What's new

The Stick Thread

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
This was very informative, @chemist4hire. Thank you for your knowledge, however, I still have some question regarding the fight sticks. You mentioned that the Seimitsu LS-40 stick part surpasses the JLF and Hayabusa. Why is that? You also didn't mention anything about the new Kuro VLX aside from the fact you own one. How is it? I know its length exceeds that of a normal fight stick stretching out to about 22" and it weights in at about 12 lbs. Is it that much of a burden to carry a VLX on ones person for competitive play? Again, I appreciate the information from your post. Thank you kindly.
I like the LS-40 because I like short throw and engage distances on my stick. I also do not like them to feel loose. This is my main problem with the JLF. The JLF stick feels to loose, and because of its large throw and engage distance, it has a large wobble zone (Area in which movement of the stick does not activate any of the micro-switches that lead to movement of character on screen.) You can fix looseness by swapping out the springs and change the engage distance by using larger actuators but none of those mods make it feel as good as a stock LS-40.

In terms of the Kuro VLX, I have swapped the parts for my preferred stick and buttons. It is a great stick and its what I play with at home, but for travel its too much of a hassle and I would rather just carry my Kai around. They sell a special bag to carry the VLX in but is expensive at $100 dollars. Also when I go to tournaments I travel with a stick for some games and a hitbox for others so carrying a heavier stick when I dont need to is also a reason why I just leave it at home.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I like the LS-40 because I like short throw and engage distances on my stick. I also do not like them to feel loose. This is my main problem with the JLF. The JLF stick feels to loose, and because of its large throw and engage distance, it has a large wobble zone (Area in which movement of the stick does not activate any of the micro-switches that lead to movement of character on screen.) You can fix looseness by swapping out the springs and change the engage distance by using larger actuators but none of those mods make it feel as good as a stock LS-40.

In terms of the Kuro VLX, I have swapped the parts for my preferred stick and buttons. It is a great stick and its what I play with at home, but for travel its too much of a hassle and I would rather just carry my Kai around. They sell a special bag to carry the VLX in but is expensive at $100 dollars. Also when I go to tournaments I travel with a stick for some games and a hitbox for others so carrying a heavier stick when I dont need to is also a reason why I just leave it at home.
Now, I'm looking up the Seimitsu LS-40 stick and I found the LS-40-1. That's not different from the standard LS-40, right? Just making sure, before I make a purchase. I'm also to assume the color of the stick doesn't matter and it's just for aesthetics? Ah, gotcha. That would be a pain to carry around. Thanks again for the information, my dude. Knowledge is great.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Now, I'm looking up the Seimitsu LS-40 stick and I found the LS-40-1. That's not different from the standard LS-40, right? Just making sure, before I make a purchase. I'm also to assume the color of the stick doesn't matter and it's just for aesthetics? Ah, gotcha. That would be a pain to carry around. Thanks again for the information, my dude. Knowledge is great.
The only difference between the 01 and non 01 model is that one has a pcb which allows a wire harness to be plugged into it and the other has you connect your ground and signals wires to each micro-switch. Get the 01 model it makes for swapping in and out of retail sticks easier. Also you will need to buy an s- mounting plate so that the stick height is right. If you use a flat mounting plate the stick will be too short. To install the stick, place it on the mounting plate with the 5 pins pointing in the same direction as the stick found in your arcade stick has its 5 pin connector pointing towards. Then plung in the wire harness UPSIDE DOWN. If you get lost you can follow steps 41-45 in this tutorial: http://pineconeattack.com/2009/08/06/how-to-mod-the-madcatz-fight-stick-with-seimitsu-parts/ .

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The only difference between the 01 and non 01 model is that one has a pcb which allows a wire harness to be plugged into it and the other has you connect your ground and signals wires to each micro-switch. Get the 01 model it makes for swapping in and out of retail sticks easier. Also you will need to buy an s- mounting plate so that the stick height is right. If you use a flat mounting plate the stick will be too short. To install the stick, place it on the mounting plate with the 5 pins pointing in the same direction as the stick found in your arcade stick has its 5 pin connector pointing towards. Then plung in the wire harness UPSIDE DOWN. If you get lost you can follow steps 41-45 in this tutorial: http://pineconeattack.com/2009/08/06/how-to-mod-the-madcatz-fight-stick-with-seimitsu-parts/ .
Word, but how much shorter is it compared to the regular stick height? I replaced my shaft on my ps3 stick with a shaft that is removable by lifting up a lever. That was is a little shorter than the standard height and I find it comfortable personally. I grip my stick shaft (hue) with my pink and ring finger while my other fingers grasp the ball top.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Word, but how much shorter is it compared to the regular stick height? I replaced my shaft on my ps3 stick with a shaft that is removable by lifting up a lever. That was is a little shorter than the standard height and I find it comfortable personally. I grip my stick shaft (hue) with my pink and ring finger while my other fingers grasp the ball top.
It will be even shorter than the Link. It will be too short to use, get the s-plate.

c0ki

DevilApes
hi, it's me again. because i'm not so much into technic stuff i searched around the internet and read here and there. so, before i get this started, can someone tell me if this wiring setup will work or do i need to connect GND and +5V between the both PCBs? and the rest, is it ok? thanks so far.

c0ki

DevilApes
So i finished my Project halfwise, still waiting for the Hori FC4 but the XBoxOne Padhack already works fine.
Last steps are:
- Padhacking the Hori FC4
- apply clearcoat
- get rid of the SOCD-issue
if someone had a solution for the SOCD thing would be nice. Greetings

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
dont know if this was brought up or not or if anybody is aware a an easier way but for those with custom sticks for the XB1 - one way to have your mic work is to use a second controller - sign into your guest profile and invite yourself to the party or chat from your main account. this works 8/10 times for me ... sometimes i have porbs but it mostly works.... then you can talk in the guest account while playing wit the stick on the first account..

BUT!! you have to remember to hit the thumbstick every so often cuase if the scond controller times out or turns itself off- then your screen will go dim..

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Wow, I spend a few years away from here and there are some lovely sticks here. Glad to see people getting creative and hope that all your sticks are doing great!

Was thinking of maybe doing a tutorial on how to make one of these.

Don't know if anyone is interested, but if it generates enough interest, I'll make a video (or a couple) on how to make one
I would be very good interested.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Question for you folks,I'm.thinking of picking up a qanba q4 early next week and was going to sell my injustice battle edition stick.

Anyone have an idea on the value of an Injustice Battle Edition fight stick? Good shape, all stock except one small thing. No box or anything, just the stick. I took the joystick bat top off and removed about a quarter inch off the bottom to make it closer to a ball top. Otherwise, its all 'stock'.

Great stick and I have no real issues with it all, just considering an upgrade, mostly cause I have some unexpected insurance money coming in and I like wasting it. Lol.

chores

bad at things
im building my hitbox this weekend. does anyone know if 30mm seimitsu or sanwa buttons will fit in a 1.25" diameter hole? or 24mm in a 1" hole?

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
iirc the 24mm will fit in a 1" hole but its been a while since I made my hitbox, the 30mm I have no idea

im building my hitbox this weekend. does anyone know if 30mm seimitsu or sanwa buttons will fit in a 1.25" diameter hole? or 24mm in a 1" hole?
I think i used 7/8 for 24mm and 1 1/8 for 30 mm but had to widen out the hole a bit.

I use wood and ordered the mm forstner bits from asia, they work perfect

Audit

Falls down too much
Yay. Qanba q4 ordered Monday, due to arrive this coming Monday.
Congrats. I absolutely love my Q4. It's not the dual mod, buttons or anything that really makes it, it's the felt/fabric on the bottom that anchors it to your lap that separates it from other sticks.

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
I'm using a Madcatz SSFIV TE-S swapped MC Cthulhu on PC, and was thinking about changing to octo gate, does anybody have MKX experience with octo vs standard gate? I just miss diagonal inputs occasionaly, forward/backward jump will come out as a neutral sometimes.