What's new

General/Other - Tempest What +12 Means to Tempest Lao

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Surely 112124 ex hat jails into 112124 hat regardless or duck or not.

Similar to how DF Liu kang can do F213 FBC into 113 and you cant duck or backdash or anything.
Same principle that made the 112124 string work before, being in blockstun forces the high to connect. Just now instead of having a 19 frame window, you have a 4 frame window.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You can go for a f21 after a blocked ex hat and that's guaranteed.

No, it's not guaranteed. It has 14 frames of startup and you're only +12. Armor blows this up.

And by the way, 11212 is not guaranteed after ex hat spin since the 1 is a high and can be poked under.
This is incorrect. I just set Cassie to DUCK Powerflip Reversal and she could not crouch after the first rep.

coolwhip

Noob
No, it's not guaranteed. It has 14 frames of startup and you're only +12. Armor blows this up.

This is incorrect. I just set Cassie to DUCK Powerflip Reversal and she could not crouch after the first rep.
F2 is 11 frames, not 14. Armor doesn't blow this up. Just look at the frame data, it's not that hard.

As far as the second part, goes I said you can poke under it, not blow it up with armor. I'm pretty sure Quan can uppercut it. So fast low pokes should be able to interrupt this.

Crathen

Death is my business
Well this kinda changes things , not sure by how much but Tempest now can't just "OS" the armor option when doing EX Hat and still get a guaranteed blockstring.

Like before if Lao did things like b321xxEX Hat into block then used a blockstring like 11212 he had the time to confirm you not using armor and still get the guaranteed blockstring , stuff like 11212xxEX hat or f2xxEX hat were already punishable by decently fast armor options.

D4G

Win At All Cost
Unnecessary shot at the ol GFaqs crew. While there is a lot of BS people actually talk. If you aren't noteworthy on this site you may as well gtfo.
I'll admit it was a pretty dick post, I've got nothing against either site. The guy is obviously inexperienced, I had just gotten tired of hearing the Lao players crying about still being plenty + on block after EX Hat orbit as if it was an end all nerf. That kind of self entitled whining really gets to me.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
F2 is 11 frames, not 14. Armor doesn't blow this up. Just look at the frame data, it's not that hard.
You do realize string frame data is listed differently than poke data, right? You said F21. F21 has 14 frames of startup. F2 has 11. Just look at the frame data, it's not that hard.

As far as the second part, goes I said you can poke under it, not blow it up with armor. I'm pretty sure Quan can uppercut it. So fast low pokes should be able to interrupt this.
This is still wrong. If you do the 11 instantly, you will catch them pressing buttons. You might want to actually test things before posting with such certainty.

Last edited:

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Surely 112124 ex hat jails into 112124 hat regardless or duck or not.

Similar to how DF Liu kang can do F213 FBC into 113 and you cant duck or backdash or anything.
Same principle that made the 112124 string work before, being in blockstun forces the high to connect. Just now instead of having a 19 frame window, you have a 4 frame window.
I think you need to ensure you're blocking low during the string so you're in a crouch state after the hat? Not sure.

Edit: @coolwhip is this how you can low poke out of another 112124 when at -12?

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I think you need to ensure you're blocking low during the string so you're in a crouch state after the hat? Not sure.
And if anyone blocks low against Lao, they're asking for a B2. The removal of pressure only creates more mind games.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You do realize string frame data is different than poke data, right? You said F21. F21 has 14 frames of startup. F2 has 11. Just look at the frame data, it's not that hard.

This is still wrong. If you do the 11 instantly, you will catch them pressing buttons. You might want to actually test things before posting with such certainty.
Doing F21 doesn't change the initial F2 having 11 frame startup dude lol..... the 14 number refers to how long it takes for the 1 to come out after F2.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Wait what? If I'm at +12, and my f2 has 11 frames of start-up, then my f2 is guaranteed. f21 being 14 frames means the second hit of f2(1) comes out on the 14th frame.
And if someone uses a fast enough armored move, it eats the F2 and hits you before the 1 comes out.

coolwhip

Noob
And if someone uses a fast enough armored move, it eats the F2 and hits you before the 1 comes out.
And FYI, Sonic Fox and MIT are also saying you can poke out. Now granted, I might be a tad late when doing my 11 follow up so I'll test it further, and they could be wrong as we, but please be less of a condescending douche when you've made yourself look like you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and have no idea how frame data works.

In before you delete your posts in this thread.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Lao is still good he just has to commit to stagger mix ups. He still has his trademark design as in he capitalizes on forcing his opponents into making mistakes. I'm sure he can instant dive kick to punish a d1 attempt after 112124 MB Hat spin and convert it into dmg.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Omg stop. What the fuck? The armor won't activate. You are at +12. Your f2 is 11 frames. The move will hit them if they're trying to do anything but block. Jesus, are you that terrible at math?

That has to be frame perfect. You have a 1 frame gap to do it correctly. If you're off in the slightest, they will armor the first hit and hit you on the second. It's not guaranteed because there's too much room for error. 11 always hits and it's much easier to time.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You can go for a f21 after a blocked ex hat and that's guaranteed.

And by the way, 11212 is not guaranteed after ex hat spin since the 1 is a high and can be poked under.
Wait does 1 not jail if you time it right like other frame traps?
Scorps 2 was also a high and that jailed?

Or maybe it is like Cage's where if the opponent blocks the last hit crouching it no longer jails

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
And FYI, Sonic Fox and MIT are also saying you can poke out. Now granted, I might be a tad late when doing my 11 follow up so I'll test it further, and they could be wrong as we, but please be less of a condescending douche when you've made yourself look like you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and have no idea how frame data works.
Except that I'm actually testing this out and Cassie's Powerflip is blowing up F2 constantly. That 1 frame gap is too strict for it to be considered reliable against quick armored attacks like that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Except that I'm actually testing this out and Cassie's Powerflip is blowing up F2 constantly. That 1 frame gap is too strict for it to be considered reliable against quick armored attacks like that.
2f. You calculate both the 11th ( just frame ) and the 12th.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Either way, all I know for a fact is I'm getting hit consistently by the Powerflip while going for F2 after EX Hat. Try it yourself since you could get Superman's F23>B3 consistently.

Can you get 112124 ex hat(RC) 112124 to jail on a crouch blocking cassie in the corner?