What's new

Who has something to prove in Injustice?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I am not twisting anything, you jump in almost everytime people talk about the best flash this isn't about dink. Also Dink is canadian so he is not bias at all...
that is true, and its because i have passion for being the best. its like if Ali and tyson were being debated on who is the best, Ali isn't the type of guy who would just let someone say tyson is the best, he was very vocal and cocky. maybe i'm just vocal and cocky like Ali, different strokes for different folks. also i firmly believe in shit talk, i was a halo player and football/basketball player, on a team full of teenagers, i was always the most vocal guy, team captain and constant shit talking the other team. some people are different if you wanna judge me then MM me in a dance off.....

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm just curious, let's say I do well at a tournament and use like 4 characters equally.

Does that mean I get to give my opinion on all of those characters or none?
Good question, I'm only speaking for myself

I don't really have a confident answer off hand.

I'll say this if you won 6 matches to make top 8 using 4 characters id still prefer MU discussions as a whole from someone who mained them. To me it's more impressive to be prepared for the best and worst MUs because that to me tells me they know more about the character than anyone not just how to use them in a 7-3/6-4

For me it also depends on the character. For u personally id be interested to talk shazam. For aqua, theo. For raven, ducky. For lex, revolver. Etc

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
right so i don't have the humble attitude, so that makes me not the best flash.......great analysis. i've been humble all the way up until recently, do i need to stay consistent like showing up to tournaments now?what you described is popularity, not actual facts, if Luffy was the biggest asshole in the world he would still be the best rose, right or wrong? everyone throws around objectivity back when people were debating between me and harold as best flash, "you gotta place bro, tournaments are the only thing that matter bro" yet now when i throw these numbers out its "well honeybee is humble and your cocky, and he's the best at the zod MU and sinestro MU etc" and "you haven't left the EC bro". if there was a major outside the EC anywhere the rest of this year not named WCW i would be there, unless its friday pools lol only reason i don't go to WCW is SJ is the week before it. anyway i stated facts, you came in here with your opinion on the situation, i appreciate it really, i'm just policing facts around here, if you think honeybee is the best thats cool, but don't say it is because of placements when its false.
Nope, just because a player gets higher at a tournament doesn't make them the best. Ricky Ortiz placed higher than Justin Wong at EVO, but Justin is WIDELY regarded as the better Rufus.

You're talking about two outdated tournaments only in your region which you didn't win and discrediting tournaments that happened in Honeybee's region or any other majors that honeybee or Harold has gone to as well. Can we add that maybe you did do well at two EC majors but from what I recall, you did super shitty at NEC right?

You're not a bad player, but you don't have the attitude to be the best and people will not respect you as the best because you're simply not being likeable.

And it's clear that all you want is to be regarded as the best by others because you seem to be so confident that you're the best, all you want is others to believe you're the best, which we don't and we won't because all you do is go into threads trying to get us to say you're the best.

The difference between you and Ali/Tyson is that they always proved themselves to be the best, constantly beating the best and constantly doing what they did to be the best. You just stay on the forum talking shit when you have two majors.

You and Honeybee yield similar results. You just go out and about talking shit and propfishing instead of traveling to a major outside of your region, win or make a high top 8, and then let everyone just become your fan. Otherwise, your claims are super baseless and actually quite hypocritical

@AK Pig Of The Hut I feel it depends on the player. In mk9 ppl wanted my opinions on liu kang, reptile, cage, and etc. The same goes for IGAU as I talk about deathstroke, batgirl, green lantern (dnt play him as much but am very knowledgeable about him for obvious reasons) and etc. Sometimes even ppl who main a character can't tell u much about a matchup just because they haven't been able to grind that matchup out that much (same can be said for a multiple character player). If it came down to catwoman, yeah i'd go to 16 bit if I wanted to talk about her but when it comes to deathstroke, ppl will come to me even if I dnt only play him/ main him.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Nope, just because a player gets higher at a tournament doesn't make them the best. Ricky Ortiz placed higher than Justin Wong at EVO, but Justin is WIDELY regarded as the better Rufus.

You're talking about two outdated tournaments only in your region which you didn't win and discrediting tournaments that happened in Honeybee's region or any other majors that honeybee or Harold has gone to as well. Can we add that maybe you did do well at two EC majors but from what I recall, you did super shitty at NEC right?

You're not a bad player, but you don't have the attitude to be the best and people will not respect you as the best because you're simply not being likeable.

And it's clear that all you want is to be regarded as the best by others because you seem to be so confident that you're the best, all you want is others to believe you're the best, which we don't and we won't because all you do is go into threads trying to get us to say you're the best.

The difference between you and Ali/Tyson is that they always proved themselves to be the best, constantly beating the best and constantly doing what they did to be the best. You just stay on the forum talking shit when you have two majors.

You and Honeybee yield similar results. You just go out and about talking shit and propfishing instead of traveling to a major outside of your region, win or make a high top 8, and then let everyone just become your fan. Otherwise, your claims are super baseless and actually quite hypocritical
you know what you are totally right maybe i've been going about this the wrong way, instead of defending myself, i have to realize who i'm actually addressing in all this, thank you based Fman i will stay shut from now on.

Some people are better at finding tech than they are at applying it.
Discussing matchups requires you to ''discuss''. Discuss risk/reward, who wins fullscreen/midscreen/upclose, options when you get knocked down/your oki options, toolset vs toolset, who wins footsiegame and why, what part of the screen will this matchup be played(gets zoned, gets rushed down, straight up footsiegame), do your character's move get shutdown by the other character and what are your alternative options...

If you can discuss this in detail I don't see how you cannot take part in matchup discussions. Everything you read on the MU discussion threads you will have to test, whether it comes from a godlike player or not, you have to test everything for yourself in training mode and actual play. Things such as risk/rewards are facts, if your character does more damage than mine and your option is safe and mine is not, then it wouldn't matter whether it comes out of the mouth of a top player or not, it is what it is....your opponents' character has the advantage in the risk reward department.

Anything like lol 6-4, go play x player, lol he gets outzoned doesn't provide shit information.

For example if you say x character gets outzoned, tell people why that character gets outzoned...

- Does he lose the projectile trade?
- How is his mobility in this specific matchup? And how is it different from other characters?
- What are you alternative options?
- Is it hard to get the lifelead? And if you get the lifelead, is turtling a viable option?

Just my 2 cents on how matchup discussion should be and not the bs that goes around in 90% of the ''MU discussions'' on these forums.

I mean if you're too lazy to explain anything and just say 6-4 or go play x player and are too lazy to explain why x player is that different, then you might as well not post anything.

Maasik

Noob
you know what you are totally right maybe i've been going about this the wrong way, instead of defending myself, i have to realize who i'm actually addressing in all this, thank you based Fman i will stay shut from now on.
Couldn't hurt honestly.. Someone who's the best at anything will never have to try and convince people that they really are; they just are. Ever heard the saying: "Don't talk about it, be about it"? Actions speak a lot louder than words.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Discussing matchups requires you to ''discuss''. Discuss risk/reward, who wins fullscreen/midscreen/upclose, options when you get knocked down/your oki options, toolset vs toolset, who wins footsiegame and why, what part of the screen will this matchup be played(gets zoned, gets rushed down, straight up footsiegame), do your character's move get shutdown by the other character and what are your alternative options...

If you can discuss this in detail I don't see how you cannot take part in matchup discussions. Everything you read on the MU discussion threads you will have to test, whether it comes from a godlike player or not, you have to test everything for yourself in training mode and actual play. Things such as risk/rewards are facts, if your character does more damage than mine and your option is safe and mine is not, then it wouldn't matter whether it comes out of the mouth of a top player or not, it is what it is....your opponents' character has the advantage in the risk reward department.

Anything like lol 6-4, go play x player, lol he gets outzoned doesn't provide shit information.

For example if you say x character gets outzoned, tell people why that character gets outzoned...

- Does he lose the projectile trade?
- How is his mobility in this specific matchup? And how is it different from other characters?
- What are you alternative options?
- Is it hard to get the lifelead? And if you get the lifelead, is turtling a viable option?

Just my 2 cents on how matchup discussion should be and not the bs that goes around in 90% of the ''MU discussions'' on these forums.

I mean if you're too lazy to explain anything and just say 6-4 or go play x player and are too lazy to explain why x player is that different, then you might as well not post anything.
So in other words don't be Pig... lol jk

I agree with you 100%. That's why I don't make match up charts... That and I always tend to skew things to Even.

We need information we kan actually use. People kan tell me a match up is 5-5 all day but at the end of the day, it's how komfortable I am in the match up that determines how and if I play it. It doesn't matter if I agree. It doesn't matter if I disagree. What matters is what I learned and what I do about it..

But yeah people don't usually discuss these things.

I agree with you 100%. That's why I don't make match up charts... That and I always tend to skew things to Even.

We need information we kan actually use. People kan tell me a match up is 5-5 all day but at the end of the day, it's how komfortable I am in the match up that determines how and if I play it. It doesn't matter if I agree. It doesn't matter if I disagree. What matters is what I learned and what I do about it..

Yes, they don't actually discuss in matchup DISCUSSION threads.

Pig Of The Hut

I'd rather discuss w great players than create a thread that gets loaded w a bunch of crap thats nonsensical

Pig Of The Hut

Wouldn't it be better to put that valuable information out there for everyone in those threads? That would prevent a lot of misinformation going around, just saying...
I PM people I like helping and wanna learn from

They know who they are , I help tons behind the scenes privately, I don't like posting a lot of what I know because you get into just ridiculous arguments w dummies

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'd rather discuss w great players than create a thread that gets loaded w a bunch of crap thats nonsensical
I kan see that, if only to streamline the process and avoid klutter but if you're rejecting information just because of the source then I wouldn't quite agree with you...

Still, there's people I know that show more information than top players do. There are also top players that have less skills in certain aspects that I also account for. The best players aren't the best at everything, and I take that into account when learning from them.

I PM people I like helping and wanna learn from

They know who they are , I help tons behind the scenes privately, I don't like posting a lot of what I know because you get into just ridiculous arguments w dummies
It's not just about you though. Whether you participate or not there will be people posting in those MU threads and if not managed correctly a lot of misinformation will be lying around. I think it will be benificial to us all to have that information lying there for new players and existing players. Pig you might be able to help 50 people but you can't help hundreds of people with learning matchups. The whole point of those threads is that people know where to go if they wants to know what the metagame of that matchup is.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
are you sure about this? i recall that he didn't do so well at EVO, out of his 3 american tournaments two top 8's and then evo where he didn't get very far from what i saw of the brackets. he has two major top 8's, so do i, so does harold, both harold and honeybee have 4th and 5th place respectively, i have a 3rd and 7th place. if you are really going by this objectively and only factoring majors in america then i am currently the best flash, here is the proof. in terms of rankings on SRK, (repeat this is objective material)
Harold = 509
honeybee = 515
Zyphox = 605

of course counting the other tournaments they attended they have more points than i do, but in american majors how can you objectively say something like that? i know he's canadian and rep your country and what not but damn.
I think honeybee got 17th ish at EVO. Somewhere around the same for MLG as well. Another thing is Honeybee was more consistent with tournament appearances as well. he actually showed up to those tournaments and travelled outside of his home area. Your still a good flash man, dont get me wrong. Just not the most accomplished is all that i was saying

Pig Of The Hut

It's not just about you though. Whether you participate or not there will be people posting in those MU threads and if not managed correctly a lot of misinformation will be lying around. I think it will be benificial to us all to have that information lying there for new players and existing players. Pig you might be able to help 50 people but you can't help hundreds of people with learning matchups. The whole point of those threads is that people know where to go if they wants to know what the metagame of that matchup is.
Well I have video character guides coming

Hopefully that helps

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
are you sure about this? i recall that he didn't do so well at EVO, out of his 3 american tournaments two top 8's and then evo where he didn't get very far from what i saw of the brackets. he has two major top 8's, so do i, so does harold, both harold and honeybee have 4th and 5th place respectively, i have a 3rd and 7th place. if you are really going by this objectively and only factoring majors in america then i am currently the best flash, here is the proof. in terms of rankings on SRK, (repeat this is objective material)
Harold = 509
honeybee = 515
Zyphox = 605

of course counting the other tournaments they attended they have more points than i do, but in american majors how can you objectively say something like that? i know he's canadian and rep your country and what not but damn.
If you want to go over the list of how we did at tournaments, why not show the results of ALL majors that we've attended in the life of this game?

Here's my list:

CECC - 2nd (October 2013)
ECT - 5th (May 2014)
Toryuken - 1st (May 2014)
UFGT - 4th (May 2014)
EVO - Top 32 (July 2014)

Yeah I know what you're gonna say, my Canadian tournaments don't count cause blah blah blah so whatever, exclude that if you want. It doesn't change the fact that my worst showing was making it out of pools and getting top 32 at EVO. What was your worst showing? How many tournaments have you gone to in total? If you exclude my Canadian tournaments I've gone to a grand total of 3 tournaments. Period. So saying we travel the same and whatever is complete BS. You had a FULL YEAR to establish yourself as the best Flash and you fucked up. I'm the best Flash now. Deal with it.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I didnt read much of anything in this thread, this is based on the title of the thread.

I believe I have a lot to proove to myself.

I want to proove I can make it out of pools again. If I made another top 8 at a big major I would probably have the same reaction as sonic winning EVO. Curse of the low tier. But that is something I would like to proove to myself. I have SJ and TFC back to back with chances and I know if I put the work in I can play and beat anyone that plays this game anyday, except martain outside of the corner. I want to do it with all ares, and be able to look back on the game and say, hey I did that, and noone else could.

Ive always had success as best I was always getting 23rd 17th and a couple 13th and 7th placings, never worse. And I dont want to finally scrub out and have the option select of "He plays ares we understand." I feel like I have nothing to proove to the community, I talk some talk but damnit I back it up as best I can. I have only myself to try and give her one more try. Before MK drops and were back to spamming just a hair more.