What's new

UMK2 hacker WILL be working on UMK3! discussions inside?

nwo

Noob
After double checking, I must've been thinking of another morph input or something else Kano has. Anything spring to mind either way?
I always had a hard time morphing into Kano with Shang on pad. Not a problem on stick, and Kano is fine the way he is.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think of krusty the clown at times when I hear that voice sample.

now that I've gotten better at the Golden punches, and how to counter them, it's not so bad.

Definitely agree on start up on classic sub's freeze

And although I think it's cool we could call on Robo smoke to take an oncoming asteroid out of orbit for us with that air throw, I don't think he needs to have that crazy priority in the game.
lol Krusty haha.

I think for Scorp Boon just wanted to not OP Scorp for once haha, make his fans work with him in UMK3. MK 4 he was boss.

nerf kabal dammit
FTFY

No but really, I don't think any characters need nerfed by way of altering move sets or combo damage.
Adjusting frame recovery, eliminating/changing glitch jabs, eliminating jab lock downs...that nerfs everyone, but really weakens characters like NW and kabal.

Certain characters definitely need combo/special buffs.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I always had a hard time morphing into Kano with Shang on pad. Not a problem on stick, and Kano is fine the way he is.
That could be it. I've definitely noticed some inputs are more consistent with some controllers more than others.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I don't mean like from a technical or programming standpoint of the game, I mean the controllers themselves and I can see why it wouldn't feel as cumbersome on an actual cabinet.
I mean that Shang can't morph into Kano on UMK3. There's no programming for it. It doesn't exist. That's what I meant by "video or it didn't happen." Don't fall victim to the trolling.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I mean that Shang can't morph into Kano on UMK3. There's no programming for it. It doesn't exist. That's what I meant by "video or it didn't happen."
In case you're not joking. Here....

Edit: Oops no sound, ill re-upload with sound.
Oh, come on. I was just trying to have some fun. I was going to quote NW's Friendship next "I've never seen a Kano Transformation."

STRYKIE

I mean that Shang can't morph into Kano on UMK3. There's no programming for it. It doesn't exist. That's what I meant by "video or it didn't happen." Don't fall victim to the trolling.
Oh. I'm all for dry humor in the real but it gets a bit sketchy on forums :(

Mgo

Noob
I understood everything but this
I meant the 2vs2 glitch when you throw a dead body it take damages to the incoming character. Also should be awesome do a kaillera 4 players hack like "King of Fighters 2002 (bootleg) (1-6 players for kaillera)"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
At this point I really don't care what they do, as long as the core gameplay stays the same. A "different" UMK3 could be awesome, fun, and refreshing. Eventhough I've been an advocate of Kara and Block Jabs, I honestly wouldn't mind them somehow removing the mechanic entirely.

As far as balance changes, you don't need to do a whole lot to honestly make this a well balanced fighter. Aside from a handfull of characters, the game is already pretty well rounded as far as character balance is concerned.

This is some of the stuff I would nerf, buff, or change/add.

Nerfs:

Overall: Reduce overall damage output by 25%. Or, give all characters 25% more health.

Kabal
- Increase the start-up frames for his spin. (make is slower)
- Reduce walk speed by 5%
- Reduce priority on his jabs
- Increase damage reduction on successive hits after the spin (after you land a spin, a 20% combo would only do 10 or 15%, something like that)

Human Smoke
- Decrease damage output by 20%
- Reduce walk speed by 10%
- Increase start-up frames on his teleport.

Ermac
- Decrease damage output by 15%
- Increase start-up frames on his teleport
- Increase damage reduction on successive hits after a TKS

Kitana
- Increase recovery frames after an air fan, instant or otherwise.

I have a lot more nerfs, buffs, changes etc, but I'll list them later. But other than these, I'd rather see buffs than nerfs. Buff the low tier, and slightly nerf the top tier.

nwo

Noob
Kabal
His jabs have priority because they are short and fast. Other characters like Female Ninjas and Lao have slightly slower but more lengthy jabs, which I believe give them a higher throw priority.

Question: If jabs are cancelled are they all the same speed?

Last edited:
Nerfs:

Overall: Reduce overall damage output by 25%. Or, give all characters 25% more health.
Give everyone boss damage (133%)? That sounds like a possibility. Of course, it would also negate everything I'm about to say...

Can we talk about Noob for a minute?
I know in some tournament's he's been banned, others he's allowed but no one really plays as him.

I think any update/balance hack should give him his wavenet moveset - IE, the teleport punch. Why? Yes, he's fast. Yes, he takes boss damage. Yeah, he has 2, 3, and 4 hit popups. But he has no specials. Scorpion/Human Smoke have spears and, with great timing, air throws to extend or add damage to the back end of combos after the teleport punch. Ermac has the teleport slam and fireball to extend combos.
With Noob, the only use for the TP would be to evade pressure, provide a nice anti-air against backward-jumpy players (watch me play my pathetic excuse for a Kitana and you'll know what I mean), and add a couple hits when well timed to the end of a combo. You could even disable his teleport after 3 hits instead of 4 to nerf his combo strings.
But without a COMPLETE moveset, he needs some of those advantages - the extra health, or the boosted walking speed, helpful to apply pressure or get extra hits after popups.
Nerfing his health bar/buffing everyone else's and giving him a teleport I think would still only put him middle of the pack at best. But, leave him as is, even without a teleport, he's capable of 50% damage combos with the right setup. But life would suck once pressure got applied to him.

At this point I really don't care what they do, as long as the core gameplay stays the same. A "different" UMK3 could be awesome, fun, and refreshing. Eventhough I've been an advocate of Kara and Block Jabs, I honestly wouldn't mind them somehow removing the mechanic entirely.

As far as balance changes, you don't need to do a whole lot to honestly make this a well balanced fighter. Aside from a handfull of characters, the game is already pretty well rounded as far as character balance is concerned.

This is some of the stuff I would nerf, buff, or change/add.

Nerfs:

Kabal
- Increase the start-up frames for his spin. (make is slower)
- Increase damage reduction on successive hits after the spin (after you land a spin, a 20% combo would only do 10 or 15%, something like that)

Human Smoke
- Decrease damage output by 20%
- Reduce walk speed by 10%
- Increase start-up frames on his teleport.

Ermac
- Decrease damage output by 15%
- Increase start-up frames on his teleport
- Increase damage reduction on successive hits after a TKS

Kitana
- Increase recovery frames after an air fan, instant or otherwise.

I have a lot more nerfs, buffs, changes etc, but I'll list them later. But other than these, I'd rather see buffs than nerfs. Buff the low tier, and slightly nerf the top tier.
i fucking liek this

Also, fixing Scorpion's "Get Over H-" problem would be good too. We all know when the spear hits the opponent, the sound effect cuts off Scorpion's "Get Over Here!"
I was playing around in Mame and decided to go into the DIP switch menu… I turned the blood off, and his screams work perfectly now. Maybe it's not the spear hitting the opponent, but the blood splatter sound. Normal attacks that spill blood don't have a sound effect, but specials that spill blood do

umk_p1

Noob
i hope this so called balanced edition will never become a tournament standart, and i invoke not even mention the TE (tournament edition) suffix.
I have to blame ppl's laziness in creating this kind of lame edition, because nobody wants to put real effort and time into studying the game and learning to play. Nothing personal, but i think the only reasonable suggestion were from the guys from south america, and we all know those are and always were a few steps ahead of the rest of rhe world in umk3... and still seems like nobody pays any attention to ones, that are more competent..
If someone want to create a user friendly non-hardcore but very casual game, then ok, nothing wrong with it, and im sure it will die out like every other modern casual fighting game, most probably it's lifespan will be even shorter.

Mb you will ask me "what the hell do you want then?"
What i want (as an at least OK UMK3 player who cares about umk3):
If u have found such a talented and smart guy, who can adjust the game (and willing us to suggest), please use his skills as rationall as it is possible, think not twice,but 10 times more, maybe we could not just balance the game, but create something much more greater and fun, than this lame-ass nerf fest umk.
Everyone have to stop blaming the game and admit,that they suck at it, if the only way to start winning is to drastically change the game by laming it, making it safe, slow and predictable.
If any one think im wrong, just look at ultra street fighter 4, the most popular fighting game in the world right now, and what Capcom did to sf4? they always adding stuff, characters, maps, ultras, red focus, at last iteration they buffed every chatacter, that is the only right way to success, not dumbing everything down.

From mother russia with respect to nwo, shock, ninjagrinder, hanzo...

Um, I think we're talking balancing. Sometimes balancing includes buffing and nerfing.

I had this great idea yesterday, when I was thinking about it. Let's just make Noob a UMK3 Chameleon. None of the ninja moves "conflict" with each other - they're all unique button presses, and common moves (teleports, spears, slides) all have the same button presses so there's no conflicting. In fact, I think the only combo that would have to be removed is either Reptile's or C-Sub's pop up, since C-Sub's has an extra d+HP on the end. All ninja moves, all the time, no worrying about what color the palette changes to! LOL

STRYKIE

i hope this so called balanced edition will never become a tournament standart, and i invoke not even mention the TE (tournament edition) suffix.
I have to blame ppl's laziness in creating this kind of lame edition, because nobody wants to put real effort and time into studying the game and learning to play. Nothing personal, but i think the only reasonable suggestion were from the guys from south america, and we all know those are and always were a few steps ahead of the rest of rhe world in umk3... and still seems like nobody pays any attention to ones, that are more competent..
If someone want to create a user friendly non-hardcore but very casual game, then ok, nothing wrong with it, and im sure it will die out like every other modern casual fighting game, most probably it's lifespan will be even shorter.

Mb you will ask me "what the hell do you want then?"
What i want (as an at least OK UMK3 player who cares about umk3):
If u have found such a talented and smart guy, who can adjust the game (and willing us to suggest), please use his skills as rationall as it is possible, think not twice,but 10 times more, maybe we could not just balance the game, but create something much more greater and fun, than this lame-ass nerf fest umk.
Everyone have to stop blaming the game and admit,that they suck at it, if the only way to start winning is to drastically change the game by laming it, making it safe, slow and predictable.
If any one think im wrong, just look at ultra street fighter 4, the most popular fighting game in the world right now, and what Capcom did to sf4? they always adding stuff, characters, maps, ultras, red focus, at last iteration they buffed every chatacter, that is the only right way to success, not dumbing everything down.

From mother russia with respect to nwo, shock, ninjagrinder, hanzo...
1) I'm pretty sure all of those guys you gave your regards to approve of this endeavor.

2) A re-tweaked game will only promote the idea of weeding out the frauds. If they still fall short, they only have themselves to blame.

3) The whole argument of why would we play a watered down, less frantic revision is oxymoronic in itself, if that's the case, why does MKT take the backseat to UMK? Lol.

Realistically, I'm sure the hacker already has his own vision set out, and I won't deny that some of the suggestions here are a pipe dream, I'm personally going by the most notable changes in UMK2 (which, for the record, has only kept receiving unanimous praise) and how they could feasibly come into play in the MK3 series meta.