What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Is U3 a viable AA for Jump ins?
In my experience, NO. It has good vertical hit box but terrible range and too slow. For example Mileena j1 has long reach but it's very hard to hit opponent very low to the ground, while j2 has shorter reach but will hit deep down to the ground (many characters j1 and j2 act like that). So using U3 MAY win j2 but it will almost always lose to j1.
Btw, U3 takes 1 bar to become a full combo, you should try other options that have better damage: D2 is better anti air for 14%, a roll = 30% combo, standing 2 and D3 can be used as anti air sometimes

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
In my experience, NO. It has good vertical hit box but terrible range and too slow. For example Mileena j1 has long reach but it's very hard to hit opponent very low to the ground, while j2 has shorter reach but will hit deep down to the ground (many characters j1 and j2 act like that). So using U3 MAY win j2 but it will almost always lose to j1.
Btw, U3 takes 1 bar to become a full combo, you should try other options that have better damage: D2 is better anti air for 14%, a roll = 30% combo, standing 2 and D3 can be used as anti air sometimes
Cheers, I know it costs a bar lol but in Ethereal I find myself having meter so would've been nice to have that.

Guess I'll stick to my regular AAs

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
[
But I really feel like the Air sai (raw air sai alone) is bugged. (like the kitana x ray stance block thing)

If you do ex Air sai, you have wayyyy shorter recovery frames, and you can roll. If you do NJP, and then air sai, you have enough time to roll. It seems after 1 hit, the recovery frames for air sai are shortened (without needed a jk , jp, or teleport to combo off, simply a raw air sai).
So if you do this or ex air sai, you can combo off of it, but a normal air sai has ridiculous amount of Recovery frames, where as a normal air sai after a NJP has signinifcantly reduced recov frames.
maybe pm paulo with that info to check up if things working as designed.

even if it did work "mk9 style" with raw air sai to roll, it wouldnt be as strong as mk9 as roll doesnt go nearly as far, would be sweet if it did work though

maybe pm paulo with that info to check up if things working as designed.

even if it did work "mk9 style" with raw air sai to roll, it wouldnt be as strong as mk9 as roll doesnt go nearly as far, would be sweet if it did work though
perhaps a teleport, or run in roll if you're too far, something you know?
but yeah will do! <3

U3 vs crossovers seems to work really well for me. Not vs jump-ins from a distance though.
Didn't know there was a difference in j1 and j2. Interesting.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
For the j1 and j2 thing. I use j1 for cross ups as it seems to auto adjust way better than j2. Often times I would would go for a cross up with j2 only to have mileena not turn around and leave me hella punishable as I sail over my opponents head.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
For the j1 and j2 thing. I use j1 for cross ups as it seems to auto adjust way better than j2. Often times I would would go for a cross up with j2 only to have mileena not turn around and leave me hella punishable as I sail over my opponents head.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think Mileena's F3 is fine. It's pretty slow but it gives her amazing damage, F3 is +2 on block and F34 is neutral on block so sometimes I do F34 into grab, 21U4 or D3 because they expect the whole string. Not to menthion that she gets a mix-up if you block it with F344 and F34~EX roll. She's completely fine as she is, just leave her alone ;_;

I think Mileena's F3 is fine. It's pretty slow but it gives her amazing damage, F3 is +2 on block and F34 is neutral on block so sometimes I do F34 into grab, 21U4 or D3 because they expect the whole string. Not to menthion that she gets a mix-up if you block it with F344 and F34~EX roll. She's completely fine as she is, just leave her alone ;_;
F3 is 0 on block if I remember right. Still I agree it's fine. (And aren't you too far away for a grab attempt after F34? I sometimes set up a backdash with it)
Anyway, I'm gonna still hope for a raw air sai buff, regular fade startup buff, and maybe a stand 3 overhead. But she's at least capable now compared to her original version.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
F3 is 0 on block if I remember right. Still I agree it's fine. (And aren't you too far away for a grab attempt after F34? I sometimes set up a backdash with it)
Anyway, I'm gonna still hope for a raw air sai buff, regular fade startup buff, and maybe a stand 3 overhead. But she's at least capable now compared to her original version.
No, F3 is +2. I actually knew it was 0 as well, but right before posting that I checked and it's listed as +2 so probably the frame data was wrong before and they just changed it this last patch.
After F34 yes, you are to far but you can instant run cancel.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
perhaps a teleport, or run in roll if you're too far, something you know?
but yeah will do! <3
nah im like john snow...i know nothing :p

well lets just say they made normal air sai same recvovery on hit as the ex, you cant get near full screen conversions off it like you could in mk9 cause the roll goes just over 1/3 of the distance, even with ex sai in training mode at max jump height you cant be that far away even with a run.
would telekick even work? ive never tried getting one after ex sai

on another note, why is mileenas ex telekick the only ex teleport that doesnt have wakeup armor?
tarkatan racism is what it is

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Is U3 a viable AA for Jump ins?
Nope.

I prefer J2. I like that it has a more downwards angle. Seems to come out quicker as well.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
on another note, why is mileenas ex telekick the only ex teleport that doesnt have wakeup armor?
I have wondered this for quite a while. I guess they didn't want her to have two armoured wake ups that result in a launch to a full combo (though I wouldn't be suurprised if there are characters in the roster that have this).

well lets just say they made normal air sai same recvovery on hit as the ex, you cant get near full screen conversions off it like you could in mk9 cause the roll goes just over 1/3 of the distance, even with ex sai in training mode at max jump height you cant be that far away even with a run.
Well, you could still convert off of half screen air sai. Because let's face it, that's where the jump ins will be happening the most. EX Air Sai is a waste of meter. MAYBE has a use in unbreakable combo enders, but otherwise not worth it, imo.

They be hatin.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Haven't seen a whole lotta OS talk but what have you guys been working with?

I've begun to implement OS's during the neutral and wakeup that I'd like to share. I've confirmed these all work via manual inputs as well as setting the training dummy to do them, to take out player error.

On wakeup I like to use f12b4 roll OS. After b4 input roll then up. Very easy and extremely useful, seeing as it helps make the high low guessing game alittle more favorable for Mileena since you can commit to a low mixup without penalty of being punished on a bad guess.

Next we have my personal favorite 21u4/roll OS. Admittedly you need some decent finger dexterity for this one due to the tight a input window. After 21 input roll then immediately u4. A proper input will give you roll after a succesful 1 no matter if the opponent blocked or hit by 2. I say this because in certain instances the OS would not work properly if your inputs weren't timed right. Sometimes there'd be no roll on hit or u4 on block, all due to that first hit. However on the plus side 21 is +10 on hit and -7 on block. So you're not completely losing pressure, and it's still relatively safe, if you mess up. Another method for doing this is 2b1d4u4 credit to @LionHeart

Then in neutral there's b12. Standard OS that you can fire and forget. Same as as before b12 input roll, cancel with up. Now in the Milena mirror I noticed how f1 has an issue hitting non ex ball roll so I spent some lab time and found meaty b21 can stop it. Now the 1 is a low so you can mix in ex roll for a 50/50 and you can OS roll after the 1 for a safe mixup.

Last edited: