What's new

General/Other - Tempest What +12 Means to Tempest Lao

Banazama

Noob
At this point there is no "best" option to go for after and EX spin. There is no more guaranteed pressure, so learn to read you opponents habits, adjust and punish them accordingly.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Man is this happening to other LAO players? 11214 I do this string on block why can my opponent duck the 4? It's pissing me off to the fullest I thought it jailed on block. Played a liu Devorah and kitana. So far these three can duck the 4.

Man is this happening to other LAO players? 11214 I do this string on block why can my opponent duck the 4? It's pissing me off to the fullest I thought it jailed on block. Played a liu Devorah and kitana. So far these three can duck the 4.
Happens to Tanya and Kano as well. The worst part is that it is not consistent. Sometimes it works sometimes it wiffs.

The string whiffs on a lot of the cast, if you want to get salty try the string on kung jin or reptile.

To get it to not whiff consistently you need to do a run and then do the string. This doesn't solve the problem completely though, because when you are slightly at advantage or when your opponent is at slight disadvantage you will have to do the string without a run to actually make use of those advantage frames. You also have to run a bit more after d4 on hit and waste some of those plus frames for it to not whiff.

I don't know if paulo wants to fix this, but his xray has been whiffing on hit since release and that hasn't been fixed either. You also have people running through the low hat up close or low hat also whiffs when kung lao is cornered and paulo doesn't seem to care about that either. Also don't forget about hat spin into 44 not working off of 11212 and that is another issue that hasn't been addressed. I love the hitboxes in this game.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
What on earth? I haven't had that happen to me yet but Jesus, that top tier programming.

biggabarr

chilling
Opponent still ducks under Kung Lao regular hat call back in hat tricks that is supposed to hit mid, it is inconsistent on hitting mid, and 11212 cancel into hat spin 44 is inconsistent in mid screen the first 4 miss and again his x-ray need to be fix.

Last edited:
all these numbers and hitboxes are confusing me.

1) can i do 112124 ex hat spin
2) if so what are the branches that i can follow that on block with? f2? f2,1? another 112124? throw?
3) is b3,2,1 still an effective frame trap following ex hat spin

just_2swift

all these numbers and hitboxes are confusing me.

1) can i do 112124 ex hat spin
2) if so what are the branches that i can follow that on block with? f2? f2,1? another 112124? throw?
3) is b3,2,1 still an effective frame trap following ex hat spin
For 3 no after ex hat spin they can duck and punish standing 1 that's when f2 comes in only on a hard read.

For 3 no after ex hat spin they can duck and punish standing 1 that's when f2 comes in only on a hard read.
So after i throw ex hat spin, what should I do to follow up?
i'm at 12 frames positive right so, correct me if i'm wrong here

1) I can try a grab (how would i time this so it doesn't whiff )
2) i can throw out a F2 to beat out a low poke
3) if i don't think they are going to poke low or are new to the matchup (like they continue to hold block) then go 112124?
4) just block to bait armor?

just_2swift

So after i throw ex hat spin, what should I do to follow up?
i'm at 12 frames positive right so, correct me if i'm wrong here

1) I can try a grab (how would i time this so it doesn't whiff )
2) i can throw out a F2 to beat out a low poke
3) if i don't think they are going to poke low or are new to the matchup (like they continue to hold block) then go 112124?
4) just block to bait armor?
After hat spin if they are blocking low expect a low poke yes you have to time the grab