What's new

General/Other - Shinnok The Downplayers of Bone Shaper Shinnok

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Man, if you're abusing the patch system to your advantage, you wouldn't be saying fireball was overbuffed.

Idgaf really. I've still got the good taste to not exactly play this game. My main contention here is that this thread is a fat sack of infinite shit because if Necromancer got a similar relative buff to the Flick and ground hand, M2Dave would've never posted this shit.
You could say the same thing when Sonic was saying he hoped Tanya got nerfed and still mained her throughout the rest of the tournament at CEO.

At this point I really think the scene is just taking a massive shit on the patch/DLC system. I really think pro players not only pick these characters because they have the best chance to win and matchup unfamiliarity, they also do it with the knowledge they know how NRS operates.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
God this community.

It's still too early to tell. Simple as that.

kneejerkneejerkneejerk

Also, I'm disappointed in every single person who bandwagoned onto Shinnok after the buffs. Seriously find a character and stick with them, if you keep trying to win with top tiers instead of sticking with your guns and polishing your playstyle, you have no chance of winning. It certainly exposed the weaknesses in certain players.

RM_NINfan101

Most definitely top 10. Possibly top 5.

Keep in mind that the best Shinnok player lost to the arguably best Mortal Kombat X player who arguably uses the best character in the game.
Oh wow, last I checked, didn't Sonic have to switch to Kitana to *gasp* counterpick against Mustard?

A character no one has in their top ten?

Don't tell me it's just because it's Sonic, because I think this whole community sometimes deserves a massive blowup in what they perceive things to be and spouting awful, awful information. This site can get pretty damn toxic and posts like this explain why: You can't trust a pro player's opinion on a lot of things. Always seems like someone is card-sharking. The lack of footsies and ability to adapt have damned this scene for the longest time.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It's just funny that all the Boneshaper crying and people saying he's too good and super broken, yet he doesn't even make top 8 when there's like 500 of them in top 128.
Well, this is of course conceding to the notion that tournament success = tier placement which isn't at all the case and really shouldn't be.

Eddie has virtually always been the epitome of top tier design in Guilty Gear games but he places in remarkably few tournaments for a variety of different reasons. So a lot of Boneshaper hacks didn't place top 8 at Evo like three weeks after he actually became part of the metagame. Doesn't mean much.

OR IT COULD MEAN EVERYTHING.

Play the game and find out.

RM_NINfan101

Also, I'm disappointed in every single person who bandwagoned onto Shinnok after the buffs. Seriously find a character and stick with them, if you keep trying to win with top tiers instead of sticking with your guns and polishing your playstyle, you have no chance of winning. It certainly exposed the weaknesses in certain players.
It'll never stop, it's always gonna be like this with the current system. People gotta level up and play against everything nowadays and expect this to happen. Expect a new flavor of the month when Tremor comes out.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX

EDIT: Wrong thread lol. But I'm leaving it here anyways.
Which seems statistically weird to me because when I was watching pools, I remember being happy to see what was apparently every member of the black dragon playing MKX at Evo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Which seems statistically weird to me because when I was watching pools, I remember being happy to see what was apparently every member of the black dragon playing MKX at Evo.
Yup very true. Pretty much every Kano you can name was at EVO all in different pools from each other. Yet, they were so held back from their Sheeva-like character that they couldn't overcome the massive astronomical odds stacked against them.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well, this is of course conceding to the notion that tournament success = tier placement which isn't at all the case and really shouldn't be.

Eddie has virtually always been the epitome of top tier design in Guilty Gear games but he places in remarkably few tournaments for a variety of different reasons. So a lot of Boneshaper hacks didn't place top 8 at Evo like three weeks after he actually became part of the metagame. Doesn't mean much.

OR IT COULD MEAN EVERYTHING.

Play the game and find out.
I don't really care what it means tbh, I'm just happy he didn't make top 8 so I can hear/read less crying than if he did.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Decay played Goro and beat a couple of people leading up to either 64 or 128. Not sure which one though. Farther than Kano. -.-
Fair enough coulda swore a cybernetic Kano made it out of pools though. Probably misremembering. There was a lot of games lol.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I don't really care what it means tbh, I'm just happy he didn't make top 8 so I can hear/read less crying than if he did.
Why on Earth would you want to be exposed to less crying?

... Do... do you not draw strength from it?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Fair enough coulda swore a cybernetic Kano made it out of pools though. Probably misremembering. There was a lot of games lol.
It happens. It's that the character is so monumentally bad that we have to conjure up illusions at times to justify his existence. It's the only way we can cope with it.