What's new

General/Other - Shinnok The Downplayers of Bone Shaper Shinnok

Maxter

Noob
WTF is wrong with this community? why there is always crying about a new character being broken or too goodt each week?, and also top players supporting the drama?, Soon, who would we be calling broken? You will start seeing brokenness when the end of patching comes I promise!!!!!!!!! If NRS don't stop listening to all this drama they will ruin this game completely, lots of people are quitting because of this too.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
WTF is wrong with this community? why there is always crying about a new character being broken or too goodt each week?, and also top players supporting the drama?, Soon, who would we be calling broken? You will start seeing brokenness when the end of patching comes I promise!!!!!!!!! If NRS don't stop listening to all this drama they will ruin this game completely, lots of people are quitting because of this too.
I wish you would have brought this last week before they obliterated Tanya.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
You can thank the community. They haven't got it for over four years, what are you expecting to change? This is us controlling the meta baby. It's what the smallest fraction of the NRS Top Player Illuminati want right? :DOGE:REO:16Bit

D. R.

Noob
This is the EXACT sentiment you had towards pre nerf Tanya. You wanted her toned down and now people want your character toned down.

#BitterSweeeeetSymphony
Lmao Man, shut up.

If you didn't think tele needed to be touched then you're a fucking idiot, like seriously, and that goes for all of you Tanya wannabes. That was literally the only issue I had with the character as well as other competent players. KB stilll has amazing damage output, chip and move set to do basically whatever the fuck she wants. You all just can't tele like fairies anymore since that broke the essence of the stamina system, yet NRS didn't even get that right since you can still special cancel upon touching the ground. It's still the same fucking character. You think Reo or MIT would use her if not? lol Shinnok is just the flavor of the week.

Now, please don't post stupid shit just to post stupid shit just to look cute.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I'll show up late to the party and say the same "so no one is really allowed to do well with any character for any length of time before the crying starts?" that I'm sure a shitton of people pointed out already.

I'll be the odd man out and admit to considering M2Dave a quality member and S+ troll but this thread is bogus on either front.

This is the first big tourney after Shinnok got major buffs, no? But it's not just a big tournament, it's like... the BIGGEST tournament. I'll draw another SCV comparison here. Long and short of it: SCV shits on this game in terms of balance. Tira popped out of nowhere and won SCV's only Evo. No one on 8wayrun was like "TIRA IS TOP TIER", nah it was generally attributed to lack of matchup knowledge because she was a super uncommon character. It's the same deal here but Shinnok is also in Flavor of the Month territory.

I know it's fun to point how MKX is only slightly more complex than masturbation but Jesus... Just Jesus. Jesus jesus jesus jesus jesus. Matchup knowledge does help.

Also WTF does it even matter? Even if this thread holds water rather than hot air, who gives a flying fuck if this game has one more 50/50 character that's way too strong? He'll blend right the hell in. I just can't push this boulder up this fucking hill anymore. It DOESN'T matter. If this game had some variety I'd be like "YEAH FUCK SHINNOK" but it doesn't and Shinnok was buffed to play the coinflip that's being offered. He's in line with everything so the complaint is moot from the start.

Also, I watched pools. Noticed Wound's Shinnok and maybe a few other. I also noticed an infinite fuckton of Tempest Lao randos. Where's that salt being mined?

Trend hopping crybabies.

Wigy

There it is...
And I love how the Sub Zero community always gets blamed for it, when in reality it's always his haters. I said that I didn't want to use Sub Zero as an example simply because I wanted to avoid someone starting this argument about him being top tier when it's really all just opinions that we've all heard a million times, with absolutely no supporting evidence. In response, someone singles out the fact that I asked NOT to use him as an example because of this reason (out of post making a completely different statement relevant to the thread) shares his opinion that sub-zero is top tier with no supporting evidence, the argument begins as usual, and now of course:

We have posts like this.

Just moronic.
:coffee:

Hate to say i told you so.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I wish you would have brought this last week before they obliterated Tanya.
Obliterated?

There's a lot of hyperbole going on here. A meta takes a looong time to develop. How can Shinnok be broken, we haven't had the game long enough to know, we haven't had the results. He's very good and very easy to use, sure, but why is he broken? Why can't he be overcome? How many 7-3 or better matchups does he have? We can't answer any of theses questions because no concrete (or even remotely solid) knowledge has been gathered.

Like, for the first 6 months everyone thought Urien was the best character in 3S. After the meta developed he ended up around 8-9th place on the tier list... There's literally no way to know so early.

Also
They should be tar and feathered imo. EVO is half Boneshaper FFS. Most of which being week 1.
If half of EVO is Boneshaper and not 1 made it to top 8, doesn't that say more about how he's not broken than how he is broken?

Like seriously, all the BS whiners, if EVO's full of Boneshaper's, and not one placed top 8, how can he be so broken? He should have the highest chance of placing on numbers alone, and where is he?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lmao Man, shut up.

If you didn't think tele needed to be touched then you're a fucking idiot, like seriously, and that goes for all of you Tanya wannabes. That was literally the only issue I had with the character as well as other competent players. KB stilll has amazing damage output, chip and move set to do basically whatever the fuck she wants. You all just can't tele like fairies anymore since that broke the essence of the stamina system, yet NRS didn't even get that right since you can still special cancel upon touching the ground. It's still the same fucking character. You think Reo or MIT would use her if not? lol Shinnok is just the flavor of the week.

Now, please don't post stupid shit just to post stupid shit just to look cute.
Doing teleport and canceling into a move while landing is a total gimmick in any variation but Pyro. You have to stand there and just let her do it in order for her to get anything off of it. Like you can d2 during the teleport or when she;s landing. Total gimmick.

Shes still top 5 easily though. Doesnt even need teleports anymore in Kobu.

D. R.

Noob
Doing teleport and canceling into a move while landing is a total gimmick in any variation but Pyro. You have to stand there and just let her do it in order for her to get anything off of it. Like you can d2 during the teleport or when she;s landing. Total gimmick.

Shes still top 5 easily though. Doesnt even need teleports anymore in Kobu.
I know the character. I learned her after CEO. But thank you for agreeing she is still top 5.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I don't think Shinnok is broken.

What I do think is that he is an incredibly easy to use top tier character, that representation will stay high and results will increase as players improve with him.
That whole post wasn't directed at you. I can see why it might look that way though. It's sort of a three parter, the first part being that obliterated is hardly the right word to describe Tanya's normalization.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That whole post wasn't directed at you. I can see why it might look that way though. It's sort of a three parter, the first part being that obliterated is hardly the right word to describe Tanya's normalization.
Normalization isn't the word I would used either. Maybe for Kobu it was, but for Pyro it really, reallyyy sucked.