What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

I'm glad she got some better frames as that is mainly what I wanted. Still waiting on telekick to be overhead.... The F3 chance doesn't effect my game plan as much but its good to see that the damage is still there

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
@YOMI RM SaltFace

I know you end in U3 midscreen for the knockdown oki setup, but it hurt me how you would cash out at 23 when you could cash out at 27+ percent.

Even ending your bnb's into B22~Sai for meter build will net you a nasty oki setup with Run Forward Ex Fade. If they wakeup they die. Other than that, why u3 over 21U4 enders?
I know I dan get 27%+ at times but the number one reason I didn't was due to the fact I would run under their bodies & change positioning so it wouldn't allow for much of a follow up. I prefer U3 for multiple reasons.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I know I dan get 27%+ at times but the number one reason I didn't was due to the fact I would run under their bodies & change positioning so it wouldn't allow for much of a follow up. I prefer U3 for multiple reasons.
But wouldn't 21U4 give you an identical splat?

For instance, 21~roll, B34~sai 21U4

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
This might have already been asked, or discussed in the patch notes, so in advance, sorry for redundancy, is anyone else not being able to connect f343 teleport? Or even roll? Is it no longer special cancelable?

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
This might have already been asked, or discussed in the patch notes, so in advance, sorry for redundancy, is anyone else not being able to connect f343 teleport? Or even roll? Is it no longer special cancelable?
It's not special cancelable anymore but you can still combo after F343.

F343 - F23 xx Roll into whatever ender you want for example.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Haven't had a chance to read through everyone's new combos but I did, by accident honestly, found out that 4u3 1+2 can be used as an ender. Am I late to the party on this finding?

Always seemed to get push back on 4 prepatch.

Edit: Just tried it on a simple 123 roll njp --- that was 19% 4u3 1+2 tacked on another 9%

Jolt

Uprise
Haven't had a chance to read through everyone's new combos but I did, by accident honestly, found out that 4u3 1+2 can be used as an ender. Am I late to the party on this finding?

Always seemed to get push back on 4 prepatch.

Edit: Just tried it on a simple 123 roll njp --- that was 19% 4u3 1+2 tacked on another 9%
A little late, but still nice of you to share lol. Unfortunately, other enders still seem superior. It's half decent if you want to maintain certain positioning though.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
A little late, but still nice of you to share lol. Unfortunately, other enders still seem superior. It's half decent if you want to maintain certain positioning though.
Ender really for Ethereal since it doesn't have many options besides rider and u3

Jolt

Uprise
Ender really for Ethereal since it doesn't have many options besides rider and u3
Yeah, I was just thinking that. Actually, I messed with it a little more and it isn't a BAD ender for Piercing. I think it gives more advantage than Sadistic Ways and connects in some combos that wouldn't connect otherwise. Also it keeps you on the same side (As opposed to fun ride). I'll be making some use of it now as I think it definitely has a place. If you link combos with b34~sai in ethereal instead of jik~teleport sai, ending in 4u32+1 actually increases damage by 1 percent too.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Since this always seem to change with every patch has anyone checked whether to see B3 xx telekick combos have changed in anyway? Are they the same as the last patch? Easier? Harder etc.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
As a non-Mileena player, I'm intrigued.

Why the hell did they take away the cancel advantage from her F344 and/or F343? Is there a reason for this? Her overhead was already reactable af.

TheGabStandard

Why the hell did they take away the cancel advantage from her F344 and/or F343? Is there a reason for this? Her overhead was already reactable af.
I can only guess that since they gave F3 the ability to crush lows having those strings combo to high meterless damage would be too powerful. Apart from that I cannot think of any other reason, and even that one is a stretch in being a valid reason. Maybe if they sped up F3 by maybe 10 frames I could understand them doing something like this. But there is always a positive from a negative and new combos have now been made that has similar damage, so everything is good.

delbuster

hungry
f3 went from like 43 meterless to like 37ish in piercing as far as i know. the numbers might be higher im new to the char

Jolt

Uprise

I think it was an effort to get all characters around the same damage level and remove some power creep.

It looks to me like with the possible exception of characters that buff themselves, NRS doesn't want anyone doing over 40 percent meterless.

I think they did this instead of damage scaling because it would only impact the one string which is all we needed adjusted

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I hit 38% meterless midscreen with ravenous. This combo in piercing might be even higher because of sadistic way ender
jump kick telekick air sai, run F23 roll, F23 low/high pounce for ravenous OR B212+4 in piercing
#toomuchdamage #nerfplz
imo the change of F3 strings is more positive, especially when option selects are removed. F344 is safe and create space for yolo roll or B12 footsie in piercing or B22 in other two. F343 is unsafe launcher, but it's possible to hit confirm (press 3 or 4) to make it safer

TheGabStandard

I hit 38% meterless midscreen with ravenous. This combo in piercing might be even higher because of sadistic way ender
jump kick telekick air sai, run F23 roll, F23 low/high pounce for ravenous OR B212+4 in piercing
#toomuchdamage #nerfplz
I used to do this combo in Piercing and with Sadistic Ways it was 38% so I imagine unless there was a stealth buff the damage would be the same. The only issue is with Piercing B21 in Sadistc Ways takes quite a bit of practice to hit due to the tiny hitbox of 1 in that string

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i apologize that this is off-topic but how do i get the piercing mileena icon under my avatar? sorry, thanks lol.