What's new

UMK2 hacker WILL be working on UMK3! discussions inside?

What comes to my mind now:

Reduce some Ermac damage combos
Increase Liu Kang Damage pop up
Take out Kung Lao spin infinite, Nightwolf corner infinite, Stryker
Fix Stryker miss on rushdowns
Add Bank Stage
Quit Noob from Juggs Hack
Fix H.Smoke/Scorp Scream
Reduce levitate fan trick
Upgrade Shang HK , time morphs.
Sektor P2 missil glitch
throw char1 when is dead take damage to char2

And i would love to add more complex fatalities, for example Ermac/H.smoke fatality to take more heads like cage in MK1.
I think this accurately sums up my feelings! Ive been playing a lot on mame lately, and these are the things that really unbalance the game for me. I don't think it's so much a case of top tier characters being OP, but of the lower tier characters simply not being good enough. A few touches here and there would just make the game play more the way it was meant to. Too many random whiffs on ground combos which can lead to a serious punishment for not really making a mistake.

Also Kara jabs may be annoying to some players, but they're one of the first things I learned from reading various guides. Just learn how to do them. They take the game to a new level.

nwo

Noob
I think improving low tiers is the way to go. I've been working on my Cyrax lately and here's one that (obviously) came to mind..

Allow Cyrax to recover faster after releasing a net.

I think improving low tiers is the way to go. I've been working on my Cyrax lately and here's one that (obviously) came to mind..

Allow Cyrax to recover faster after releasing a net.
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. The hit box on that thing is pretty huge. Plus it kinda has armour.

nwo

Noob
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. The hit box on that thing is pretty huge. Plus it kinda has armour.
You're saying the net projectile is pretty huge? I realize that, but it's so easy to jump over and punish though, you're left wide open for what feels like forever.

You're saying the net projectile is pretty huge? I realize that, but it's so easy to jump over and punish though, you're left wide open for what feels like forever.
To be fair I never really use cyrax, so I can't really comment. But it doesnt seem any worse than a normal containment to me. Most of the time it catches me if I try to jump over it! Depends on the spacing al lot I think.

I still don't think I'd put it on my list of priorities for this patch though :p

after watching the demo this weekend (awesome, by the way), For whatever reason I have to wonder...
Are there any unused sprites or animations, like what was discovered in MK2? Maybe a 2nd fatality for Human Smoke or Classic Sub?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Kombat Network footage of the UMK3:TE demo (@Shock vs @R.E.O.) starts at the 2 hour mark:

What changes do you see? List them and be specific! TEST YOUR SIGHT (and game knowledge)
I was always a casual umk3 player when I was younger, but I loved the game... could you always link that Scorpion string into spear?? The one at like 2:05:35?

Ice does chip damage.
Ice can be thrown when ice clone and puddle are on the ground.
Did Classic Sub's Ice startup time get reduced???

New auto combos for Scorp, Kitana, Jade.
Classic Sub's pop up combo recovery time reduced

I see a lot more but I don't wanna ruin it for everyone :)