What's new

General/Other - Raiden "WHO'S NEXT?" RAIDEN Revealed for Mortal Kombat X at Evolution 2014!

He had that teleport in MK9, but it was ex tele. As far as the mid combo telporting maybe he just cancelled it? If so, then is the other variation really needed?

The teleports do looks a lot quicker for his displacer variation. Looking forward to teleporting between strings again.
the teleport in the string looks more like a ghetto mixup to me. he goes low in the first string then overhead after the teleport. without back to block it doesnt make much sense though.

Flagg

Noob
Raiden looks completely badass!

To be honest Kotal Khan looked way more badass as well than previous showings.

You could really hear the sound effects this time which sound amazing.

Christ this game is going to be so sick. I fear scrubs will be crying for Raiden nerfs nearly immediately!

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
He had that teleport in MK9, but it was ex tele. As far as the mid combo telporting maybe he just cancelled it? If so, then is the other variation really needed?

The teleports do looks a lot quicker for his displacer variation. Looking forward to teleporting between strings again.
The EX tele in MK9 was a bit diff -- it was like a misdirection; he'd start to appear right next to you, then reappear on the other side. This one looked like it just moved him forward.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Damn it, I was hoping so much for Fujin, since the devs already let Raiden slip...

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
The EX tele in MK9 was a bit diff -- it was like a misdirection; he'd start to appear right next to you, then reappear on the other side. This one looked like it just moved him forward.
lol I'm not even gonna debate about it. Either way he teleports to your opposite side and then telports back in the area he teleported from originally. Anyway, who do we have so far? New characters; Cassie, Khan, Fera/Torr. Returning; Scorpion, Sub, and Raiden? It's obvious NRS is doing a trade off here. I expect the next reveal to be someone who wasn't in MK9.

Sub and Scorp were show first followed by the 3 new characters and now Raiden..pattern?

EDIT; and D'Vorah

Last edited:
lol I'm not even gonna debate about it. Either way he teleports to your opposite side and then telports back in the area he teleported from originally. Anyway, who do we have so far? New characters; Cassie, Khan, Fera/Torr. Returning; Scorpion, Sub, and Raiden? It's obvious NRS is doing a trade off here. I expect the next reveal to be someone who wasn't in MK9.
you forgot d'vorah

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Well shit! He looks awesome! Seriously cannot wait to get my hands on this game. Its going to look so sexy on ps4.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Never touched him in MK9 but that's sure gonna change in X.

Edit: not to mention Kotal Khan being so fuckin' Gdlk.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Never touched him in MK9 but that's sure gonna change in X.
Raiden was rough in MK9 because he required a ton of patience and fundamentals. He was gimmicky in the beginning, but once people found out you could punish his tele it had to stop. Putting in the time is worth it though because you can tele inbetween certain strings and that's always fun.

BRUTALITY

Banned
His design sucks. Like really hard. With all those new hardware at disposal, he got a costume so bland it hurts my eyes.

The only thing that is hype about him is teleporter mode. Shit is dope.

totally agreed. his teleport mode looks fucking sick. otherwise the trailer was "yep, thats raiden from mk9."

his costume is absolutely understated, in fact i feel it is in some mid ground between too little and too much. i would prefer all white classic raiden, or caped brutal raiden than run of the mill 'heres raiden'.

im also tired of the ball lightning, this guy is a lightning god, and he is controlling the same shitty ball lightning as mk9. i want TO SEE SOME FUCKING LIGHTNING BOLTS. you know like, Rain or Shazam or .... mk3 raiden. lightning balls are super underwhelming and not flashy or impressive. its just lame. i want some fucking lightning and i did honestly expect it in mk10.

also the fatality is balls.

kotal kahns xray is still hype though.

ps. I still like this raiden but they dropped the ball making him about 25% as awesome as they could have. so far raiden is the most likely character i will use.