What's new

General/Other - Raiden "WHO'S NEXT?" RAIDEN Revealed for Mortal Kombat X at Evolution 2014!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My thoughts
-I love how they made Raiden physically a lot bigger, makes him more imposing, which he should be since he's a god and all.
-Them teleport combos were so fucking sexy, like damn.
-Lightning traps are cool, but I don't think i'll ever use that version of Raiden.
-Awesome X-Ray.
-Fatality could have used a gorier ending IMO.

People are saying Raiden's design looks bland, but it's better than Scorpions.
Looks fine and detailed to me:

It does have me worried, with Raiden, Sub, and Scorp as examples, that they won't be giving any of the returning characters serious design and costume changes. These new costumes are the same as the old, just updated.

This motherfucker better say "Thunder take you!" at some point in this game.

Last edited:
Before the reveal, everyone was like "meh, no hype, Raiden boring, we already know he is next"
Now the whole world jerk off over their screens...

Oh my FUCKIN' THUNDER GOD!!!!!

EDIT: Now he just needs the alt black costume and his Badassery status gonna reach the heavens

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Before the reveal, everyone was like "meh, no hype, Raiden boring, we already know he is next"
Now the whole world jerk off over their screens...

Oh my FUCKIN' THUNDER GOD!!!!!

EDIT: Now he just needs the alt black costume and his Badassery status gonna reach the heavens
Believe me, I'm still disappointed in the reveal from a character standpoint. The aspect of the reveal I'm stoked about is the introduction of a solid anti zoning and trap playstyle. Whether the kombatant performing it was Raiden or Kung Lao is irrelevant.

There's this thing called manufactured happiness where you convince yourself you like what you have received because you know it's all you have to work with (for now)...

I believe there are a significant number of members here who are disappointed and depressed about the reveal that don't even realize it! If they admitted that they were unhappy with the new information then they would have to stare directly into that deep, dark, empty chasm that is their discontent and sense of betrayal.

This concludes our session. I'll see you in 4 weeks. The receptionist will have your Prozac prescription ready for you at the desk. Try to enjoy the rest of your day and take it easy.

Decay

King of the Bill
I think he looks awesome! Man, lightning looks so good in the next gen with all the particle effects and shit. Damn nice NRS. I think his costume looks good but it could use a little more flair or something. Overall though very impressive

eddsol

Noob
Now the question is, in which next event will they reveal more characters or more info?
Raiden is my favorite character, even though I hate him sometimes during the story mode.
his moves look superior to the others and i think he will be one of the most difficult characters to beat.

Next

Im hoping for
Ermac
Tanya
Shinnok
quanchi
I like Kung Lao but I dont think hes coming back
and Raiden

So of my top 5, One already made it and the other 4, taking out kung lao, theres a big chance they will make it.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Pretty damn cool, but I was kind of hoping Boon would reveal more than just Raiden. I want to see Reptile, and more new characters. I will say Raiden doesn't look like some pushover anymore though.

Believe me, I'm still disappointed in the reveal from a character standpoint. The aspect of the reveal I'm stoked about is the introduction of a solid anti zoning and trap playstyle. Whether the kombatant performing it was Raiden or Kung Lao is irrelevant.

There's this thing called manufactured happiness where you convince yourself you like what you have received because you know it's all you have to work with (for now)...

I believe there are a significant number of members here who are disappointed and depressed about the reveal that don't even realize it! If they admitted that they were unhappy with the new information then they would have to stare directly into that deep, dark, empty chasm that is their discontent and sense of betrayal.

This concludes our session. I'll see you in 4 weeks. The receptionist will have your Prozac prescription ready for you at the desk. Try to enjoy the rest of your day and take it easy.

Ha! I get what you say, but dude, It's Raiden - MK's number 3 man. Why are you disappointed?

Personally, this is my first 100% satisfying MK X info reveal. And now 3 out of 5 all time favorites are in this fuckin' masterpiece… Kitana and Jade, hurry up!

Eh I knew he was going to be in the game. He's a god and essentially the leader of earthrealm. Someone said this was anti-climactic and I agree. I would have rather seen a new character or a character from the series that was not in MK9.

I do like that his model is bigger. I remember he was always the same size as everyone, yet the manual said he was supposed to be over 7ft tall.

Don't foresee myself being a fan of lightning trap Raiden if I ever play him on the side, unless he someone has some goofy ass lightning trap that resets for 70% damage or something.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
well looks like Raiden got the style i wanted for Smoke the "displacement" i dont like Raiden and since they probably wont do duplicates i guess there goes another chunk of hype gone for me. so far not much besides disappointment on my end

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
And now 3 out of 5 all time favorites are in this fuckin' masterpiece… Kitana and Jade, hurry up!
Best you're going to get is either spiritual successor(Where it won't be Kitana or Jade, just someone with similar moves), or Wraiths under Quan Chi's control like Scorpion, Sindel, and Noob.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Ha! I get what you say, but dude, It's Raiden - MK's number 3 man. Why are you disappointed?

Personally, this is my first 100% satisfying MK X info reveal. And now 3 out of 5 all time favorites are in this fuckin' masterpiece… Kitana and Jade, hurry up!
I love Raiden and I'm glad he's in. I just thought since Boon was so completely the opposite of subtle with the "hints," I was completely convinced that he had something crazy and unexpected planned along side Raiden.

Boon is usually more cryptic. I got totally blue balled. So yeah, I have no gripes with Raiden being revealed. My disappointment is that no one else was revealed.