What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Haven't seen a whole lotta OS talk but what have you guys been working with?

I've begun to implement OS's during the neutral and wakeup that I'd like to share. I've confirmed these all work via manual inputs as well as setting the training dummy to do them, to take out player error.

On wakeup I like to use f12b4 roll OS. After b4 input roll then any direction. Very easy and extremely useful, seeing as it helps make the high low guessing game alittle more favorable for Mileena since you can commit to a low mixup without penalty of being punished on a bad guess.

Next we have my personal favorite 21u4/roll OS. Admittedly you need some decent finger dexterity for this one due to the tight a input window. After 21 input roll then immediately u4. A proper input will give you roll after a succesful 1 no matter if the opponent blocked or hit by 2. I say this because in certain instances the OS would not work properly if your inputs weren't timed right. Sometimes there'd be no roll on hit or u4 on block, all due to that first hit. However on the plus side 21 is +10 on hit and -7 on block. So you're not completely losing pressure, and it's still relatively safe, if you mess up.

Then in neutral there's b12. Standard OS that you can fire and forget. Same as as before b12 input roll, cancel with a direction. Now in the Milena mirror I noticed how f1 has an issue hitting non ex ball roll so I spent some lab time and found meaty b21 can stop it. Now the 1 is a low so you can mix in ex roll for a 50/50 and you can OS roll after the 1 for a safe mixup.
Literally brought up something similar earlier today as wanted people's take/help on OS. Thanks for the post as it was very informative and will probably help me do better with them now

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Also I've came across an interesting thing about OS's. For whatever reason the game will only cancel the special if you mirror the last input. I tried using forward, back, as well additional down inputs (attempting to flood the input window) but they would not cancel roll. I then tried Sub Zeros iceball OS and the only way to cancel it was with back, same with Takedas spear. Something to keep in mind!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Anyone else think Mileena's tele kicks tracking is still a bit off?
yea xray still gimpy aswell, still having the 1st hit hit and 2nd whiff a good amount.

Also I've came across an interesting thing about OS's. For whatever reason the game will only cancel the special if you mirror the last input. I tried using forward, back, as well additional down inputs (attempting to flood the input window) but they would not cancel roll. I then tried Sub Zeros iceball OS and the only way to cancel it was with back, same with Takedas spear. Something to keep in mind!
so your saying with roll your better canceling it with down because down is last input but not to do more than once?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
yea xray still gimpy aswell, still having the 1st hit hit and 2nd whiff a good amount.

so your saying with roll your better canceling it with down because down is last input but not to do more than once?
No always use up. That way you don't have to hit any face buttons, simply up. The rule of thumb I've discovered to OS easily is to press a single direction opposite of the last directional input. Example, if you wanted to cancel telekick, you'd cancel with up. Or Sub Zeros iceball which is df2, you would OS cancel with back. I've noted this across a large number of the cast and I feel it's the optimized way to OS without doing a bunch of finger gymnastics.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
No always use up. That way you don't have to hit any face buttons, simply up. The rule of thumb I've discovered to OS easily is to press a single direction opposite of the last directional input. Example, if you wanted to cancel telekick, you'd cancel with up. Or Sub Zeros iceball which is df2, you would OS cancel with back. I've noted this across a large number of the cast and I feel it's the optimized way to OS without doing a bunch of finger gymnastics.
ah right i get ya now, thanks.
must look into that

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Brady does a good job explaining it here and does exactly what I learned. Curious as how he gets forward to work, since it would not work in my testing.

21,u4 is the only OS I've even attempted. (See Piercing thread for why I dislike f44). Outside of that, b12 in piercing is somewhat easy to hit confirm, and if I miss it, I'm still at good advantage on hit. f23 is also kind of easy, maybe easier than b12.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I hate OS sometimes... I never use the F12B4~roll because it's been so inconsistent in my experience, I do that to make the Low option safe but most of the times the roll won't come out if ONLY the B4 hits, the whole string has to hit in order for the roll to be an actual option select for some reason, if only the B4 hits, the roll won't come out.

F4~roll/F44 is very useful. F4~roll U will work every single time for me. And so is the 21U4 one.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
The reason youre not getting roll when only b4 hits is because hit and block stun are so different. In most games when a move hits it generates hit stun which actually increases the duration of time a move is out, same for block stun. However block stun is usually shorter, in MKX though its the other way around. So what ends up happening is that your inputting the OS to come out at a certain interval of time. This causes the OS to come out successfully depending on whether certain parts of the string hit, but if they were blocked, the longer duration of block stun prevents the OS from actually coming out. The work around to this is you have to input your roll and become familiar with hitting a direction slightly after the normal your canceling comes out.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I've accumulated a list of changes the Mileena community has agreed to. These changes were thought out to the point in infallibility.

Mileena NEEDS Roll to be low.
Mileena NEEDS Sais to hit mid.
Mileena NEEDS a faster Teleport.
Mileena NEEDS a much faster F3.
Mileena NEEDS a much faster F4.
Mileena NEEDS High Pounce to be a true command grab.
Mileena NEEDS Low Pounce to have reduced recovery.
Mileena NEEDS Phase Teleport to have reduced start-up frames.
Mileena NEEDS Phase Teleport to be completely invulnerable for at least 5 seconds.
Mileena NEEDS a general damage buff.
Mileena NEEDS all normals to have 1 frame reduced start up.
Mileena NEEDS all frame gaps to be removed.
Mileena NEEDS increased health regeneration from Bite combos.
Mileena NEEDS D4 to be plus on block.
Mileena NEEDS Air Sai to hid mid.
Mileena NEEDS F23 to be plus on block.
Mileena NEEDS Roll to be 7 frames and have an increased horizontal hitbox.
Mileena NEEDS Teleport to be an overhead.

No need to tag devs. I know you guys have these in mind and will do your best to implement them.

I've accumulated a list of changes the Mileena community has agreed to. These changes were thought out to the point in infallibility.

Mileena NEEDS Phase Teleport to be completely invulnerable for at least 5 seconds.

No need to tag devs. I know you guys have these in mind and will do your best to implement them.
Uhh.... wha...?

Yoaks

A spaceman
I hate OS sometimes... I never use the F12B4~roll because it's been so inconsistent in my experience, I do that to make the Low option safe but most of the times the roll won't come out if ONLY the B4 hits, the whole string has to hit in order for the roll to be an actual option select for some reason, if only the B4 hits, the roll won't come out.

F4~roll/F44 is very useful. F4~roll U will work every single time for me. And so is the 21U4 one.
You can hitconfirm the f12b4 into roll.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You can hitconfirm the f12b4 into roll.
I know. But when it gets blocked she gets a mix-up between the last hit of the string and EX roll, you cannot hit confirm the last hit into roll, but The OS roll doesn't come out if only the last hit hits. Or well, it comes out but the timing is strict so you either get the same problem of roll not coming out on hit or roll coming out on block.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated

-1/10 try harder next time

Yoaks

A spaceman
I know. But when it gets blocked she gets a mix-up between the last hit of the string and EX roll, you cannot hit confirm the last hit into roll, but The OS roll doesn't come out if only the last hit hits. Or well, it comes out but the timing is strict so you either get the same problem of roll not coming out on hit or roll coming out on block.
I've always been able to Roll if the last hit of f12b4 hits.

So the problem with Piercing F12 is the first part uses her sais. Pushes people too far away on block for the barehanded part to connect properly. So the fix for this would likely either have F1 have no knockback at all, (have almost a vacuum like effect), or have the second hit also use her sais.

You're pressing up too early and actually canceling the move entirely. Slow down hitting up, because due to how specials cancel faster on hit than on block you have to delay. I will not lie it definitely feels odd at first.
thanks ill try it out tonight <3

I gotta hhave at least one OS for evo and i like this one.

dph1990

Noob
Do we think there's a likelihood of her getting any more changes in the future? The buffs she's received so far have been amazing but obviously there are still a few minor bugs and things which would help her out, just to complete her. Things like the gaps in Piercing, maybe a small improvement to her non-ex teleport in Ethereal, and a general speed up to her normals. Do you guys think they'll do it, or have we had our lot?

Mileena received buffs almost every patch and she's still considered bottom 5. Imagine if she stayed the same as release when tele was -8 on hit.