What's new

The Stick Thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I've had a couple days with my qanba q4raf and I'm thinking of doing a review and re-unboxing of it.

Spoiler: its fricken incredible.

I'm using a Madcatz SSFIV TE-S swapped MC Cthulhu on PC, and was thinking about changing to octo gate, does anybody have MKX experience with octo vs standard gate? I just miss diagonal inputs occasionaly, forward/backward jump will come out as a neutral sometimes.
I put an octagonal gate into my Atrox and it worked wonders. I couldn't break my habits of feeling for that "lock" so to speak that catches where the stick is placed because the standard gate was square. So simple things like db, or df were not that simple with the square gate.

Could just be preference because I know people that love square gates. I personally noticed hella difference in my gameplay when I switched to octagonal

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
I put an octagonal gate into my Atrox and it worked wonders. I couldn't break my habits of feeling for that "lock" so to speak that catches where the stick is placed because the standard gate was square. So simple things like db, or df were not that simple with the square gate.

Could just be preference because I know people that love square gates. I personally noticed hella difference in my gameplay when I switched to octagonal
Thanks man, i'm gonna swap and check it out.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so question-- are people still padhacking ps4 controllers for custom sticks or has there been a better PCB option discovered that doesnt disco every 8-10 mins. i been out of the loop on ps4 options.
i dont have a ps4 yet but will prob pick one up when the Sfv beta drops and imma need proper stick asap.
i have a few gutted customs that only need a PCB drop..

chores

bad at things
finishing up my hitbox... i have about a 4mm gap between the right side of my plexi and the wood (poplar) edge of the container box.. what should i use to fill that crack? was thinking clear silicone

Since I'm at it I think I'll post my favourites sticks of all time :)

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Just finished up a custom for an EVO participant.
The arcade stick features:
Hard Maple Case
Paewang PCB PS3/Xbox360
Sanwa JLF stick
Sanwa buttons

so .. can we talk... i think i would like to give you some $$$ lol within the next few months

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
So here is my HitBox. I changed the buttons and artwork. I was hoping the yellow buttons wouldn't be as neon as they came out to be, but its all good (was hoping they were more like the color of Baraka's eyes). I was also considering adding some LEDs to the buttons but they are bright enough already so I won't add them (this will also save me $$...thank God!)

Oriphus

Noob
Seems like a good place to ask..

So, im modding my first stick. Its a Hori RAP V. (PS4/PC)
I've got some crystal/white gamerfingers (razor orange switches) in it and a Seimitsu LB-39 Clear Bubbletop White ,(also have a black and red) that ive put in. Had to do a bit of shaving, but all in all, easy work. Im looking to get some more black and crystal buttons and switching them around to make a crystal/black but haven't got to it yet.

These buttons have holes ready for led lighting. Any good info/links on how to go about wiring in some leds?
With current, factory/red n black art, im thinking about a red glow around the edges/crystal areas.

Im even more curious about artwork. Everything i see is for TE2's. Are there any good threads/links on modding a RAP V? templates for artwork or something? Google hasnt been helping me much.. though i did find some stuff for a RAP3

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Damn I'm jealous now. I don't have any sticks but I'm thinking about buying my first one, so maybe you can lead me through a couple of questions:

1. Do you recommend pad, stick or keyboard for Mortal Kombat X?
2. If it's a stick or a pad, which one?

Sorry for the lack of sticks, I'm poor.

ErrantElement

There's no stopping what can't be stopped
I'm really happy with this and thought I would share my newest fight stick!

The stick is a Madcatz SFxT Fightstick Pro. Spray painted the lower part of the body matte black.

Created the artwork in PS from a combination of game artwork and custom text and glyphs.

Print out and plexi with help from tek-innovations.com

Pushbuttons and dustwasher from focusattack.com

Custom skull trophy balltop from cuddleburrito.com

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I have some rather basic questions regarding getting a stick and I dont really want to open a thread because I am sure it has been answered before, ill try my luck. I have been looking at getting a stick simply because they look a lot more fun to play on, I am also starting to get really into figting games with MKX and have been looking at Street Fighter. I also heard doing stuff like Kung Laos Fist Fury, Instant Air Fans etc is a lot easier on a stick? I find it almost impossible on the dual shock . Anyways:

1. From my understanding the Mad Catz TE2 would be the stick to purchase? I am on PS4.
2. Is doing inputs with motions like Down and Back a problem with the stick? Does it read as diagonal, will it be less consistent? etc

Would appreciate any help :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
1. From my understanding the Mad Catz TE2 would be the stick to purchase? I am on PS4.
2. Is doing inputs with motions like Down and Back a problem with the stick? Does it read as diagonal, will it be less consistent? etc

Would appreciate any help :)
1. madcatz te2 or hori rap4 or venoms ps4 stick (listed most expensive to least, ps3 sticks do work with mkx though just so you know)
2. pressing down and back together will read as a diagonal yes, dunno how to answer the consistnt part, if you engage the microswitches on the stick it sends the signal to the pcb just as a pad/hitbox/keyboard would so as long as you inputs are correct they'll work as you want

1. madcatz te2 or hori rap4 or venoms ps4 stick (listed most expensive to least, ps3 sticks do work with mkx though just so you know)
2. pressing down and back together will read as a diagonal yes, dunno how to answer the consistnt part, if you engage the microswitches on the stick it sends the signal to the pcb just as a pad/hitbox/keyboard would so as long as you inputs are correct they'll work as you want
Oh I saw some reviews for the Venom but didnt get a good impression, didnt know it was a stick someone would recommend and its only 100 bucks.
I guess I just imagined doing a down motion, then resetting it to middle possition then moving it back would be tedious or potentially wear it out but I have never played with one so I wouldnt know.

Thank you for a quick response!