What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
hey guys, i wanted to ask. i'm not one for following tier lists, i like to go by what i experience myself playing the game. but, why is that Mileena is considered low-mid tier? is this purely from a offline/tournament perspective? in my opinion she's so much better than what alot of people make her out to be. she has damage, versatility, and a whole lot of mix-ups if used properly, can make life hell for your opponent. maybe it's that i'm an online warrior that i see things alot differently. alot of my friends i play with say that Mileena is one of their, if not the most difficult match-up for them. and they're good players too. idk, what do u guys think?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
hey guys, i wanted to ask. i'm not one for following tier lists, i like to go by what i experience myself playing the game. but, why is that Mileena is considered low-mid tier? is this purely from a offline/tournament perspective? in my opinion she's so much better than what alot of people make her out to be. she has damage, versatility, and a whole lot of mix-ups if used properly, can make life hell for your opponent. maybe it's that i'm an online warrior that i see things alot differently. alot of my friends i play with say that Mileena is one of their, if not the most difficult match-up for them. and they're good players too. idk, what do u guys think?
Because a lot of people don't know the Mileena match up. She is no where close to bottom 5.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
She's definitely not low tier. She's just not an obvious, easy win character, because she doesn't have 50/50s or insane pressure, but as people have been saying, Ethereal really lets her get around these match ups, so, personally, I think she's quite good. Especially as a counter pick character.

Jolt

Uprise
I think it's the Mileena skill gap. Not even skill per se now that I'm thinking about it. Mileena is an extremely mindful character and fighting with or against her becomes almost a pure battle of wits.

Mileena has the tools to have options, basically the jack of all trades type deal. She takes some thought, effort, and planning which is what keeps her from top tier in this game.

Unlike most characters, we don't have a set plan. To win we need to go with the flow

My first instinct was actually to say that her issue was frames, but really we have a lot that is safe. Just not much that is positive on block.

What we need is better pokes and she'd be complete lol.

I would still say Mileena is solid upper middle tier on her own. She has tools, but not a lot of dirt. She's surprisingly honest if people know what to look for lol.

I can honestly say just about every match I lose, I beat myself. Didn't make the right reads, missed a hit confirm, etc. It has rarely been that my character just couldn't deal with what was coming at me

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Going off the Yomi MU chart, Mileena suffers from SF4 Ken syndrome. A whole lot of even matchups, a few bad MUs here and there, but doesn't really dominate anyone in particular. IMO she's a jack of all trades that doesn't excel in any particular area and to win consistently with her you have to good set of fundamentals. Since she doesn't have any particularly strong tools, theres no crutch to hide player weakness.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Essentially what people have said above. The reason I feel Mileena is considered low tier is because there is a strong perception that she has to take risks at all times to get in (which isn't true) and she doesn't really have a simple gameplan/autopilot tactic compared to other members in the roster.

Honestly I believe she is a very good character that requires a lot of smarts and good fundamentals to be successful as well as very good matchup knowledge. Then again I have a polarising view on the character ranging from high mid to near bottom 5 so don't trust my opinion lol.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
good points guys. i honestly believe she's amazingly good. from my experience, having success with Mileena requires you to condition your opponent. having grinded many, many sets with different players, and giving them alot of Mileena match-up experience, constantly changing up the way i play always throws them off. i think she's a special kind of character. she's high tier in her own way. no, she can't rush down and do chained fists and stay safe with ex hat spin, but those mix-ups though...they're a mindf*** lol. i think after playing her for as long as i have i just can't see her as low tier. u really develop a play style with Mileena and when you have it down, Mileena is quite a formidable opponent.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Idk what it is I always end up playing the characters in fighting games that require strong fundamentals to win with. In MKX it's Mileena, in Injustice it was Harley, in Killer Instinct it's Orchid, & in USF4 I play Juri.

I'm glad people believe me when I say Mileena is mid-tier & it takes a certain type of player to bring out her best character atributes. I know for a fact that this character is no where near Bottom 5 & idc what anyone says. Don't believe me? Well once I beat it into you you'll believe me then lol.

SaltFace NS

Trust me guys when I tell you this. THE BEST WAY TO PLAY MILEENA is reactionary based.

What does that mean well it's simple. When someone throws a projectile at you then react immediately with a teleport kick to their dome. If they jump at you react with Ball Roll for a full combo punish. If they are spamming low kicks on you use your new low crushing F3 to beat it etc etc.

Basically this here is what I do with Mileena along with lots of conditioning with stagger strings, throws, footsies, projectiles, & High/Low mixup. This is how I've had so much success with her.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Trust me guys when I tell you this. THE BEST WAY TO PLAY MILEENA is reactionary based.

What does that mean well it's simple. When someone throws a projectile at you then react immediately with a teleport kick to their dome. If they jump at you react with Ball Roll for a full combo punish. If they are spamming low kicks on you use your new low crushing F3 to beat it etc etc.

Basically this here is what I do with Mileena along with lots of conditioning with stagger strings, throws, footsies, projectiles, & High/Low mixup. This is how I've had so much success with her.
Can agree with this 100%. The tools she has perfectly reinforce, and complement, this play style.

Shes a beast.

I find good cryomancer sz tough, grandmaster i shut down 9 times out of ten with piercing. Low sai all day. Agitate and punish.

Make them fear the overhead roll

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Idk what it is I always end up playing the characters in fighting games that require strong fundamentals to win with. In MKX it's Mileena, in Injustice it was Harley, in Killer Instinct it's Orchid, & in USF4 I play Juri.

I'm glad people believe me when I say Mileena is mid-tier & it takes a certain type of player to bring out her best character atributes. I know for a fact that this character is no where near Bottom 5 & idc what anyone says. Don't believe me? Well once I beat it into you you'll believe me then lol.
I remember when YOMI came out with their Pre Evo tier list and you were saying Mileena was bottom 5 :DOGE (you or Mr.Mileena) lol

SaltFace NS

I remember when YOMI came out with their Pre Evo tier list and you were saying Mileena was bottom 5 :DOGE (you or Mr.Mileena) lol
I've never EVER said Mileena was bottom 5. My teammates did when they made their tier list (that I had no input in whatsoever) but I felt that she was extremely underestimated as a character.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Took a few days off after being bodied at my local. Lost to the same garbage f22 (maybe b22) then bug spray D'Vorah move. So dumb that leaves her +25 on block and +40 on hit iirc. I even lost to apiercing Mileena. I caught like 6 straight jip with high pounces but never extended them so that loss was my fault. I got caught up watching him play.

Completely lost confidence and once again thought about bringing one of my other characters out but I only want to win with Mileena.

So I'm back in the saddle. Struggling with Ethereal as somehow I keep cancelling into the backwards fade. I'll go in that thread for tips tho