What's new

What is the legacy that Injustice: GAU leaves behind?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Safe meterless 50/50 in IGAU made me basically stop playing it. This is actually one, single thing on which i agree with Dave.

IGAU was fun for while but in reality i went back to MK9 rather quickly. With all the flaws it has - it was and is 10x more entertaining and fun to play / watch then IGAU.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
did u play mk9 juggy
Casually, yes. I didn't get into it because I wanted it to be UMK3 and it wasn't. Then when I realized I actually liked it, Injustice was a month away from releasing. Just like every other fighter, I was decent in the beginning. I played everyone the first few weeks, CDJr, CDsr, Maxter, 16bit, REO, THTB, DarkRob, Pig, etc, and held my own. But I never owned the game, I had rented it, so I fell waaay behind.

Safe meterless 50/50 in IGAU made me basically stop playing it. This is actually one, single thing on which i agree with Dave.

IGAU was fun for while but in reality i went back to MK9 rather quickly. With all the flaws it has - it was and is 10x more entertaining and fun to play / watch then IGAU.
This basically.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
An intelligent mind would discern the fact that sonic fox was 14 years old at that time, has grown, matured, put aside a number of the habits that kept him from beating better players. He's learned and developed greatly in the last two years.

The current edition of Sonic Fox waltzed back to evo 2014 and handily beat the entire crop of "footsies players" in the MK9 side tourney. Despite not practicing it anymore, Sonic and Dab were displaying some of the best grasp of the game in that tournament by far.

If you really think that the Sonic Fox of 2014/2015 is the same Sonic from 2012, you've not been paying attention :p And you will be in for a big surprise in MKX.
First of all, grown men do not like a teenager being better. Secondly, didnt you hear? No one trained, nor cared for the Evo side tournament because MK9 is dead, which gave Fox a easy win.........

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
@Slips I still feel way too many unnecessary patches happened for mk9 and injustice (sub zero getting his reset nerfed, jade getting her up 3 nerfed, ermac getting his push nerfed, ares getting his reset taken away, Scorpion getting KILLED, DS I still dnt think deserved low gun shot nerfs but I could care less who agrees with me haha and etc.). I think the only things that deserve patches are infinites and glitches, otherwise we should see if we can find away around something for at least the first 6 months. I know ppl are going to say (oh pre patch adam was too good and blah blah blah etc.) but was he actually "broke"? I say no and I am willing to stick by that opinion no matter what. Even I have caught myself saying the word "broke" but tbh I shouldn't be throwing that word around like that because most of the time, ppl call something "broke" because it is very good but not anywhere near game breaking or what not.
I would argue that not every balance idea is going to be perfect. Nobody has a perfect track record of being right about balance. Everyone loved the Superman nerfs. Everyone loved the Batman nerfs. Everyone loved the Frost nerfs. Everyone loved the Aquaman nerfs. (And he obviously needed more) Hindsight is 20/20 and we can easily point to all the buffs and nerfs that didn't work out. But I bet if you were to list all the buffs and nerfs that took place during the lifespan of the game I bet you'd easily see more positive ones than negative ones.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Safe fiddy fiddys for one hunna percent. "Ahhhhhhhh"quaman

Unblockable interactables that otg and do 20%+ damage. That one time I did a Superman combo on my mom

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm going to remember how I went from not being able to do anything but spam specials and uppercuts in mk9 to becoming magnitudes better (even though I still suck tremendously) in injustice. I love the game, only complaint is now I have to learn how to play with a block button lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
on that we agree,

A bottom 5 character possessed a meterless 50/50 vortex in MK. Wheres the complaining?

The last round bee was clearly mentally gone. I pointed out a point that literally was if he was right in his read he would be champion. No "vortex" included. It was down to a read. Adapt guys.

Did you know every single time a character like Ares touches you EVER he can 50/50 you off of 1 normal every time? for free? into half like every time?

nah hes trash ;]

try playing against Ibuki at the highest level "shrugs"

I guess I will make my point to replying to this thread at all, If fox wasn't playing injustice, what would this thread look like? lol
Both options were full combo punishable on block!

haketh

Noob
I am thinking that it would be tight if the whole vegas crew, socal crew, norcal crew, and zona guys and etc. could go up there so we could have a big West Coast event. I should probably create a PM for that and see what happens.
Get dem boys up here, we need an event other than SCR on the WC that treats other games right.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I didnt like it. Dlc chars stayed OP and previous top tiers got nerfed too hard.

I just hope that Nrs supports MKX longer than 6months, and takes it slower with the patching much like DH did with KI3!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@Slips I still feel way too many unnecessary patches happened for mk9 and injustice (sub zero getting his reset nerfed, jade getting her up 3 nerfed, ermac getting his push nerfed, ares getting his reset taken away, Scorpion getting KILLED, DS I still dnt think deserved low gun shot nerfs but I could care less who agrees with me haha and etc.). I think the only things that deserve patches are infinites and glitches, otherwise we should see if we can find away around something for at least the first 6 months. I know ppl are going to say (oh pre patch adam was too good and blah blah blah etc.) but was he actually "broke"? I say no and I am willing to stick by that opinion no matter what. Even I have caught myself saying the word "broke" but tbh I shouldn't be throwing that word around like that because most of the time, ppl call something "broke" because it is very good but not anywhere near game breaking or what not.
Have you always not been a proponent of post patch Deathstroke? What has changed your mind?

In my opinion, the chip damage on the low gunshots had to be reduced to its current state, but the 10+ frames of added recovery were unnecessary.

You are right, though. Pre-patch Black Adam was no more and no less "broken" than Batgirl and Martian Manhunter. Possibly Aquaman, Flash, and Zod too. In fact, Batgirl and Martian Manhunter might have been better.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Can I say that Sonicfox is probably the best NRS player in the world right now and the best IGAU player of all time....while also saying that Batgirl's vortex is absolute bullshit and it kills me to see players wiped out because they guess wrong twice?

or do I have to choose between being made of pure salt, calling people 'fool' like a knock off Mr.T and believe Fox is barely better than a scrub......or thinking Fox is the second coming of Christ?

Get dem boys up here, we need an event other than SCR on the WC that treats other games right.
I hear ya, we could get something special going if we do things right. Tbh, I do want another tournament other than SCR and EVO on the west coast to go to so NWM would be a good thing to build up and it'd build its reputation as well so we could get others to come to it outside the west coast.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
As a game overall it's ok. I like the fact it has a dumb character that has a dumbed up design, but isn't overwhelaming overall. On the other hand you have Batgirl and MMH which are dumb as well, but they are safe on literally anything they have without any risk, and that's an oversight. Which brings me to the next point. NRS left DLC chars unpoliched this time, again. Hope they do otherwise in MKX.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Can I say that Sonicfox is probably the best NRS player in the world right now and the best IGAU player of all time....while also saying that Batgirl's vortex is absolute bullshit and it kills me to see players wiped out because they guess wrong twice?

or do I have to choose between being made of pure salt, calling people 'fool' like a knock off Mr.T and believe Fox is barely better than a scrub......or thinking Fox is the second coming of Christ?
You can say it it doesn't mean it's accurate lol. Imo Reo is the best Nrs player.

I felt injustice was a good game, and served as a litmus test for mechanics for MKX as well as establishing a new franchise which, sales wise, was a success.

I think for many initially it was too much of a drastic change from mk9, so I can't blame players for not liking it. We went from one game, which has fast walk speed, dash-canceling, a block-botton, similar jump-in attacks, good anti-airs, and overall good poking tools to another, which had large hitbox jump-in attacks (and also variable jump in attacks), strong vortex characters, b2b, slow walk speed, not as strong anti-air game, and lack of good normals for a good section of the cast.

The patch worked wonders though, and I the game wouldn't have seen Evo 2014 if it weren't for 1.06. Mr. Wizard even stated that viewing NEC was the primary reason he put the game in for a second year.

Surprisingly, even though I played Tekken, KOF, and MK9 this is the first fighting game I've really tried to understand how it works (especially the neutral aspects of fighting games) and my knowledge of fighting games has increased immensely because of it. The game was different, and I accepted it for what it was. I will still be playing it for a while, don't plan on dropping it until I transfer for college. Same goes for the other fighting games I play as well.

I will say I would have liked to see what the level of play could have looked like for injustice 2 to 3 years down the road. I felt the level of play for MK9 really peaked in early 2013 but was cut short, especially the DJT vs. REO match (personally one of the best display of footsies in MK9's lifespan). I feel injustice hasn't been explored fully in some aspects, especially when it comes to stuffing dash-ins, MBDC (FADC) to close down space, and potential uses for bounce cancels, trip guarding, and knowing the specific ranges for anti-airs. The game I feel still has a lot of growth for it, but at this point I can't see it growing any further due to MKX.

To sum up, good game for me, looking forward to what the future holds for NRS and this franchise. Injustice brought in a lot of new faces to our community who previously never new about the competitive scene. To me, I see that as a success, not a failure. :)