What's new

The Stick Thread

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Definitely my favorite converter out there. And I've tried quite a few. If you decide to get a Bluetooth dongle and run wirelessly it does need to authorize every ten minutes (DS4 pads only) but if you run wired it will stay synced forever. The authorize thing only takes like 3 seconds, so if you're playing something casual it's no big deal, but I wouldn't try and play a fighter, or anything that requires precision, wirelessly. Wii U support is rumored soon too, which means I can literally use my favorite pad on anything. And thats tits.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hey techies. Long time lurker first time poster.

i picked up a stick for injustice to practice on. I was sick of going through pads all the time and dealing with converters that were sometimes/sometimes not allowed at events. My question is this. I have a qanba stick that is ps3/360/pc compatible. Is it possible to mod it so that it is a PS4 exclusive stick? and if so would this be a cheaper option than just buying a new ps4 stick? thanks in advance for your response and apologies if this has been asked before

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

i picked up a stick for injustice to practice on. I was sick of going through pads all the time and dealing with converters that were sometimes/sometimes not allowed at events. My question is this. I have a qanba stick that is ps3/360/pc compatible. Is it possible to mod it so that it is a PS4 exclusive stick? and if so would this be a cheaper option than just buying a new ps4 stick? thats in advance for your response and apologies if this has been asked before
Gummo would be able to Mod it for you. So your option would be seeing him at a tournament or sending it to him. As he mentioned he is busy for a week cause of back orders

STB Shujinkydink

Gummo would be able to Mod it for you. So your option would be seeing him at a tournament or sending it to him. As he mentioned he is busy for a week cause of back orders
well I think our streamer up here in the PNW does it. I just wanted to know if it was possible and cost

Tim Static

Adminerator

i picked up a stick for injustice to practice on. I was sick of going through pads all the time and dealing with converters that were sometimes/sometimes not allowed at events. My question is this. I have a qanba stick that is ps3/360/pc compatible. Is it possible to mod it so that it is a PS4 exclusive stick? and if so would this be a cheaper option than just buying a new ps4 stick? thanks in advance for your response and apologies if this has been asked before
@gummo can mod it to work on either PS4 or XBone for $140 (includes everything including return shipping) or $260 for both (same w/ return shipping) FYI. He doesn't frequent TYM much anymore but you can contact him on SRK via his Mod Thread

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The problem with the titan one is that it can be patched out in a ps4 or xbox one firmware update.
it banned at most tournies aswell as its known to lag out and even damage usb ports

padhacking the way to go for the moment i think.
ds4 is a mother to hack though, theres a hori ps4 pad that has much friendlier contacts to work on.

i seen someone from kombathouston(who ever runs that twitter) got a pcb from gummo that had screw terminals to make it more like a cthulhu type board for easy install. very nice choice to have.

im still waiting on my preorder of the hori kai(out march 13th :/) for myself to be set up on ps4, couldnt get a TE2 no matter how hard i tried.
theres a company called venomuk that are making a SE style ps4 stick for under e100 but youd have to import that so that mightn't be as good for you cause not in europe

STB Shujinkydink

@gummo can mod it to work on either PS4 or XBone for $140 (includes everything including return shipping) or $260 for both (same w/ return shipping) FYI. He doesn't frequent TYM much anymore but you can contact him on SRK via his Mod Thread
Oh really? I hadn't heard of any stick/controller being able to work on both systems that would be great!

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled

If you are only making it PS4 exclusive all you need to do is remove the current pcb in the stick and replace it with a padhack. I recommend the Hori Fight commander 4 as a donor pad. Here is the thread on srk with the relevant pad hack info: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/194825/third-party-ps4-padhack-options/p1

d3v

SRK
The problem with the titan one is that it can be patched out in a ps4 or xbox one firmware update.
I don't think it can, at least on PS4 , not without changing how the security works which could possibly mess with other, officially licensed, controllers.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I don't think it can, at least on PS4 , not without changing how the security works which could possibly mess with other, officially licensed, controllers.
Sony could shorten the authentication time, so that soft reseting every minute is no longer viable. Right now when it authenticates, it drops inputs during the request on the titan one. If that were to happen more often, it may not be patched out, but it would make it pretty useless for fighters.

mfkaoz

Banned
So after 2 days with the Titanone I do not recommend it at all for the ps4. I'm sure it works fine on any other console but the authentication is a pain in the ass especially when playing online. Having my stick just disconnect and then having to unplug it and plug it back in is too much of a hassle. Just save the extra 100 dollars and buy a Hori.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I present to you, my brand new MKX hitbox!

I had this made from scratch by local Minnesota modder and woodworker, Esom Ashour. I made the graphic from found MKX stuff around the web. The box is made from burled walnut. The buttons are 24mm Sanwa buttons, but are modded with silent pads, making them a lot easier on the ears. Also in the spirit of stealth, the inside of the box is outfitted with sound dampening foam, this combined with the silent buttons and soft quality of the walnut makes this the most quiet hitbox in existence (As far as I know :p).

Picture of the box in progress. Even though the overall flavor is very dark, The burled walnut striping pattern sings in the sunlight!

The finished tone came out much more dark, which was exactly what I wanted since I was hoping it would fit with the new designs of MKX, subtle and ominous. Below is a pic of the art so you can see what's under the plexi. The image hides a bit in the photos, which is awesome, I wanted it to be only somewhat visible from certain angles.

Below is a size comparison so you can see how it stacks up to official gear. I like the size of the official hitbox but it didn't fit well the bag that I'd like to use for travel, so it's basically the same dimensions, minus an inch on each side length wise so it fits in my bag.

As of right now it is Xbox1 only and I did it that way so I can get warmed up for April by continuing to play Ki. Once April 15th happens I will dual mod it for Ps4 and X1 since I preordered the game for both platforms.

I hope everyone likes my hitbox, and hope to see more MKX inspired stuff from the community as we get closer to launch day!

@Goldy @STORMS

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
This is amazing! Great work, really just great work!

I see you put the attack buttons further away from each other. Personal preference, accident or another reason? If you don't mind me asking :)