What's new

What is the legacy that Injustice: GAU leaves behind?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Was definitely more polished but Ino it's core mechanics are worse than mk9.. Movement is clunky and awkward. Also 50/50 fest is dumb.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't disagree with the rest of your post but are you referring to Scorpion here? Because if so, nobody complained because he was A) ass outside of his vortex and b) his vortex was full combo punishable if you guessed right.
But I have lost in tournament guessing wrong every time lol.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Also 50/50 fest is dumb.
Can you admit that this ignorant community supports safe and meterless 50/50 mix ups that loop?

Remember how much hatred Relaxed State received for locking down Revolver? Yet he was never close to winning a major tournament. Pig of the Hut was called Back dash of the Hut after last year's Evolution. Sonic Fox, on the other hand, is declared a fighting game God.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
You do not understand because you do not read.

From the first post in this thread...
this didnt say anything about freddys standing fullscreen frame traps (not instant airs) or interactable free dmg pretty sure thats not a teleport so maybe i didn't read :O?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Can you admit that this ignorant community supports safe and meterless 50/50 mix ups that loop?

Remember how much hatred Relaxed State received for locking down Revolver? Yet he was never close to winning a major tournament. Pig of the Hut was called Back dash of the Hut after last year's Evolution. Sonic Fox, on the other hand, is declared a fighting game God.
Safe meterless 50/50 mixups that loop O_O zod when he has trait f*****g you in the ass?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
on that we agree,

A bottom 5 character possessed a meterless 50/50 vortex in MK. Wheres the complaining?

The last round bee was clearly mentally gone. I pointed out a point that literally was if he was right in his read he would be champion. No "vortex" included. It was down to a read. Adapt guys.

Did you know every single time a character like Ares touches you EVER he can 50/50 you off of 1 normal every time? for free? into half like every time?

nah hes trash ;]

try playing against Ibuki at the highest level "shrugs"

I guess I will make my point to replying to this thread at all, If fox wasn't playing injustice, what would this thread look like? lol
Dude.. Did you really just compare scorpions vortex to the bs in injustice? Cmon you're better than that.. First off it scorpions vortex was not as damaging as those in injustice. Also both options we're extremely unsafe and eaaaasily punishable not like in injustice where some 50/50 options are even plus. Finally the overhead is 18 frame so its just like mmh overhead and fuzzyguardable

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

I'm going to get a lot of slack for saying this but pretty much the only people defending this games flawed 50/50 mechanics, are those whos this was their first fighting game or ateast first nrs game

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Injustice was better in a technical sense compared to MK9, imo. However, MK9 was a lot more fun though. Not only the game, but the community was more enjoyable during MK9. I didn't stick with either game, I just wasn't passionate enough to bother even playing online after awhile. I actually went into Injustice hard for about a month, was even on Art's stream beasting with my Ares in front of 2k+ viewers. But once I get bored of a game, especially a game I don't think is very good, it feels like a chore to even load the game up.

Instead of hashing out my feelings towards Injustice and everything involved with it, I'm going to look forward to MKX. We have a chance to do it better than we ever have. We have a chance to make our community the strongest in the FGC. We can have legit in game rivalries again, not personal rivalries that spill over into real life. We don't need unnecessary pointless drama that feels fake, forced, or too personal. We can all have fun playing MK again with legit conflicts and hype. I feel like we had to get through the MK9 and Injustice era to get where we are now. Those were just scrimmages... MKX is GAMETIME!

What was this thread about again? Kinda zoned out there...

Deathstroke's low gunshots are still good, they're just not stupid now. My opinions on Scorpion came after watching REO on a 995Phil stream forever ago, which was offline play.
something being "stupid" is just an idea tbh. I honestly feel ppl just hated that someone had good "zoning" so they said it was broke when in the pre patch form of injustice low guns weren't even close to the most powerful things during that version of the game.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
in response to the op

From my standpoint:
I love this game a lot, i'll probably love this game for years and years to come. It's the first game i actually got good at and i'm very proud of the skill i achieved in the game. Playing this game also helped me go back to other games and play them better than I did at first.

from a fighting game player perspective:
ok so I was talking about this with my local scene (people who either tried or didn't play injustice) and i was telling them about the really stupid stuff in the game pertaining to characters, strings, etc. As they flip out and stuff I start thinking wow this game does seem kinda ridiculous. While its still a fun game it is really 50/50 heavy. The difference between them is some characters get more off a 50/50 than others and thats what separates most characters. Thats not a reason to think its a bad game at all. Injustice is more like an acquired taste, some people like it and some people don't.

tl:dr injustice will always be injustice:DOGE

ando1184

Noob
I'm still waiting on injustice 2. By then they would have hopefully, learned from past experiences and actually have a more balanced game. Injustice still has bugs and glitches that break parts of the game. NRS needs to stop abandoning their games after dlc drops. That's the real issue honestly. The legacy part of these games seems more towards NRS than the individual games themselves.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I was never a big Injustice fan despite how hard I tried to like game. I just never got into it the way I did with Mk9. I played Mk9 way more than Injustice, and that was during Injustice's prime. So glad Mkx is coming out. The community was a lot more fun and lot more interesting durning Mk9's prime. Here's to many more Tom Brady drunken tirades at gas stations.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm still waiting on injustice 2. By then they would have hopefully, learned from past experiences and actually have a more balanced game. Injustice still has bugs and glitches that break parts of the game. NRS needs to stop abandoning their games after dlc drops. That's the real issue honestly. The legacy part of these games seems more towards NRS than the individual games themselves.
That I agree with. Im sure its more complicated than we believe, but supporting the game longer than 6 months would go a long way. SFIV had support after 6 years.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I was never a big Injustice fan despite how hard I tried to like game. I just never got into it the way I did with Mk9. I played Mk9 way more than Injustice, and that was during Injustice's prime. So glad Mkx is coming out. The community was a lot more fun and lot more interesting durning Mk9's prime. Here's to many more Tom Brady drunken tirades at gas stations.
I highly doubt the same shenanigans will happen with MKX.

Injustice wasn't my first fighting game but it is my first tournament fighting game and i did enjoy it and still do.

In terms of character balance and variety at the highest level, injustice is more balanced thn mk9.

My only problem with injustice is the easy offense that some characters have (NW included).

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Injustice was better in a technical sense compared to MK9, imo. However, MK9 was a lot more fun though. Not only the game, but the community was more enjoyable during MK9. I didn't stick with either game, I just wasn't passionate enough to bother even playing online after awhile. I actually went into Injustice hard for about a month, was even on Art's stream beasting with my Ares in front of 2k+ viewers. But once I get bored of a game, especially a game I don't think is very good, it feels like a chore to even load the game up.

Instead of hashing out my feelings towards Injustice and everything involved with it, I'm going to look forward to MKX. We have a chance to do it better than we ever have. We have a chance to make our community the strongest in the FGC. We can have legit in game rivalries again, not personal rivalries that spill over into real life. We don't need unnecessary pointless drama that feels fake, forced, or too personal. We can all have fun playing MK again with legit conflicts and hype. I feel like we had to get through the MK9 and Injustice era to get where we are now. Those were just scrimmages... MKX is GAMETIME!

What was this thread about again? Kinda zoned out there...
did u play mk9 juggy

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Unfortunately, the game will be remembered for lack of movement, 50/50's, interactables and pre-patch brokenness.

At first, the game was pretty broke. There were a lot of experimental things NRS worked with that took time to balance out. A lot of character traits were broke (Batman, Aquaman, Doomsday, Black Adam), and a lot of interactables were broke (rooftop) and just some character designs in general were broke (Superman, Black Adam, Frost, DS, Aquaman, ect.)

This was a lot wrong with the game at the time, so if people quit during the first few months of the game it was hard to blame them. However, if you stuck with it until the balance patch the game turned out to be pretty good. A lot of the character traits got toned down, the interactables got fixed, the balance got better with character designs.

The biggest complaint now is lack of movement and meterless vortex characters. I think movement will just always be a complaint about the game. Some jumps didn't compliment the dashes, some dashes didn't compliment the jumps and some character's walk speed were just completely impractical. And of course, nobody likes meterless vortexes. (Insert Batgirl/Sinestro hate 'here'.)

There are other issues such as balance and polarized matchups, but these are the nature of fighting games and no fighting game is innocent of these.

If u take interactables out of play, IGAU would be more balanced, not even going to lie. Imagine how much better characters like GL and NW would do with them not in the game? but that would make injustice quite different without a doubt. Would it be a better game like that? that is up to y'all to decide.

@Slips I still feel way too many unnecessary patches happened for mk9 and injustice (sub zero getting his reset nerfed, jade getting her up 3 nerfed, ermac getting his push nerfed, ares getting his reset taken away, Scorpion getting KILLED, DS I still dnt think deserved low gun shot nerfs but I could care less who agrees with me haha and etc.). I think the only things that deserve patches are infinites and glitches, otherwise we should see if we can find away around something for at least the first 6 months. I know ppl are going to say (oh pre patch adam was too good and blah blah blah etc.) but was he actually "broke"? I say no and I am willing to stick by that opinion no matter what. Even I have caught myself saying the word "broke" but tbh I shouldn't be throwing that word around like that because most of the time, ppl call something "broke" because it is very good but not anywhere near game breaking or what not.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
One thing we need to remember is that NRS purposely tried to make Injustice over the top. They could have made it play like MK with comic characters, but they tried something new and I commend them for it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
From a high level Mortal Kombat 9 player who was profoundly involved in the tournament scene to a scrub and ass kisser such as yourself, Sonic Fox was known for the longest time as the player who won major tournaments on the east coast while players like 16 Bit, CD Jr., Dizzy, Maxter, REO, etc. were present at MLG Anaheim, Columbus, and Dallas. The only high level Mortal Kombat 9 player whom Sonic Fox ever beat was 16 Bit. His record against other high level "footsies" players is abysmal. I am not discrediting. I am listing facts.
An intelligent mind would discern the fact that sonic fox was 14 years old at that time, has grown, matured, put aside a number of the habits that kept him from beating better players. He's learned and developed greatly in the last two years.

The current edition of Sonic Fox waltzed back to evo 2014 and handily beat the entire crop of "footsies players" in the MK9 side tourney. Despite not practicing it anymore, Sonic and Dab were displaying some of the best grasp of the game in that tournament by far.

If you really think that the Sonic Fox of 2014/2015 is the same Sonic from 2012, you've not been paying attention :p And you will be in for a big surprise in MKX.