What's new

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014?

• Total voters
Does he get bopped in those matchups though, or is everyone approaching them wrong? Which, lbsh, in a game like injustice. Day 1 everyone approaches everything wrong. And when one big name gets something in their mouth, the sheeple just follow.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything of the sort, but too are b list fly. You do not do the character anymore justice than anyone I mentioned earlier.
I'm pretty sure characters like hawkgirl, Superman, and etc. give him big issues. He can still fight them obviously, but they aren't easy by any means. Characters have bad matchups, but of course you can find ways to deal with them. I dnt think tyrant approaches matchups wrong necessarily as he is very good in runbacks and plays in socal with a good crew of players. He may be missing some things (which I obviously dnt know what haha), but he definitely has the best grasp on how to utilize grundy in tournament as of right now for sure.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Grundy does lots of damage, so I guess he's good right?

He get's 3-7'd but Zod, Bane, Hawkgirl and Cyborg. His MU chart looks shit, but man he gets good damage! So he must be top 5 in the game.
Some of these people are so fucking delusional, it makes me want to vomit.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
True or not...you didn't even address my post. You just insulted me to discredit me. Not trying to be rude huh?
What would you like me to address? That 90% of Grundy players assume that if wcc's wont catch someone, it can't be done? Or that, in a fighting game, you're required to make a read to gain momentum? Because the character you are fighting against has to do the same. Stop trying to brute force all of your plays, use some finesse, and play the 33/33/33 game known as injustice.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Batgirl is actually a shitter
Her 50/50s purely gimmicks. She does no real damage. 60% is all she can get for one bar :/
Her bola is a bill of goods. 5hard 6setup in a combo. Has no mobility. All her wakeups are a bill of goods and can be baited/stuffed. She only gets 53% if you wakeup DP and its HEIGHT DEPENDANT. WTF. I can only get 48% if you are grounded :/
All in all. Shes not tournament viable.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
What would you like me to address? That 90% of Grundy players assume that if wcc's wont catch someone, it can't be done? Or that, in a fighting game, you're required to make a read to gain momentum? Because the character you are fighting against has to do the same. Stop trying to brute force all of your plays, use some finesse, and play the 33/33/33 game known as injustice.
I think his point was it's easier for the other character to run away than it is for Grundy to catch them, which makes it in the other character's favor.
Which might be like half the cast vs Grundy

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I'm pretty sure characters like hawkgirl, Superman, and etc. give him big issues. He can still fight them obviously, but they aren't easy by any means. Characters have bad matchups, but of course you can find ways to deal with them. I dnt think tyrant approaches matchups wrong necessarily as he is very good in runbacks and plays in socal with a good crew of players. He may be missing some things (which I obviously dnt know what haha), but he definitely has the best grasp on how to utilize grundy in tournament as of right now for sure.
Totally agree with you in saying Tyrants the best. He just has major holes. And of course he has 2 or 3 characters that require him to play with a lot more reaction, and a lot less auto pilot. But you, of all people, would have to agree that that doesn't necessarily make something a bad matchup. It just means you have to actually play the game.

Totally agree with you in saying Tyrants the best. He just has major holes. And of course he has 2 or 3 characters that require him to play with a lot more reaction, and a lot less auto pilot. But you, of all people, would have to agree that that doesn't necessarily make something a bad matchup. It just means you have to actually play the game.
Yeah sometimes having to change your style doesn't make a matchup bad necessarily (like Aquaman can't ftd against DS/ KF as much really, but he can adjust and those matchups are even for him).

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I think his point was it's easier for the other character to run away than it is for Grundy to catch them, which makes it in the other character's favor.

Of course it is! If he touches you, you are dead! If you are getting double flawlessed, every time you fight hawkgirl or zod, then you're all right. Grundy loses miserably. But if you ever, and I fuckin mean ever, land that d2, standing 2 , 112, f12 or any other thing that links to swamp hands and you don't win. That's on you bro.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Can someone explain what @BlackBryan is wrong about? I've sat and watched @Josh Owens do 90 some percent consistently. If someone like him had Tyrant's level of fundamentals I think the conversation would be a lot different. Tyrant's a gdlk player playing 2013 Grundy and he still gets results. Am I one of the only ones thinking how scary it would be if he implemented what the Grundy community's found and everyone ignores?
..... what are we talking about?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Yeah...let's all pretend that Ares doesn't have zoning or teleports to keep away from your opponents...

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Does he get bopped in those matchups though, or is everyone approaching them wrong? Which, lbsh, in a game like injustice. Day 1 everyone approaches everything wrong. And when one big name gets something in their mouth, the sheeple just follow.
To be honest, that's the damn truth. The dick-riding in this community makes it impossible to even try to open up civil discussion about tier lists and matchup charts without some of the worst down-players/up-players around and their cronies shutting it down just because they've placed. High level players cementing their matchup charts after getting bopped in a set is why Raiden was #1 in MK9 at one point lol.

I do think Grundy has a lot of trouble with characters who can take to the air out of range of his AA grab though. I can definitely feel the struggle in certain matchups. That being said, when has there ever been a character with an advancing special that absorbs multiple hits and can be cancelled into anything, itself included? I can't say WCC has been fully explored or taken advantage of yet. Not do I think anyone is walking their opponents down with the sort of patience it took DJT to finally land Cyrax his first major win. This game can still evolve and Grundy has as much potential as any character to grow.

JDM

Noob
Easily Lex Luthor.

I've mained him since day 1 demo, and never have I played a "low tier" character that I truly feel comfortable with in almost every matchup.

And Lex in the corner is unstoppable.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This

Of course it is! If he touches you, you are dead! If you are getting double flawlessed, every time you fight hawkgirl or zod, then you're all right. Grundy loses miserably. But if you ever, and I fuckin mean ever, land that d2, standing 2 , 112, f12 or any other thing that links to swamp hands and you don't win. That's on you bro.
So by your logic, Grundy is hit of death and effectively beats every character in the game.

News flash...grundy has to catch you 4+ times in a match.

First bar:
40-50% combos that end in chain throw pushes away = two hits to take that bar.

Red bar:
Same 2 combos equals 2 hits but clash makes 3 touches.

To catch someone that many times when they have interactables, throw immune attacks, mb b3 mb f3 and air zoning = bad matchups = not top 5 = mid tier.

I don't think he is bottom 5. I actually think he is just below nightwing. But you are kind of being retarded

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
This

So by your logic, Grundy is hit of death and effectively beats every character in the game.

News flash...grundy has to catch you 4+ times in a match.

First bar:
40-50% combos that end in chain throw pushes away = two hits to take that bar.

Red bar:
Same 2 combos equals 2 hits but clash makes 3 touches.

To catch someone that many times when they have interactables, throw immune attacks, mb b3 mb f3 and air zoning = bad matchups = not top 5 = mid tier.

I don't think he is bottom 5. I actually think he is just below nightwing. But you are kind of being retarded
Apparently it's absolutely retarded to distinguish that having to clash and losing the first health bar afford breaks in the momentum where the grappler once again has to catch his opponent though. I suggested the same about how many times per match Bane has to catch a hitbox Zod and nobody could grasp that.