What's new

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014?

• Total voters

snort

Noob
How can people say sinestro is underrated when alot of people have him in there top 5's? People know whats up with him, he aint underrated.

@Mr Aquaman @Eric Z19 @LionHeart

WHY DA FUCK DID YOU VOTE FOR DOOMSDAY?

I stand by my vote good sir :p . Doomsday may not be top 5 but when I hear people like Forever King describe him as a "random mid-tier" I kinda feel like there's a little too much downplaying going on. Even putting aside the fact that damn near every relevant top 8 out there has at least one in there, this is a character who arguably has no worse matchups than 4-6 and can go punch for punch with manhunter. I hear tons of downplaying for this character all the time, and he's something like 16th on the event hubs tier list currently and that just doesn't sit right with me. He's good...in the conversation for top 10 I think.

E

Eldriken

I stand by my vote good sir :p . Doomsday may not be top 5 but when I hear people like Forever King describe him as a "random mid-tier" I kinda feel like there's a little too much downplaying going on. Even putting aside the fact that damn near every relevant top 8 out there has at least one in there, this is a character who arguably has no worse matchups than 4-6 and can go punch for punch with manhunter. I hear tons of downplaying for this character all the time, and he's something like 16th on the event hubs tier list currently and that just doesn't sit right with me. He's good...in the conversation for top 10 I think.
Fair enough. I just think he's right outside of Top 10.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I would say Sinestro but honestly a lot of people do seem to agree which kind of hurts the argument that he's underrated.

I think Deathstroke gets stigmatized as this Kano 2.0 shitter because of how heavily he got nerfed from vanilla and how vocal certain players were about that, but he's a very solid jack-of-all-trades character.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I voted Doomsday too. I think he's the best big hitbox character in the game because nobody really beats the shit out of him like you'll find with the others, and that's major in this. As has been proven in top 8 after top 8, universal viability just trumps the inconsistency of dominating some match-ups but being dominated in others.

Plus matchup numbers don't even tell the whole story with such a momentum-based character. Oh you just got carried to the corner from mid screen for free? Yeah well this might have been 5-5 but now it's 9-1. Stop trying to wake up attack the wall, bro.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Im surprised a lot of people say sinestro is underrated. Most people have him top 5 or right outside of top 5. It's not like we havent seen cowboy and p2w make multiple top 8s with him. I would think people would vote a more mid-ish tier character (like deathstroke, who leads in votes) instead of a high tier character like sinestro, but hey if that's what people think then that's what they think

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Doomsday is in every top 8 because Whiteboi and Noobe are that good.
I hope at some point we can stop discrediting other tournament players by pretending Noobe and Whiteboi are just so head-and-shoulders above everyone else that they can consistently take a merely "good" character that everyone and their mother has ample experience against to top-tier status at every single major ever. The fact of the matter is that Noobe and Doomsday are that damn good with a character who's that damn good, or at least easily capable of being that damn good at some point in almost any match-up. He gets bodied by no one and can body just about anyone once he gets his game started, which is bound to happen sooner or later.

Take the last tournament for example. Theo, who's widely considered one of the very best, using a character in Aquaman who is widely considered one of the very best, was taken to the absolute limit by another player who might be one of the best, using a character who's... well, just pretty good? Get the fuck out of here. Doomsday is way better than half the characters everyone on this site cries about daily.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I never said he was bad I just said he wasn't top tier. Not top 10. He's closer to mid tier than he is to top tier

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i think a lot of top players are underrating flash. when you have the top 2 representatives say that he doesn't lose a MU, why is there discussion from players that don't use him contrary to players that have been using him from day 1? i get the discussion that other top players that play other characters say their characters beats him, but you have to really think how much flash exp do they really have and how much it is the player they are playing vs actually MU facts. i don't think flash loses to Supes, Aqua, HG, BA or zod like some people are saying and neither does @HoneyBee so how are we going to determine this besides theory fighting?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I hope at some point we can stop discrediting other tournament players by pretending Noobe and Whiteboi are just so head-and-shoulders above everyone else that they can consistently take a merely "good" character that everyone and their mother has ample experience against to top-tier status at every single major ever. The fact of the matter is that Noobe and Doomsday are that damn good with a character who's that damn good, or at least easily capable of being that damn good at some point in almost any match-up. He gets bodied by no one and can body just about anyone once he gets his game started, which is bound to happen sooner or later.

Take the last tournament for example. Theo, who's widely considered one of the very best, using a character in Aquaman who is widely considered one of the very best, was taken to the absolute limit by another player who might be one of the best, using a character who's... well, just pretty good? Get the fuck out of here. Doomsday is way better than half the characters everyone on this site cries about daily.

I hope at some point we can stop pretending everyone is equally skilled and characters/match ups must change if someone is doing well. I have played all these guys. They are that good. Whiteboi took Theo to the limit in a 4-6 match in Aquaman's favor because he is indeed that good. He is one of the best Injustice players in the world and is much better than the majority of tournament players.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
There's talk that DD loses to Bane 3-7.
"There's talk" that Catwoman just barely loses to Bane too. Doesn't make the people talking about it any less retarded.

I'd love to see top Banes who know that matchup take on top Doomsdays who know the matchup and see how 7-3 it is though. I personally prefer to pick Doomsday than run the mirror when I face a good Bane. He's got all the tools he needs in that matchup. No fucking way it's even close to 7-3.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
i think a lot of top players are underrating flash. when you have the top 2 representatives say that he doesn't lose a MU, why is there discussion from players that don't use him contrary to players that have been using him from day 1? i get the discussion that other top players that play other characters say their characters beats him, but you have to really think how much flash exp do they really have and how much it is the player they are playing vs actually MU facts. i don't think flash loses to Supes, Aqua, HG, BA or zod like some people are saying and neither does @HoneyBee so how are we going to determine this besides theory fighting?
The reason we argue it is because you don't understand the game at a high level and your only argument in mu discussion is flash doing high damage therefore he outfootsies whoever and you can stuff dash ins with d12 for 60%. High damage =/= greater footsies & every character can stuff dash ins with their d1.