What's new

The Stick Thread

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
http://i58.tinypic.com/2ptpenk.jpg
For those interested, this is a Hori arcade stick pro4 Kia, I love the joystick so I left that as is. I added a half Decepticon/Autobot artwork, a polished aluminum rod/dust cover to match the Decepticon red, I changed out for a clear Bat because I plan on installing LEDs later, (no cash currently) and because I'm 6'5" and the Ball-Tops are just too small for my fingers. I changed out the buttons for GamerFinger silents (http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/g...black.html?search_query=gamerfinger&results=6) OMG these buttons are freaking AMAZING. Cannot recommend them enough. I got the stick off of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SULMRI4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the dust covers from FocusAttack (http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-alu-series-shaft-dustwasher-set-red/). I found the artwork on a google search and used my local sign shop to print it out in HQ. Just to let you know I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies, it's just that I was very unsure about what to do about getting a new stick for this console (I can't play on a standard controller to save my virtual life) so I thought I would post this and how I did it for anyone else out there looking at new sticks for the PS4/Xbone. Stock the stick was fine but I didn't like the buttons, except for their replacement everything I did was cosmetic and to make it look custom/cool, to me at least. However with that said, the combo of the HORI joystick and the Gamerfinger buttons....Dear Lord this thing is amazing. Now when I lose I can only blame myself as a player haha.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
http://i58.tinypic.com/2ptpenk.jpg
For those interested, this is a Hori arcade stick pro4 Kia, I love the joystick so I left that as is. I added a half Decepticon/Autobot artwork, a polished aluminum rod/dust cover to match the Decepticon red, I changed out for a clear Bat because I plan on installing LEDs later, (no cash currently) and because I'm 6'5" and the Ball-Tops are just too small for my fingers. I changed out the buttons for GamerFinger silents (http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/g...black.html?search_query=gamerfinger&results=6) OMG these buttons are freaking AMAZING. Cannot recommend them enough. I got the stick off of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SULMRI4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the dust covers from FocusAttack (http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-alu-series-shaft-dustwasher-set-red/). I found the artwork on a google search and used my local sign shop to print it out in HQ. Just to let you know I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies, it's just that I was very unsure about what to do about getting a new stick for this console (I can't play on a standard controller to save my virtual life) so I thought I would post this and how I did it for anyone else out there looking at new sticks for the PS4/Xbone. Stock the stick was fine but I didn't like the buttons, except for their replacement everything I did was cosmetic and to make it look custom/cool, to me at least. However with that said, the combo of the HORI joystick and the Gamerfinger buttons....Dear Lord this thing is amazing. Now when I lose I can only blame myself as a player haha.
If you like the gamefinger buttons, you should try sanwa RG buttons. They have the same feel but none of the problems associated with the gamefingers and in my opinion are nicer looking.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
If you like the gamefinger buttons, you should try sanwa RG buttons. They have the same feel but none of the problems associated with the gamefingers and in my opinion are nicer looking.
What sort of problems are associated with them? And I hope you're not referring to the octagon shape, personally I think that's the coolest looking part.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
If you swap out the switches you may experience random connection issues and dropped inputs. The button caps also pop off you hit the button on certain spots.

c0ki

DevilApes
Hi !
I'm looking for a new ArcadeStick for XboxOne & PC. I found the Razer Atrox and the Hori Real Arcade Pro.
So i looked for some infos and reviews about it and what i found didn't made me happy. Is it true that there are problems with the LT & RT buttons when i use it on the PC?
Do someone of you have a tip for me with what arcadestick i should go?

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Hi !
I'm looking for a new ArcadeStick for XboxOne & PC. I found the Razer Atrox and the Hori Real Arcade Pro.
So i looked for some infos and reviews about it and what i found didn't made me happy. Is it true that there are problems with the LT & RT buttons when i use it on the PC?
Do someone of you have a tip for me with what arcadestick i should go?
For xbox one get whatever stick you desire. No next gen xbox one stick has trigger buttons that work on pc. The makers of those sticks never intended for them to be used on PC, so they have not released drivers for them. For pc, use a last gen 360 or ps3 stick.

c0ki

DevilApes
For xbox one get whatever stick you desire. No next gen xbox one stick has trigger buttons that work on pc. The makers of those sticks never intended for them to be used on PC, so they have not released drivers for them. For pc, use a last gen 360 or ps3 stick.
Ok, thank you. That was not what i was supposed to hear but it seems like i have to live with that.

Nucking Futs!

Love me some arcade sticks!
http://www.play-asia.com/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-extend-stick-for-playstation-3-4/13/708gwp

It does not use sanwa or Hori high end arcade parts, it uses hori's cheap line of parts.
Don't forget to factor in $55+ for shipping from Play-Asia. Assuming the PS4 game isn't compatible with PS3 arcade sticks then the lowest price PS4 stick is the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai Edition at $150 assuming you can find one as I hear they're sold out at most retailers. Has Hori branded Kuro buttons & joystick lever. Hit or miss with the former but the latter is pretty solid. I still need more time with both to make a final assessment.

Nucking Futs!

Love me some arcade sticks!

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Don't forget to factor in $55+ for shipping from Play-Asia. Assuming the PS4 game isn't compatible with PS3 arcade sticks then the lowest price PS4 stick is the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai Edition at $150 assuming you can find one as I hear they're sold out at most retailers. Has Hori branded Kuro buttons & joystick lever. Hit or miss with the former but the latter is pretty solid. I still need more time with both to make a final assessment.
I know this, but I recommended what was the cheapest stick he can currently get his hands on. He can also get the HRAP 4 from play asia because they are not sold out of them in Japan like they are in the states.

c0ki

DevilApes
Hey all, my english is not the best and i already searched around the internet to find a solution for this but i don't found anything helpfull for me (or maybe i didn't understand it right).
i want to build a stickless arcade stick (hitbox-like) that is compatible with PS4 / XBone / PC.
i decided to PadHack the original XBone Pad and a Hori FC4 for PS4 & PC support.
can someone tell me, is there a Problem with the Left+Right simultaneous pushing issue that i need a SOCD-Cleaner?
would be awesome if you have any other tipps for me, because this is going to be my first "project".
thanks for your replies

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The Left- right issue depends on the game. Some games account for it in their programming and others do not. Its always best to add the SOCD cleaner. Toodle's used to sell one on godlikecontrols.com . I dont know if he still does.

c0ki

DevilApes
i'm only looking forward to play MK:X with it and maybe a little bit StreetFighter5 when it's released. i already saw the SOCD cleaner from toodle's but its "Out of stock. New version to be announced ASAP."

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm curious as to what ps4 stick I should buy. The mad catz TE2 stick keeps selling out quicker than anyone can react to purchase one and they go for a lot more on Ebay and Amazon. I was curious to see how the Hori Kai ps4 stick was. Has anyone ever used it, or heard anything about it. I may just cave in and purchase a vlx for ps4.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I'm curious as to what ps4 stick I should buy. The mad catz TE2 stick keeps selling out quicker than anyone can react to purchase one and they go for a lot more on Ebay and Amazon. I was curious to see how the Hori Kai ps4 stick was. Has anyone ever used it, or heard anything about it. I may just cave in and purchase a vlx for ps4.
I have the Kai, the VLX and the TE2. Between the Kai and TE2, I prefer the Kai. It feels sturdier and I prefer its layout. It also has more functionality out of the box (touchpad) while costing less (150 v 200). You can use that $50 you save to swap in sanwa parts if you prefer. I think the Hayabusa feels smoother than the JLF, but then again I think they are both subpar compared to a Semitsu LS-40. I would change the buttons however. I would not get the TE2. Markman mentioned the other day that Madcatz was thinking of rereleasing the original TE design for the next gen. I will buy that stick the minute it is released, until then I will rock my Kai for tournament and travel use, and rock my VLX when I play at home.

I have the Kai, the VLX and the TE2. Between the Kai and TE2, I prefer the Kai. It feels sturdier and I prefer its layout. It also has more functionality out of the box (touchpad) while costing less (150 v 200). You can use that $50 you save to swap in sanwa parts if you prefer. I think the Hayabusa feels smoother than the JLF, but then again I think they are both subpar compared to a Semitsu LS-40. I would change the buttons however. I would not get the TE2. Markman mentioned the other day that Madcatz was thinking of rereleasing the original TE design for the next gen. I will buy that stick the minute it is released, until then I will rock my Kai for tournament and travel use, and rock my VLX when I play at home.
does any of these sticks have a ps4 mic Input? thx

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
does any of these sticks have a ps4 mic Input? thx
No third party peripheral for either the ps4 or xbox one has a mic input. Those are only allowed on the dual shock 4 and official MS xbox one controllers. For the xbox one you will have to use the kinect as your mic, for ps4 you can use a usb adapter such as this one (http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iCB758-Audio-Adapter-Headset-Mic/dp/B007PFZEKY ) which allows you to use your old head set and mic. You will have to change your audio options in the ps4 menu.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
This was very informative, @chemist4hire. Thank you for your knowledge, however, I still have some question regarding the fight sticks. You mentioned that the Seimitsu LS-40 stick part surpasses the JLF and Hayabusa. Why is that? You also didn't mention anything about the new Kuro VLX aside from the fact you own one. How is it? I know its length exceeds that of a normal fight stick stretching out to about 22" and it weights in at about 12 lbs. Is it that much of a burden to carry a VLX on ones person for competitive play? Again, I appreciate the information from your post. Thank you kindly.