What's new

Who has something to prove in Injustice?

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
This need for validation is extremely obnoxious. "STOP SAYING OTHER PEOPLE ARE BETTER THAN ME, I WANT TO BE THOUGHT OF AS THE BEST. IM JUST GOING TO MAKE EVERY THREAD I POST IN ABOUT ME AND WHY I SHOULD BE CONSIDERED THE BEST." Less talking more doing.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I think the biggest difference , if you hear me out, is him delivering at events outside his region. SJ has 18 pre registered, to me that sounds like The Break.

It's important to do well outside your region because that's where most regions travel

I think that's the bigger difference
Wait only 18? Really?

Fuuuuu.... My car makes up 1/3 of the pre-regs? :(

We discuss on phone and Skype to avoid crap
Not everyone has access to those conversations. Discussing matchups in private helps the two people discussing. Doing so in public helps anyone who can see/hear it.

I understand on public forums you will have people spewing stupid or wrong opinions (I may well be guilty of that myself), but smart discussions can enlighten people and spread knowledge. Those who don't even want to try to learn, ignore them; don't let them ruin it for everyone.

That's how I see it anyway, and is why I try to break down all MU discussions to encompass what I have experienced (And try not to give numbers anymore), then wait and see who can back me up/discredit it, then take whatever is said to me into training mode to double check it and potentially learn something new.
Admittedly, it does sometimes lead to me wasting time testing things that don't actually work...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wait only 18? Really?

Fuuuuu.... My car makes up 1/3 of the pre-regs? :(

Not everyone has access to those conversations. Discussing matchups in private helps the two people discussing. Doing so in public helps anyone who can see/hear it.

I understand on public forums you will have people spewing stupid or wrong opinions (I may well be guilty of that myself), but smart discussions can enlighten people and spread knowledge. Those who don't even want to try to learn, ignore them; don't let them ruin it for everyone.

That's how I see it anyway, and is why I try to break down all MU discussions to encompass what I have experienced (And try not to give numbers anymore), then wait and see who can back me up/discredit it, then take whatever is said to me into training mode to double check it and potentially learn something new.
Admittedly, it does sometimes lead to me wasting time testing things that don't actually work...
18 as of last week i believe

The question is quite simple who has something to prove to themselves or to the community as a whole.
I am talking about the "top" players that talked a big game and never delivered.
The first person that comes to mind is m2dave, he is completely irrelevant when it comes to injustice.
The little fame that m2dave has is because of his friendship with zod of the hut.
I was not around for the MK era, I had no idea who m2dave was.
The little that I knew about m2dave was from 16bit mocking him on KTP l0l
Looks like he can't adapt to non MK games.

People who need to prove them selves:
Rico
m2dave
Zyphox( talked a big game and honey bee need what took him a year in a few tournament appearances).

give me your top 3 guys

Edit:
I was considering rico a full time injustice player which is not the case.
He places top 16 most of the time in a game that he almost never practices, many props to the fresh maker.
support and buy his shirt.
http://teespring.com/ricosuave
Come on now dude, Rico Suave came and played the game and it just wasn't something he wanted to continue playing so he stuck with Street Fighter. And honestly I doubt M2Dave being a little bit under is not due to Pig of the Hut he wouldn't talk down anyone to that point dude M2Dave just wasn't such an outstanding player to the point where he got recognized, as for Zyphox he has nothing to prove he came up with the original flash tech if anything he was the first to show how the character needs to be played and what he's capable of.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I would say arma has got to place top 8 outside his KN backyard

I would say KDZ needs to show the same ^^^ as above but he has at least done it w pre patch superman before oct '13

I'd say same for zyphox as arma

Id say wonder chef needs to do less policing mains he doesn't use and focus more on placing at WCW and future events
Arma, Zyphox, and KDZ all did great at Winter Brawl. I see what you're saying, but that tournament was pretty stacked despite being considered in their "backyard."

Could not agree more with WonderChef. I get that the dude is probably good, but I've never seen anything but mediocre GL and Shazam play from him--especially given how high of a pedestal he puts his MU knowledge on.

Lol pig is trying to bury Summer Jam cause he feels threaten by Brady and his training partner returning back to injustice at full form.

No, it would be as impressive as placing at a regional. It is what it is(18 people). Why is that so hard to understand?
First of all SJ is a major, just cause inj can't draw evo numbers won't change that.

also, its not hard to understand, its just that your point isn't valid to me. Punishing a player for winning/placing in any context is dumb especially over things that a player can't even control.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Come on now dude, Rico Suave came and played the game and it just wasn't something he wanted to continue playing so he stuck with Street Fighter. And honestly I doubt M2Dave being a little bit under is not due to Pig of the Hut he wouldn't talk down anyone to that point dude M2Dave just wasn't such an outstanding player to the point where he got recognized, as for Zyphox he has nothing to prove he came up with the original flash tech if anything he was the first to show how the character needs to be played and what he's capable of.
as far as rico, read the OP again.
zyphox you might be right.
m2dave-hell no
he talks like a top player and has yet to make top 8 with one of the best characters in the game.

First of all SJ is a major, just cause inj can't draw evo numbers won't change that.

also, its not hard to understand, its just that your point isn't valid to me. Punishing a player for winning/placing in any context is dumb especially over things that a player can't even control.
The level of play is probably going to be like that. You can call it a major but the level of play won't be like that of a major with about 50+ people. Unless those 18 people consist of 16 bit, theo, denzell mit, Pl, jupiter, Fk, kdz, sonic fox and them I don't see how the level of play could be compared to a major.

And I am only saying this IF Summerjam is only going to be 18 people, which it probably isn't. It could easily get 50+ people and then you could call it a tournament with major level comp.

The level of play is probably going to be like that. You can call it a major but the level of play won't be like that of a major with about 50+ people. Unless those 18 people consist of 16 bit, theo, denzell mit, Pl, jupiter, Fk, kdz, sonic fox and them I don't see how the level of play could be compared to a major.
Well, I am pretty sure PL, jup, and sonicfox are going and lol @ KDZ.

Fromundaman

I write too much.

Punishing?
Is someone taking away prize money?
Is someone taking away a medal?

If not then you have not been punished for winning, and haters can keep right on hating. The only thing that matters is that win.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

No

When someone smashes their pad because they're scared to lose (CEO) and doesn't attend Evo or any major outside his region and when they do fails then blames me for EC troubles and also blames me for why no one wants to play him the amount if respect goes way down to an unrecoverable level

Maybe Tom should try also when he loses online not to claim it's his magical brother Stephen playing and not him using flashpoint Aquaman and doing same dumb mix ups f1 scoop like it's still beta or something

Oh beta

How I'm tired of hearing about beta

Tom wants it to count because he knows he has a decent chance placing where as other events he didn't and wouldn't even compete at ceo or Evo