What's new

General/Other - Shinnok The Downplayers of Bone Shaper Shinnok

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I will say Bone Shaper got overbuffed. I have said on many occasions that his fireball was given too much with the +8 advantage on hit. Everything else is fine, it's just he shouldn't have more than one way to pressure the opponent on plus frames, he should have to do it with Hellsparks like the other variations.
I don't think he got overbuffed. I think he got buffed the right amount. He's a really solid character, possibly top tier. THAT'S THE GODDAMN GOAL.

Not directed at you, but I think a lot of people here could benefit from losing this notion of Top Tier = Bad. Top tier is love, top tier is life. Be happy you have that option if you enjoy the Bone Shaper variation.

Also you can't even say Shinnok was overbuffed. What is overbuffed when you were completely unfinished and the dictionary definition of limpdick uselessness at launch? Shinnok can actually hold his own in a non-embarrassing way now.

Don't disparaged that. Revel in it like a pig in a shitpile.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know the character. I learned her after CEO. But thank you for agreeing she is still top 5.
I'll just say this:

If you hit someone with forward teleport, land into b1 2+4 you are completely in that persons head and should proceed to go ham lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I should REALLY tear into each and every one of you dumb fucks but I'll let it slide. Hopefully your public displaces of ignorance will be enough for you all to finally stfu and learn match up.
By this logic, any tourney Zod and Batgirl didn't make Top 8 when Pig and Fox weren't there was proof that the characters were overrated.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't think he got overbuffed. I think he got buffed the right amount. He's a really solid character, possibly top tier. THAT'S THE GODDAMN GOAL.

Not directed at you, but I think a lot of people here could benefit from losing this notion of Top Tier = Bad. Top tier is love, top tier is life. Be happy you have that option if you enjoy the Bone Shaper variation.

Also you can't even say Shinnok was overbuffed. What is overbuffed when you were completely unfinished and the dictionary definition of limpdick uselessness at launch? Shinnok can actually hold his own in a non-embarrassing way now.

He is definitely top tier, if he is broken or not is going to be discovered soon I guess, but he is really, really good and nobody can deny that.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Honestly the QQing on here is probably more likely to make people leave than the patches after this thread.

Four years and the same shit still goes on. People still cry about characters like they were Kabal or on-release Superman, OP DLC, which Low Tier got buffed into top like Bane.

Goddamn it's like if the community is blind to everything. Like play the goddamn game, discuss shit, but don't make ridiculous tier accusations not even a month in with these patches. You think this is bad? Just wait til the patches stop, then everyone will find something to cry about again except nothing can fix it besides a generous hotfix.

Stay classy TYM.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan

I disagree a bit, but I would also say it's too early to tell. I still think that fireball buff was overgenerous, and Impostor was solid anyway without Bone Shaper being good.

You think I care about tier whoring? Hell no, I'd do exactly what everyone else is doing: Abusing the patch system and meta to my advantage, which is exactly what most players have been doing since the game was released.

I'd argue you're not gonna see what the final game really looks like til patch support is done.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
He is definitely top tier, if he is broken or not is going to be discovered soon I guess, but he is really, really good and nobody can deny that.
Sorry but, meh to this whole notion. This community yells "TOP TIER" at the slightest indication of success. The tierlist isn't even going to be remotely valid until this time next year.

I don't doubt he's a solid character, I don't doubt that he's top tier, but that doesn't mean I think he is either. We just don't know. This shit takes time.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's just funny that all the Boneshaper crying and people saying he's too good and super broken, yet he doesn't even make top 8 when there's like 500 of them in top 128.

D. R.

Noob
It's just funny that all the Boneshaper crying and people saying he's too good and super broken, yet he doesn't even make top 8 when there's like 500 of them in top 128.
None of those fraudulent BS Shinnoks would get past Big D or Gross. FL had the answer, as I've mentioned numerous times for these scrubs.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I disagree a bit, but I would also say it's too early to tell. I still think that fireball buff was overgenerous, and Impostor was solid anyway without Bone Shaper being good.

You think I care about tier whoring? Hell no, I'd do exactly what everyone else is doing: Abusing the patch system and meta to my advantage, which is exactly what most players have been doing since the game was released.

I'd argue you're not gonna see what the final game really looks like til patch support is done.
Man, if you're abusing the patch system to your advantage, you wouldn't be saying fireball was overbuffed.

Idgaf really. I've still got the good taste to not exactly play this game. My main contention here is that this thread is a fat sack of infinite shit because if Necromancer got a similar relative buff to the Flick and ground hand, M2Dave would've never posted this shit.