What's new

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014?

• Total voters

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Yeah, most players I talk to think that too. He is pretty good. There was a period though where he was still considered a shitter.
I used to think he was still a shitter post patch, partly because of the "Lobo Community" at the time. That was before I started traveling out to Events and stuff.

I'm glad the whole "No winning matchups post patch" thing is over

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
My point is that he doesn't, you do. He's 5-5/ 6-4, at the very least, with the entire cast. And if you deny this, you are doing it wrong. Off of any convert, his minimum damage, MINIMUM, should be 40%. 2 of those, a slap, and you're on red bar. 2 things can happen from here.
1; you zone, I eat the 20-50 % damage trying to get in, I get in with 2 bars, you eat 97% , MINIMUM. Then, you have to pull a real master if you want to win. And if you do, thats my fault, not Grundys.
2; I get in on you immediately, you eat 40 to 60% all utilizing SAFE attempts at getting damage. I.e. no yolo traits, no committing to WC, no meterless cleavers etc. And then, I back up. And keep doing that. And you cant chip me out, you cant zone me out, you cant do anything, besides attempt to apply pressure, and get punished for it.

You are all doing Grundy wrong. If Tyrant ever netted damage when he touched you, like he should, he would not lose. At WCW I could not keep track of the times he took 30% when he could have been finishing life bars in that same instance.

Believe me or don't. But someone should let Tyrant know he's got Cyrax and Jax all in one character right now.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
I had some one do something close to this to me yesterday . I didn't know whether to back dash or what. Cyborg's rush down might be a little better than what people give him credit for.
Cyborg's rushdown chips you out which makes up for the lack of mixups. Cyborg has one of the best forward and backdashes. grapple back then j2 and grapple back and nb is a mixup. j2 punishes dashes which I can connect a b3 after into 47% sending them back full screen. The other option just lets cyborg continue his zoning.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
When the average person thinks of cyborg they think of ianb and thats not all he has. Cyborg has one of the best interactable control and has a very very underated anti-air. His AA is actually good. Cyborg also has the fastest jump-in which is 5 frames.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
When the average person thinks of cyborg they think of ianb and thats not all he has. Cyborg has one of the best interactable control and has a very very underated anti-air. His AA is actually good. Cyborg also has the fastest jump-in which is 5 frames.
Doesn't scorp, ZOD and GL have a 5 framer as well

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

I fully respect and support the uphill battle you've undertaken in trying to change this community's mind about what a shitter your character is. It's a stubborn bunch so you've got your work cut out for you but I applaud your conviction. Would love to see Cyborg in a top 8.

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
I fully respect and support the uphill battle you've undertaken in trying to change this community's mind about what a shitter your character is. It's a stubborn bunch so you've got your work cut out for you but I applaud your conviction. Would love to see Cyborg in a top 8.
I might go to TFC and I will try to go to the brightest day and totfc locals.