What's new

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014

Who is the most underrated character as of 9/20/2014?

• Total voters

Kinetic Balding1

Day 1 Phenomenal Cyborg
Lobo's487380, member: 28781"]and Lobo.[/quote]
Lobo's has downward hitbox so it won't beat out cyborg or characters with high jumps.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Can someone explain what @BlackBryan is wrong about? I've sat and watched @Josh Owens do 90 some percent consistently. If someone like him had Tyrant's level of fundamentals I think the conversation would be a lot different. Tyrant's a gdlk player playing 2013 Grundy and he still gets results. Am I one of the only ones thinking how scary it would be if he implemented what the Grundy community's found and everyone ignores?

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
youre incredibly wrong

IVE NEVER played a grundy i didnt make rage quit

your online boy toy wil be no different
You will body nobrows, no doubt in my mind. What I said was," if Tyrant would convert his damage", not that Grundy will win on damage alone. Every Grundy player out there (that I've seen) is a scrub, short of Tyrant. They are all adequate, you are playing with people far below your skill level, and we both know it.

Can someone explain what @BlackBryan is wrong about? I've sat and watched @Josh Owens do 90 some percent consistently. If someone like him had Tyrant's level of fundamentals I think the conversation would be a lot different. Tyrant's a gdlk player playing 2013 Grundy and he still gets results. Am I one of the only ones thinking how scary it would be if he implemented what the Grundy community's found and everyone ignores?
realistically speaking, any matchup that grundy doesn't get bopped in (he has a pretty good amount of those), grundy is very scary indeed, especially if you lack matchup knowledge. Tbh, he will probably stay around the same tier he is in, at least community opinion wise, because we don't have enough time to fully explore our games.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
You will body nobrows, no doubt in my mind. What I said was," if Tyrant would convert his damage", not that Grundy will win on damage alone. Every Grundy player out there (that I've seen) is a scrub, short of Tyrant. They are all adequate, you are playing with people far below your skill level, and we both know it.
Why don't you pick up this godlike character and show us results then

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
realistically speaking, any matchup that grundy doesn't get bopped in (he has a pretty good amount of those), grundy is very scary indeed, especially if you lack matchup knowledge. Tbh, he will probably stay around the same tier he is in, at least community opinion wise, because we don't have enough time to fully explore our games.
I mean, I still think my character probably beats him at least 6-4. But how do we even know what most of his matchups are outside theory? Who is playing them at the highest level? We probably will never know because people aren't putting in the time. With that character's toolset though, I don't see why he can't be a higher tier character if someone has both the tech and fundamentals. You have armor, hella mixups, and hella damage. It could be like how the Bane community might be like if Max stopped labbing and training a year ago.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Why don't you pick up this godlike character and show us results then
Teh fuck does everyone not understand about the fact that I am not Tyrant. I do not, you do not, josh does not, we all do not have the talent he has. 0 top players use this character for real. And my b level talent, which is all I will ever have, will not showcase what Grundy is capable of. Neither will yours, and neither will Josh's. Now, if you persinally would like to get bopped by my 16th alt Grundy, then I have no problem doing that. But you might as well play nobrows, because I do not play the character, I just know his REAL combos/resets.

I mean, I still think my character probably beats him at least 6-4. But how do we even know what most of his matchups are outside theory? Who is playing them at the highest level? We probably will never know because people aren't putting in the time. With that character's toolset though, I don't see why he can't be a higher tier character if someone has both the tech and fundamentals. You have armor, hella mixups, and hella damage. It could be like how the Bane community might be like if Max stopped labbing and training a year ago.
Real Talk, You can never truly flesh a fighting game out completely (and Super Turbo Street Fighter 2 is a perfect example of this as T.Hawk was seen as trash tier until Damdai hit that grind with him now he is considered way better than ppl ever thought he was). I wish NRS games got the time SF games goes with the yearly patches and stuff, we could find out so much more about our games.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Teh fuck does everyone not understand about the fact that I am not Tyrant. I do not, you do not, josh does not, we all do not have the talent he has. 0 top players use this character for real. And my b level talent, which is all I will ever have, will not showcase what Grundy is capable of. Neither will yours, and neither will Josh's. Now, if you persinally would like to get bopped by my 16th alt Grundy, then I have no problem doing that. But you might as well play nobrows, because I do not play the character, I just know his REAL combos/resets.
Yeah, Grundy mirror.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Are those 3 bars/ stage specific/ corner combos really practical?

Damage isn't the issue Grundy players are having, anyway.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have been playing Grundy since day 1. He was my main before NW but I still play him in casuals and have kept up with his mu and will always play him. I watch tyrant and have learned the game from grundy's eyes.

Here is his real problem. Grundy has to make a read to catch you. Yes he can get in but when he does get in you have to read a jump or a block or a movement. If you guess wrong your chasing the whole screen again. He takes damage the whole time and there may be matches where you never catch an opponent who knows how to counter Grundy effectively. In a 33/33/33 guess situation, the odds are never in your favor. Basically he has a 33% chance of winning against character with good keep away.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Does he get bopped in those matchups though, or is everyone approaching them wrong? Which, lbsh, in a game like injustice. Day 1 everyone approaches everything wrong. And when one big name gets something in their mouth, the sheeple just follow.
I have been playing Grundy since day 1. He was my main before NW but I still play him in casuals and have kept up with his mu and will always play him. I watch tyrant and have learned the game from grundy's eyes.

Here is his real problem. Grundy has to make a read to catch you. Yes he can get in but when he does get in you have to read a jump or a block or a movement. If you guess wrong your chasing the whole screen again. He takes damage the whole time and there may be matches where you never catch an opponent who knows how to counter Grundy effectively. In a 33/33/33 guess situation, the odds are never in your favor. Basically he has a 33% chance of winning against character with good keep away.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything of the sort, but too are b list fly. You do not do the character anymore justice than anyone I mentioned earlier.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Does he get bopped in those matchups though, or is everyone approaching them wrong? Which, lbsh, in a game like injustice. Day 1 everyone approaches everything wrong. And when one big name gets something in their mouth, the sheeple just follow.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything of the sort, but too are b list fly. You do not do the character anymore justice than anyone I mentioned earlier.
True or not...you didn't even address my post. You just insulted me to discredit me. Not trying to be rude huh?