What's new

General/Other - Tempest What +12 Means to Tempest Lao

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

RIP EX Hat pressure. This can now be avoided completely by duck blocking and poking. However, if your opponent stand blocks, they are jailed. The only string you can do after a stand blocked EX hat is 112124 into another EX Hat since it has 7 frames of startup. If you pause for any reason, your opponent can armor out.

Edit: We have found inconsistencies in hitboxes that makes some characters crouch block it while it whiffs on others. Further testing is required, but all you really need to know is that Tempest Lao is still really good.

Last edited:

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Do it faster. It should be a true block string. You have a 4 frame link to jail completely now. If you miss that window, they'll be able to neutral crouch and make the first hit whiff. This has been addressed in other threads as well.

YoShadowFiend

"I will not be so passive, in your demise."
What if they begin crouching as soon as the string starts; how would they be able put me in standing when i was in crouch from the beginning?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
What if they begin crouching as soon as the string starts; how would they be able put me in standing when i was in crouch from the beginning?
They could crouch to dodge the string before the patch. It's just that nobody bothered to do that because in Tempest Lao only has 3 low hits; which only made the blockstring seem stronger than it was.

You have to do the blockstring with better timming otherwise it seems it doesn't work. Basically, all this patch did was to get rid of Tempest bandwagoners.

YoShadowFiend

They could crouch to dodge the string before the patch. It's just that nobody bother to do that because in Tempest Lao only has 3 low hits; which only made the blockstring seem stronger than it was.
wait.. so you mean to tell me this is old?! that we been sitting here letting people get away this?!

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
wait.. so you mean to tell me this is old?! that we been sitting here letting people get away this?!
At least with many characters it was possible to make the first hit of 112124 to whiff by crouching. Can't tell you exactly what characters because it is cumbersome to find out whose hitbox shrinks when crouching.

The same thing happens with Erron Black, too often they let themselves be bullied by 21122; probably because of the fear to f13.

YoShadowFiend

At least with many characters it was possible to make the first hit of 112124 to whiff by crouching. Can't tell you exactly what characters because it is cumbersome to find out whose hitbox shrinks when crouching.
wanna know what's weird? tried it with kjin and the last hit of the 4 whiffed entirely when i was crouching!

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
wanna know what's weird? tried it with kjin and the last hit of the 4 whiffed entirely when i was crouching!
That happens as well against KJ, Reptile, and most if not all females. This is common in NRS games, it is extremely annoying, but seems to be a "feature" of their games.

coolwhip

Noob

The same thing happens with Erron Black, too often they let themselves be bullied by 21122; probably because of the fear to f13.
It's not about that, you have to be neutral crouching to make the first hit whiff, and it's not like you can punish it on reaction. You basically have to be neutral crouching and mashing a poke/uppercut. It's not like you netural crouch, see the hit whiff, then full combo or interrupt or whatever, because by then the second hit would have made contact with you.

So yeah, people weren't doing this because that means you're letting go of block and it's risky.

Anyway, if people want to try to interrupt this by all means, mix up your pressure and go for b321 after a 112124~ex hat spin. If they're trying to interrupt they'll eat the hit and you can confirm it into a full combo.

Of course they could try to armor as well but then that's also risky because if you do decide to do another 112124 they'll get hit.

So this is less autopilot but actually opens up more possibilities, which is fine by me.

coolwhip

Noob
then what?since you can't f12 OH,IT IT'S POINTLESS!
It's f21 not f12.

Uh, guys, welcome to fighting games. Not everything has to be a win-win situation for it not to be pointless. It's not pointless at all because it covers all options if you read that your opponent will try to press buttons. Whether he's mashing a poke/uppercut or armor, the f2 will beat him.

Last edited:
I can see Kung Lao been targeted by cry babies who get what they want, nrs is going to nerf him to the ground cause ppl know about him, he will be bottom 2 by tremor reliece, just you watch, nrs fix his 112124 string on input too hard on pads and leave him bee.
Try pressing 11 then slide your thumb over the buttons for the 212 part, I get it like 99% of the time