What's new

The Walking Dead Season 5

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yup. Plus Tyreese lied to Carol about killing the dude in the cabin, for whom we saw through Bob's burry vision.

Why was Bob crying before he got jumped? Bit?
Yea I assume he was bit as well, there was no way he wasn't bit after being pulled underwater. I am disappointed in Tyrese

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Yup. Plus Tyreese lied to Carol about killing the dude in the cabin, for whom we saw through Bob's burry vision.

I think he got bit in the leg they ate. I feel he will live because of this. If not, maybe he was crying about hiding his past alcoholism from Shasta? Idk.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
They better be using Bob to recreate Dale's comic death. Such badassery should not have gone changed, and though Bob us a far lesser character, it's still gotta happen.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
They better be using Bob to recreate Dale's comic death. Such badassery should not have gone changed, and though Bob us a far lesser character, it's still gotta happen.
Ohhhh that's right! So I'm assuming Garreth and co. are NOT eating an infected leg because he is probably going to be around all season???? Maybe Bob will purposely get bit later on?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Ohhhh that's right! So I'm assuming Garreth and co. are NOT eating an infected leg because he is probably going to be around all season???? Maybe Bob will purposely get bit later on?
***Speculation based on some comic knowledge that may turn out to be spoilers but I really have no idea***
I'm not exactly sure how long they're going to drag it out, but it wouldn't have to be an infected leg. In TWD, once someone is bit, the infection spreads quickly. If the limb isn't severed on the spot, the virus does it's thing. By the time Bob got nabbed (and I think it's fairly conclusive he was bit), he'll have a pretty high viral load. Pretty sure he'll be sharing that fact with them next episode as either he or some of them start getting sick, because there are already two other plot lines that they are actively pursuing. They'll get pissed and kill him, but he's already dead anyway. They just didn't know that they are too. Such a beautiful death.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
When did bob get bit?
It wasn't blatantly shown but during the encounter in the flooded church basement, a walker pulls Bob underwater for a few beats and then gets suuuuuuper close to Bob and it looks dire. They seemingly rescue Bob in the nick of time but then...he acts weird and goes off on his own outside and starts sobbing. That's when he's bobnapped by the cannibals.

Also....should I be hiding spoilers? I just went by the recent postings which seemed to be pro-spoiler.

Last edited:

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Man, that ending. o_o

Good episode.
I guess they (comic and TV show spoilers) swapped Dale's role to poor Bob.

Man, I hope those evil beings get killed soon.

This season has been has been a lot better than season 4 so far.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I really enjoyed the build up for the Hunters, Garreth and Co. have a good back story and I loved the scene where he was explaining his new role as a hunter to Bob. Unfortunately I don't see this feud between Rick and Co. vs the Hunters to last long. I expect episode four will be when they all get killed, except Garreth since they show him joining the group, not sure how they'll make that happen

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I really enjoyed the build up for the Hunters, Garreth and Co. have a good back story and I loved the scene where he was explaining his new role as a hunter to Bob. Unfortunately I don't see this feud between Rick and Co. vs the Hunters to last long. I expect episode four will be when they all get killed, except Garreth since they show him joining the group, not sure how they'll make that happen
I'd be totally cool with that. Season 3 - 4 had a really slow burn type of buildup to it so I'm glad they're back on the road with more of a collective mission. It's more compelling and faster paced.

I'm really surprised that after all the group has been through, that really only Rick is in disbelief that this guy has survived alone in a church out in the middle of the woods. It just screams fishy

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
It wasn't blatantly shown but during the encounter in the flooded church basement, a walker pulls Bob underwater for a few beats and then gets suuuuuuper close to Bob and it looks dire. They seemingly rescue Bob in the nick of time but then...he acts weird and goes off on his own outside and starts sobbing. That's when he's bobnapped by the cannibals.

Also....should I be hiding spoilers? I just went by the recent postings which seemed to be pro-spoiler.
Lol Bob napped

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

Nah spoilers are fine, anyone who comes in here knows whats going on

RunwayMafia

Nice catch, I didn't see Martin in the blurry vision but I believe you also #TaintedMeat
Martin??? You know his name? lol

I enjoyed the episode. Father Gabriel has already managed to annoy me.

1.) I think the "secret" Father Gabe is holding is that he is a pure coward and locked his people out of the church during the initial attack.

2.) Could Maggie give any less fucks about Beth? lol

3.) Yes!!!! Daryl and Carol seeing the car that abducted Beth!!!

4.) In the preview for next weeks ep, Sasha says "now three of us are missing". Besides Bob, I wonder who else they nab.

I need more Rambo Carol....

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Martin??? You know his name? lol

I enjoyed the episode. Father Gabriel has already managed to annoy me.

1.) I think the "secret" Father Gabe is holding is that he is a pure coward and locked his people out of the church during the initial attack.

2.) Could Maggie give any less fucks about Beth? lol

3.) Yes!!!! Daryl and Carol seeing the car that abducted Beth!!!

4.) In the preview for next weeks ep, Sasha says "now three of us are missing". Besides Bob, I wonder who else they nab.

I need more Rambo Carol....
It's just Bob, Carol and Daryl that are missing, Maggie assumes that they got nabbed too. Also I want to see where this Maggie, Glenn, Tara triangle goes so hopefully nobody dies before that.

mkkevin

Noob
I FUCKING KNEW IT!!! I saw this coming since last week, I told everyone at school, “Maybe the Terminus people are going to turn into the hunters since they are afterall cannibals.” No one freaking believed me! Tomorrow I’m so gonna scream at them! I had a giant nerdgasm when I saw Bob without his leg. Creepy, but that’s what happened.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't think it would matter if that was the leg he (bob) was bit on or not, as the amputation needs to happen nearly immediately so the infection doesn't spread through the person's blood. It was explicitly stated/alluded when Hershel and the governor's scientist buddy were chatting in the episode where Rick and the governor talk for the first time.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Just a small observation, doesn't reveal TOO much if you didn't read the comics.

***Possible next episode spoiler for anyone based on comic info that might explain this.***

In the comics, there was a group of hunters that captured Dale (I believe it was Dale, its been many years since I read it), after he had been bit, and ate his leg. He was bit somewhere else so the hunters did not know. So it seems likely that they just inserted this "Hunters" story arc using the leftover Terminus crew and Bob instead.

RunwayMafia

Just a small observation, doesn't reveal TOO much if you didn't read the comics.

***Possible next episode spoiler for anyone based on comic info that might explain this.***

In the comics, there was a group of hunters that captured Dale (I believe it was Dale, its been many years since I read it), after he had been bit, and ate his leg. He was bit somewhere else so the hunters did not know. So it seems likely that they just inserted this "Hunters" story arc using the leftover Terminus crew and Bob instead.
Yeah, I remember the Dale situation in the comics, I'm just confused about the timing (like the duration) of all of this. For example, is this Bob tainted meat arc supposed to take place in one night? Two nights?

I ask this because we have seen from previews a few weeks ago that Garreth has a line like, "So it looks like we head to Washington then...", or something. Does Garreth stick around longer? If so, then the Bob Burger he is eating isn't infected. Right?

I get it, I just don't understand the timing of all this. It's happening so fast.

Also, if Bob really was bitten, he sure kept his cool for a while. Like a long while. Maybe he's not infected....?