What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Do we think there's a likelihood of her getting any more changes in the future? The buffs she's received so far have been amazing but obviously there are still a few minor bugs and things which would help her out, just to complete her. Things like the gaps in Piercing, maybe a small improvement to her non-ex teleport in Ethereal, and a general speed up to her normals. Do you guys think they'll do it, or have we had our lot?
I think NRS is hyper aware of the fact that one wrong tweak would send Mileena over the edge and off the chain. They've been cautious with her buffs. That said, I'd be genuinely surprised if the current state of our girl is the "final" iteration.

Do we think there's a likelihood of her getting any more changes in the future? The buffs she's received so far have been amazing but obviously there are still a few minor bugs and things which would help her out, just to complete her. Things like the gaps in Piercing, maybe a small improvement to her non-ex teleport in Ethereal, and a general speed up to her normals. Do you guys think they'll do it, or have we had our lot?
That's what I was thinking too. Mileena has been buffed or adjusted every patch since launch except for the latest one I believe. I think they wont really look at her anymore unless we were more vocal. However like you said, Mileena is in a good place and an additional buff would just wrap up what they started with her. Her being done buffing wouldn't end her, but it would be nice for her to be solid mid or even upper mid.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Honestly I doubt she will get anything else. Someone HAS to be low tier, people keep asking NRS to make her mid tier, but at the end of the day they can't make every character mid tier, someone has to be bottom 5, Mileena is ok, it's just that when we compare her to everyone else she just doesn't do anything better than anyone and her tools aren't as good, but I'm happy with her because this game is very balanced honestly. Bottom 5 or mid tier, every character has good stuff and is viable.

Honestly I doubt she will get anything else. Someone HAS to be low tier, people keep asking NRS to make her mid tier, but at the end of the day they can't make every character mid tier, someone has to be bottom 5, Mileena is ok, it's just that when we compare her to everyone else she just doesn't do anything better than anyone and her tools aren't as good, but I'm happy with her because this game is very balanced honestly. Bottom 5 or mid tier, every character has good stuff and is viable.
You're right someone has to be low tier. But I think what can be changed is the gap between the tiers.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I wouldn't be surprised if Mileena doesn't get anything for the rest of the game's life. It's funny a lot of people for many characters want buffs so said character won't be bottom 5 but in this game bottom 5 isn't the end of the world. Its not like bottom 5 MK9 style where those characters were literally irrelevant and you might as well put the controller down if facing a top tier. However I guess we shall see what happens with the Empress in the future

It's not even about bottom 5, because let's face it, that's debatable. YOMI saying she's bottom 5 doesn't make that a permanent fact. It's about being able to keep up with the evolving meta of the game. She has 50/50s, albeit they're not the safest. She has evasion, (again not safe). She has a great armor move, (rinse and repeat). Her 1, 2, B2, and D1 were made faster. She kinda has some range. But the fact that she's both meter dependent AND risky to do this is really what keeps her on the low end. She may be bottom 5 or bottom 10, but she definitely has to work harder than many others. A lot of characters can turn games around for getting you to block one jump in and shoving block pressure down your throat.

I do expect her to get a couple buffs, but I don't think it'll be much more. I expect Reg Fade to be better somehow, I can see them maybe adjusting backdash, or possibly (but unlikely) doing armor on wakeup EX telekick. Outside of that, we just pray, lol.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a system change of some kind after EVO. Maybe something to do with stamina/block breakers/etc

Also, I think people remember MK9 Mileena differently than I do.. Remember, MK9 Mileena was called top 3 by Tom Brady after EVO 2011. Once the frame data was found not even a year later... people said she was in the bottom half of the roster for the simple fact that she had no armor and bad hit frames in a game about pressure. Sonya was the new Mileena.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think we all agree that she's definitely bottom 10, some think she is bottom 5 (which I believe more and more everytime myself) but honestly who cares?
She has to work harder, yeah! She is risky and meter dependent (but she has always been a risky af character and that's because of her design, making her anymore safe would make her so good)
I think we will get a few more FIXES (whiffing stuff) in future patches but that's it. Honestly, I feel comfortable in most match ups, she definitely has some hard ones but none of them feel unplayable or unwinnable, and that's the only thing I care about. (I used to main Zatanna in IGAU and Jade in MK9 so I know how an unplayable match-up feels lol)

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Who cares if our Empress is bottom 5. The Kahnum does not concern herself with tiers. She'll eat anyone's face who dares challenge her. :p

Crimea

Noob
I don't want her to be a top tier. Because all tier whores will main Mileena. Then people will start to hate her and cry for nerfs

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I mentioned that to a friend earlier lol.

But hey found a nice input method for instant air sais. Now there's two motions I discovered that work and which one you use depends on the jump.
For neutral jump you'd hit up, up-back, down-forward+1
For back jump you'd hit up-back, back, (down), down-forward+1. I put the down in parentheses because technically you dont need to hit it but it makes the motion easier.

I can consistently hit a standing opponent in the head and with practice im confident I can do it lower.

Last edited:

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
I mentioned that to a friend earlier lol.

But hey found a nice input method for instant air sais. Now there's two motions I discovered that work and which one you use depends on the jump.
For neutral jump you'd hit up, up-back, down-forward+1
For back jump you'd hit up-back, back, (down), down-forward+1. I put the down in parentheses because technically you dont need to hit it but it makes the motion easier.

I can consistently hit a standing opponent in the head and with practice im confident I can do it lower.
With Input shortcuts on, you actually only need to do Up/Back + Down/Forward + 1 and Mileena will perform an iAS without jumping backwards.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Mileena needs minor tweaks if anything.

None of this Roll should be a low shenanigan either. The buffs she requires have been mentioned in the other thread.

That's what the 'Mileena Community' agrees on.

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
I'd rather play a low tier char and keep my dignity than cry like a little Kenshi-bitch. :rolleyes:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Covers more ground than ground Sais since it also catches them trying to jump a little better. It slightly repositions Mileena as well. Nothing like iaFBs in previous NRS games though.

Out of curiosity, are you using an arcade stick?
It also allows you to throw projectiles safely in some matchups like Liu Kang where low sai doesn't low profile any of his fireballs. It has use albeit limited but everything counts!

Nope pad. Funny I play Street Fighter on stick but MK I have to play pad. You should seem me play SF pad it's horrendous lol

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I think it's very unfair when Kitana's iaf recovery is very good on both whiff and block, she can also convert into big combo with a naked air fan while Mileena's ia sai recovery is very bad and she can't follow combos. Additionally, in buzz saw Kung Lao's low hat is safe on block (NRS never learnt the MK9 low hat lesson) and Mileena's low sai is ridiculously dead on block