What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Jolt

Uprise
Am I the only one that would like u3 to get turned into a special move? Maybe db3? (so Piercing could keep it). My problem is that it doesn't come out 100% of the time even when you input it (reasonably) correctly. I've had times in training where it had u and 3 on the same line and it did a njp and other times where they were separate but u3 came out and vice versa.

On top of that, it would make a nice wakeup against the chronic crossjumpers lol.

Jolt

Uprise
Why is F3, 4, 3 no longer special cancellable? I don't understand NRS at all.
Pretty sure it's to go with the universal damage nerfs. It seems like they made it so most (if not all?) characters can't go over 36-38% without spending meter or using a buff. That was the easiest way to accomplish this change with Mileena.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Pretty sure it's to go with the universal damage nerfs. It seems like they made it so most (if not all?) characters can't go over 36-38% without spending meter or using a buff. That was the easiest way to accomplish this change with Mileena.
Pretty much the conclusion I've come to now

Spent ten minutes post patch in training.

Here what i got with f343. Midscreen

F343, run can, b12 or f23(whichever is easier for you), ball, u3ex, sadistic ways 43%

Bloody difficult, but its doable

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Would rather say it here than a stat but what happened to the days of guys just picking their favorite character, no matter how bad they are, and going out and beating people? I've never witnessed so much bitching in my life. Thankfully, most of the Mileena crowd has that "old school mentality" I'm thinking of. We know our character isn't the best but that doesn't stop us from going out and attempting to prove everyone wrong. 1% of MKX gamers actually play on/at a high level but yet everyone wants their character to be buffed to such a level to make it easier for them. I just don't get that "gimme, gimme, gimme" thought process and respect the grind of guys getting the most out of nothing.

With that said, I really wish y'all the best during your grind sessions. I think our hard work pushing Mileena further is going to pay off in the end.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Would rather say it here than a stat but what happened to the days of guys just picking their favorite character, no matter how bad they are, and going out and beating people? I've never witnessed so much bitching in my life. Thankfully, most of the Mileena crowd has that "old school mentality" I'm thinking of. We know our character isn't the best but that doesn't stop us from going out and attempting to prove everyone wrong. 1% of MKX gamers actually play on/at a high level but yet everyone wants their character to be buffed to such a level to make it easier for them. I just don't get that "gimme, gimme, gimme" thought process and respect the grind of guys getting the most out of nothing.

With that said, I really wish y'all the best during your grind sessions. I think our hard work pushing Mileena further is going to pay off in the end.
i agree completely. i tried getting into other charcters but i just don't feel that connection like i do with Mileena. i have a pocket Kung Lao but the fun just isn't there and i usually end up doing alot better with Mileena in unfavorable matchups anyway. it sucks Mileena doesn't some tools that alot of other characters might have, but she's still the best and the funnest in my book. Mileena 4 life!

Jolt

Uprise

You are so right! Ultimately, I just pick my favorite CHARACTERS in fighters. Sometimes I'll win, sometimes I lose. Sometimes I get a top tier, other times I get a shitter.

Mileena doesn't even play the way I'd like to (rush down pressure mixups all day from this guy) but I feel that learning to play the way SHE is supposed to play is actually making me all around better as I have to slowdown and understand the game.

I'm glad that the Mileena community is as strong and supportive as we are. It definitely makes it a fun place to be around. We know our character isn't perfect, there are some changes we would like, but mostly we just roll with it and make the best.

I guess it IS a bit different when money is on the line because you want to maximize your chances of success, but even then I feel it's more satisfying with the character you love.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I originally picked her cuz of looks. Heheh

But then I found how FUN she was. Rest is history. And after a few tweaks, she could compete! :D
BadBitchez

Love characters like Mileena, their so versatile, have almost all the tools, and can ultimately control the pace of the match and choose how they want to play if they scare their opponent enough.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
If you have any matchup specific tips, it would be much appreciated if you could share and I'll get them added to the Matchup guide I'm (VERY) slowly working on.

Stuff like: Low sai hinders Sub's ability to slide and Ice Clone basically neutralizes EX fade in the corner.

Anything like that for other characters could be beneficial for sure.

I don't think I have any other questions, but your gameplay was definitely eye-opening for me. You utilized a lot of things that my noob-self just didn't even think of. Example: f34 is neutral on block, but I never used it just to check the opponent to both put fear of the overhead in them and see how they would most likely try to block it. Seeing your experienced and high level play is definitely helping me learn.

This next question is a general one for ANYONE (not specifically you): How would you recommend practicing hit confirms? Just going into practice and setting the AI to block random combos and trying to successfully confirm whether to continue or stop?

What even are our hit confirmable starters?

I made the mistake (and bad habit) early on of having a pure mixup mentality. Instead of hit confirming, I learned to predict what the other person will and won't block instead but that causes me tons of missed damage and opportunities when they fail to block something I expected they would and gets me punished with the opposite.
Long post incoming. Generally for me to be able to get good at hit confirms I first get my combos down in training mode to the point that I can execute them even if I had a blindfold over my eyes.

From there I usually like to hit any type of string that allows me 2-hits into a special cancel such as B2,2 & F2,3 which are also the main two strings you will use as Mileena when you are playing footsies & spacing on the ground. Ethereal makes it easier for me to hit confirm due to the fact I can cancel in EX Fade & actually see if my opponent is in hit stun & continue my combo from there. But at the end of the day getting good at hit confirms is all about practice & visually reacting to your moves hitting the opponent & going from there.

Now some match us where I recommend a certain variation vs characters.

Piercing you can use for these reasons (basic description)

•Kitana (Low sai ducks fans & B1,2)
•Sub Zero (Low sai forces neutral & no slides & B1,2)
•Jacqui (Low sai for Full Auto spammers)
•Kano (Low sai for knife throws in Cutthroat & Commando & B1,2)
•Johnny Cage (Low sai for zoning battle & B1,2)

I'll have more for you as time goes on & I get input from you guys.

Ravenous I recommend for. See my earlier thread about Ravenous to understand the full usage of the High Pounce.

•Kitana (you make everything safe with High Pounce)
•Kenshi (everything can be made safe with High Pounce)
•Takeda (everything is safe with High Pounce)

I need the game in front of me so I can properly run through the cast lol. But I will tell you that I use Ravenous vs characters that don't have strong armor break options & have normals or specials greater or at 7 frames. If someone does not have something faster than that then everything can be made safe with High Pounce. Keep in mind you must still deal with armor reversals but you can use the Pounce as a conditioning tool to bait it out easy.

Ethereal I now officially use as my #1 for.

The Entire Cast (Ex Fade gets through any pressure that has gaps in it & the utility of the variation allows for lame defensive play or heavy rushdown) however you can still use the other 2 if you prefer.

But I will always go Ethereal for
•Jax
•Erron Black
•Kung Lao
•Tanya
•Goro
•Tremor
•Cassie Cage
•Sonya
•Predator
•Shinnok (Pre Patch)
•Jason
•Raiden
•Reptile
•Liu Kang

Basically I use Ethereal vs that large chunk of the cast that centers their gameplay on heavy pressure, vortex, & knockdown due to the ability of the EX Fade being able to counteract it.

That's all I got for you guys for now. Once I'm back in ATL i work on this more.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator

F343, run can, b12 or f23(whichever is easier for you), ball, u3ex, sadistic ways 43%

I did the same combo & got 44% in Ravenous.

Jolt

Uprise

I did the same combo & got 44% in Ravenous.
Just quoted so we'd have all 3 damages in the same place, but I got 40% in Ethereal (4u31+2 ender)

Timing's kinda tight (I can barely do it on stick, which I'm a little new to, but can do it consistently on pad) can do Fun Ride ender for 38%

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Couldn't agree more about the complainers, which, for some bizarre reason the NRS community seems to have more than its fair share of.

Thankfully, the Mileena players here, besides for a few who are still confused by the F3 changes, are much more willing to adapt.

Speaking of, if Roll isn't working as an anti-air, try B3 or Tele-Kick.

Saltface, as always, thanks for the match up info.