What's new

UMK2 hacker WILL be working on UMK3! discussions inside?

deady

Noob
like said before the original game will always be there, and for me umk3 has always been good enough but the idea of possibly making my favorite fighter even better definitely sparks my interest but i wouldnt want to see too much of the actual game play changed. corner jabs definitely gotta go thats for sure.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'd like the damage protection for Liu Kang's pop up to be reasonable...
Liu's pop up combo, JK, fireball, Dragon Kick should do at least 1% more than his 7 hit 29% combo. Right now, after his pop up, the JK, FB, DK does just less than 10%. If it did ~20% like it would on regular DP, then the full combo would do about 35% so that would be worth doing above the ground combo. Right now, that combo is merely there as an option to finish a combo while charging the Bike Kick, so this way you can do something without releasing.

HP, HP = 19p/11.5%
HP, HP, B+LP = 22p/13.25%

After that a JK does 6p/3.5%, as opposed to 13p/8% so that has always appeared to us as "double" damage protection. For whatever reason they decided that the uppercut in Liu's pop up needed to activate 2x the damage protection. I'm not sure if this also applied to his pop up hit as well or if they just decided to make it do next to no damage, but it's similar to Kabal, where his 3 hit pop up also does ~13% and all other 3 hit pop ups for other characters do between 16% and 19%. This to me suggests that they knew about the corner fireball juggles which for Kabal result in over 50% with relative ease and over 60% with some effort. However, for Liu Kang, the exact same combo does a measely 32%.

What I have determined, is after Liu's pop up, 3X JK, AFB in the corner does ~20%. Kabal's post pop up damage is about 43%. Giving Liu back the full damage would be an interesting test that I would like to see if it'd give him a boost. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the first major changes we see to the character.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
What's the point of having Human Smoke if you're going to give Scorp a pop up? forward teleport would be nice

I also agree, rather than nerfing top tiers, buffing some low tiers would make the game more interesting.

And this is coming from someone who will always play the original. But of course playing a different version (for fun) would be nice. And the hacker has also my respect and appreciation, for his dedication and hard work.

What's the point of having Human Smoke if you're going to give Scorp a pop up? forward teleport would be nice

I also agree, rather than nerfing top tiers, buffing some low tiers would make the game more interesting.

And this is coming from someone who will always play the original. But of course playing a different version (for fun) would be nice. And the hacker has also my respect and appreciation, for his dedication and hard work.
Faster waking speed, some different combos. Whatever the case, scorpion needs buffed somehow. Ermac and smoke have no delay pop ups, sub and reptile have delays, reptile has a longer delay on his pop up. Just give him something :) let him do a little more damage.
Forward teleport would be awesome

RoGE

Noob
How about improving some of the normals like in the N64 version? Even though that port is bad, I like how it was not as jab heavy as the original game.

Would increasing the gameplay speed to 60 fps also be possible?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Ok fix the broken jabs. Please add trilogy moves like scorpions forward teleport and a few other's.

I would love if classic sub zero from umk had the trilogy n64 move set.

I know what I want but no one would want this. Give subzero his mk3 ice clone but allow a player to be able to still jump in and block so it doesn't catch him. Shit I want it to be like mk3 that shit was funny as hell with his corner game .

Seriously though I am very hyped for this update. Thanks to who ever is doing this.

Edit: and if anyone needs someone to test please dm me I feel I am an OG in Mk3/umk/mkt and would never leak the rom.sorry I had to fish for that patch heh

Mgo

Noob
What comes to my mind now:

Reduce some Ermac damage combos
Increase Liu Kang Damage pop up
Take out Kung Lao spin infinite, Nightwolf corner infinite, Stryker
Fix Stryker miss on rushdowns
Add Bank Stage
Quit Noob from Juggs Hack
Fix H.Smoke/Scorp Scream
Reduce levitate fan trick
Upgrade Shang HK , time morphs.
Sektor P2 missil glitch
throw char1 when is dead take damage to char2

And i would love to add more complex fatalities, for example Ermac/H.smoke fatality to take more heads like cage in MK1.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Shang should get a morph command for Robo Smoke. And ideally for Human Smoke and Noob (assuming he's made playable like in the Juggernautz hack) as well.
Goes without saying but yeah. I always found it kinda funny how they bothered to give a last minute character like Ermac a morph input but they managed to forget about Robo Smoke for 2 revisions in a row. LOL.

Also, am I the only one who finds Kano's morph input awkward?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
GET RID OF THE GLITCH JABBING PLEASE....make it more like Trilogy's system where you can actually get out of some traps. Glitch jabbing might be a part of high level play, but it totally killed the game for me because it is simply not fun to play at a high level. The game is so much fun on a casual level though which is a shame.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Well, I'm sure his damage will be nerfed but Kara jabs are this really annoying tech where you can punch and block essentially at the same time
lol I understand the mechanics of the game. I am just trolling you because I play Smoke in MK9. No nerfs for Smoke in any game should be allowed.