What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I for some reasons thought they were going to release even more DLC and have two guest charcters. I don't know where I got that from though :/ But if it's true then why not both? Sweet Tooth is ana excellent choice as well :)

Was skimming through Boon's Twitter to see if I missed anything and on the 4th of Feb. he posted this reply:
Maybe he legitimately just wanted to try this new Oreo treat :p
I know, another guess is confirmed, it's just that I feel Sweet tooth is a spot wasted. There goes my hopes for T-800 and Predator together in MKX :(.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I remember them stating that this time there are no console exclusive characters. From an interview i believe
They've stated a lot of things that changed over time. I'm not saying a couple of tweets is 100%, but it does seem more likely than not given Boon's recent trends and would satisfy the very recent "guess characters comment they made.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I feel like he is just screwing around ....
I mean for one those cookies are really good...
everyone then jumped on him about if its a hint or not so he went ham on BS hints...standard Boon

trufenix

bye felicia
I think he was just in ultra troll mode and wanted to mention some of the most requested characters to get "troll on twitter" from his daily bucket list.
Alot of people tweet him Sweet Tooth all the time.
It doesn't matter what he posts. He could post about actual game info or just post about his lunch, people would turn it into a huge elaborate da vinci code puzzle regardless.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'll mark out so hard if Tremor is in. By far the coolest character to never be included as fully playable in the history of the series in my opinion.

Smoke and Rain would be cool, too. I really think NRS is adding characters who they think they could do a lot of stuff with variation-wise. Smoke and Rain both fit that category.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Bravely defaults gotta be an anagram. Given the sweet tooth tweet I'm guessing a trailer for the first round of dlc is inbound.
That's what I thought, but it might actually be a Fujin hint. I posted it in another thread but here's what I got:

After having no luck finding relevant anagrams I just looked up Bravely Default. Turns out it's a spiritual successor to one of the Final Fantasy games, it's a role playing game with combat elements in it. Scrolled down the Wikipedia page to the first subsection on plot where it began to describe the four main characters. The first character Agnes Oblige?

A wind vestal.

Edit: Wait a minute, it was this thread lmaoooooooooooo. Post 302.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Some Pre-order/Kombat Pass talk from Boon as well as a response to a troll:
Boon also mentioning some deadly tools with his tester talk: