What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Did y'all know originally you could combo from F44 in the corner, and F2 was an overhead.

Anyways, those IAS Inputs Up/Back Down/Forward + 1 worked consistently for me.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Mileena doesn't have specials that send fear into a decent player's heart. Someone who doesn't see a lot of Mileena will fear the ball roll and telekick but a decent player knows if you block standing you can pretty much repel 90% of her attacks. Mileena feels like she's in character gray area as how to use her - do you zone or pressure with her.

I feel Mileena should be a "pressure" character. I'm not saying she should be buffed to have the pressure game of Cassie, Sonya, Tanya or Kung Lao but she should be able to at least keep up with characters like this. The only tools - for now - that I feel she needs is for that ball roll to be a low. The ball being a low - especially when running in - would make that 33f f3 a threat especially when you opponent is fearing a roll.

When I play other characters I "fear" some of their moves. When I play other Mileenas - except Mr. Mileena's Mileena - I don't fear much of anything. Maybe its just me but that ball being a low would open up so many other possibilities for Mileena. If not fear, instill some respect for the Empress.

Lmao if Mileena's roll was 10-11 frames she would get no respect. She only gets about 30% off of an optimized combo which she can't get 100% of the time because of how varying roll confirms are according to distance and height. Roll keeps people honest, roll when someone uses unsafe moves, roll when someone whiffs, roll when someone jumps without reason, roll when someone uses unreliable strings with gaps, roll when someone doesn't stop pressing buttons. Roll is life yall.

Mileena doesn't have specials that send fear into a decent player's heart. Someone who doesn't see a lot of Mileena will fear the ball roll and telekick but a decent player knows if you block standing you can pretty much repel 90% of her attacks. Mileena feels like she's in character gray area as how to use her - do you zone or pressure with her.

I feel Mileena should be a "pressure" character. I'm not saying she should be buffed to have the pressure game of Cassie, Sonya, Tanya or Kung Lao but she should be able to at least keep up with characters like this. The only tools - for now - that I feel she needs is for that ball roll to be a low. The ball being a low - especially when running in - would make that 33f f3 a threat especially when you opponent is fearing a roll.

When I play other characters I "fear" some of their moves. When I play other Mileenas - except Mr. Mileena's Mileena - I don't fear much of anything. Maybe its just me but that ball being a low would open up so many other possibilities for Mileena. If not fear, instill some respect for the Empress.
As much as all Mileena players want low roll, I think we all know why it isn't realistic. Low roll makes everything a mix-up. Like Mileena would straight up be high tier with it. It turns every cancellable string she has (all of them basically) into a 50/50. Just waking up turns into a mix up for someone that got a hit on Mileena. Tele-kick being turned into an overhead makes more sense and would still be a big buff, considering her potential fullscreen mix up potential with low sai in piercing.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
As much as all Mileena players want low roll, I think we all know why it isn't realistic. Low roll makes everything a mix-up. Like Mileena would straight up be high tier with it. It turns every cancellable string she has (all of them basically) into a 50/50. Just waking up turns into a mix up for someone that got a hit on Mileena. Tele-kick being turned into an overhead makes more sense and would still be a big buff, considering her potential fullscreen mix up potential with low sai in piercing.
Summary in the quote is essentially why roll can't be a low. The guessing game for the opponent would be ridiculous. Overhead Telekick, that I wouldn't mind

@theGabStandard - what about safe EX Telekick? (honestly not sure, but a friend of mine convinced me it wouldn't be broken since it uses meter)

Anyway, as long as she is this risky with her pressure, she can only be but so good as a character. The rest lies in how well you can condition the opponent, or how stubborn the opponent is.

TheGabStandard

@theGabStandard - what about safe EX Telekick? (honestly not sure, but a friend of mine convinced me it wouldn't be broken since it uses meter)

Anyway, as long as she is this risky with her pressure, she can only be but so good as a character. The rest lies in how well you can condition the opponent, or how stubborn the opponent is.
I don't see an issue with a safe EX telekick. Assuming it stays mid there are many characters who burn meter to stay safe. Can't see how it could be seen as broken if it was safe.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

I don't see an issue with a safe EX telekick. Assuming it stays mid there are many characters who burn meter to stay safe. Can't see how it could be seen as broken if it was safe.
a safe mid multi hitting launcher that can hit you from where on the screen and can be used in the air also??? i dunno guys, thats prettty big.
(i have a horrible image in my head now of goro doing instant air punch walks that teleport now lol)

TheGabStandard

a safe mid multi hitting launcher that can hit you from where on the screen and can be used in the air also??? i dunno guys, thats prettty big.
(i have a horrible image in my head now of goro doing instant air punch walks that teleport now lol)
When you word it like that it does seem very good. However if you make it something like -5/-6 on block I think it's not that bad especially since she doesn't really have the pressure strings to follow up. I won't lie it's a very good way to get in but it essentially just resets the neutral on block, unless you want to do EX Roll to bait a counter poke afterwards in which Mileena has spent two bars for 27-29% to oki for someone who always needs meter to be a tthreat up close. If she had similar pressure to someone like KL or run cancel pressure then yeah I would say it's an unfair buff. Idk to me it seems fair but will like to hear other people's opinions as I might be missing something.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Buffs I would personally love to see with Milly is:
Ethereal
Have Fade start up quicker by a few frames
Change the inputs of Fade, away and towards to D,B, and D,F respectively, I hate getting fades when I didn't mean to

Ravenous
Make High Pounce a command grab. At the very least, let her tick off F12

Piercing
Just adjust the hit boxes on B21, and F12, they fell wonky as hell trying to get them to connect

And make MB Tele-kick safe on block

well in Goro's case he'd also be armored, lol. But yeah this was also a point brought up, that it covered the screen.
Again, I don't think it's something she flat out needs, nor am I begging for it. But it's becoming more and more clear that bullshit is necessary. So it was just a point for discussion.

TheGabStandard

How! I can't do It. Isn't IA Sai Blast BF1? Where does DB, D, DF come from?
Need to have input shortcuts on to do it. If you do the motion of db,d,df or db,df it registers as correct inputs for air sais. To be honest though it's easier to just do neutral jump for instant air sais

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
So I found a weird bug with mileena. If you whiff a F1 you can special cancel it on whiff with an ex special but not with normal specials. I have no idea why it works but it looks kind of strange.

Edit: it does not work in piercing. Probably because she gets a new F1

So I found a weird bug with mileena. If you whiff a F1 you can special cancel it on whiff with an ex special but not with normal specials. I have no idea why it works but it looks kind of strange.

Edit: it does not work in piercing. Probably because she gets a new F1
I think I saw that somewhere. In the vid the guy cancelled it into X-ray. You should be able to do it with stand 3 as well... not that there's much use in it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I've finally got my hands a controller that allows me to do her roll command consistently (fuck PS4 pads), so I've decided to put more time into my MK9 main. However, I need help with her neutral/pressure game in MKX. Without d4, how are you guys poking and establishing space? I find myself poking with b1, f2, and f4, but say I land only the b4 of f12b4... I don't know what to do after. Follow it up with a throw? Go into a f23 and use the pushback to bait the opponent's next move?

It's just hard coming from Kitana who's incredibly straightforward to Mileena who's a lot more unsafe and bait-y.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've finally got my hands a controller that allows me to do her roll command consistently (fuck PS4 pads), so I've decided to put more time into my MK9 main. However, I need help with her neutral/pressure game in MKX. Without d4, how are you guys poking and establishing space? I find myself poking with b1, f2, and f4, but say I land only the b4 of f12b4... I don't know what to do after. Follow it up with a throw? Go into a f23 and use the pushback to bait the opponent's next move?

It's just hard coming from Kitana who's incredibly straightforward to Mileena who's a lot more unsafe and bait-y.
You can hitconfirm the last hit of f12b4 into Roll but you'll have to be ready.

Yoaks

A spaceman

Sometimes I'll follow up with a throw, f4 or I'll back off and try to bait something out of my opponent. In the corner you can also do 21u4/21 os roll/2 Low Pounce in Ravenous.