What's new

General/Other - Tempest What +12 Means to Tempest Lao

coolwhip

Noob
That has to be frame perfect. You have a 1 frame gap to do it correctly. If you're off in the slightest, they will armor the first hit and hit you on the second. It's not guaranteed because there's too much room for error. 11 always hits and it's much easier to time.
No, it doesn't have to be frame perfect. You have two frames, and even if you're late you're still hella plus and your opponent has a shorter window to armor out. Nice attempt at a recovery, but you seriously need to understand how frame data works.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Can you get 112124 ex hat 112124 to jail on a crouch blocking cassie in the corner?

Nope! If she crouch blocks all of it, she will armor the high 1 starter. However, this gives you the opening to use B2 if your opponent continues to crouch, or do nothing and bait out armored moves.

No, it doesn't have to be frame perfect. You have two frames, and even if you're late you're still hella plus and your opponent has a shorter window to armor out. Nice attempt at a recovery, but you seriously need to understand how frame data works.
What recovery? Watch the video. I'm obviously not making this up.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
Nope! If she crouch blocks all of it, she will armor the high 1 starter.
Which means you can poke out, the way me and others have been telling you.

I can't believe you seriously came in here acting THAT condescending when you've been so wrong about everything. Good grief.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

I can't believe you seriously came in here acting THAT condescending when you've been so wrong about everything. Good grief.
I haven't been wrong about everything. She has to already be crouching. The way you posted it sounded like you can duck AND poke after blocking 112124 from a standing position. I misunderstood, but you started the whole unnecessary douchebaggery with the "check the frame data, it isn't that hard".

Last edited:

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh

Poking out =/ armored reversal.
Reversals (specials,throws) can be frame perfect pretty easily since there is a reversal buffering window. You can even do it whilst holding block, albeit not being able to do the EX variant of the reversal.

Poking out with a normal, though, is a different story, as I'm sure you already know. You have to let go of block, which takes up 1f for this to happen, thus making the window Lao has a 2 framer, AND being frame perfect with the button press.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
DMS, you made a mistake in reading frame data and have spread misinformation. Please apologize.

Also, just because the F2 needs to be timed correctly for it to be a frame trap doesn't mean it isn't practical. The good players will pick up the timing and will adjust.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Poking out =/ armored reversal.
Reversals (specials,throws) can be frame perfect pretty easily since there is a reversal buffering window. You can even do it whilst holding block, albeit not being able to do the EX variant of the reversal.

Poking out with a normal, though, is a different story, as I'm sure you already know. You have to let go of block, which takes up 1f for this to happen, thus making the window Lao has a 2 framer, AND being frame perfect with the button press.
You can OS the ex variation without unblocking.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Double tapping block, I assume?
Yeah. Input the reversal a few frames before the actual gap and then press block fast enough to block incase the gap wasn't there. That's how you OS armour in case there are any staggers e.g kotal going for a sword special at b1 or b12 instead of b122.

Reactions: JDM

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
@Qwark28 Are you sure that the F2 after EX Hat is two frames? Because I can get the B2, Hat, 44 link 7/10 times on average, but I'm getting bodied by this.

MK_Al

Noob
Lao is still good he just has to commit to stagger mix ups. He still has his trademark design as in he capitalizes on forcing his opponents into making mistakes. I'm sure he can instant dive kick to punish a d1 attempt after 112124 MB Hat spin and convert it into dmg.
Thats seems like a "much risk - no reward" idea; I don't think you can follow up with a combo from a DK at this range, so you either get a wake up game + 5% damage or you eat a full combo punish.

EDIT before even posting: you can follow up the DK with an EX spin in tempest for at least 28% and HKD...