What's new

Match Footage Stryker Videos

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
hey guys, I just thought of a new strategy against parry characters. Since D4 beats most of the parry moves if not all, I was thinking maybe we can do empty jump into D4 xx baton sweep or D4xxRoll toss for 11%. we can mostly go for it after a standing 3 reset. What do you guys think?

I found the easiest way to do it is to Tap D4 instead of holding Down then press 4. Baton sweep and roll toss comes a lot easier that way :)

I seriously dont understand the scaling in MK. Roll toss by itself deals 12% but if you do D4xxroll toss it's 11% WTH!!!

Somberness

Lights
Vulcan, I played you in ranked about 9 hours ago. I'm not sure if you recorded or remember but what was that move you did after a blocked jump in punch that I could D1 before it hit? Was it just because you were late or was that known? Or am I remembering wrong? I do a lot of dangerous stuff but hey, I was using Mileena so it comes with the territory. Total luck too as you are only the 2nd Stryker I have ever faced... :(

Vulcan, I played you in ranked about 9 hours ago. I'm not sure if you recorded or remember but what was that move you did after a blocked jump in punch that I could D1 before it hit? Was it just because you were late or was that known? Or am I remembering wrong? I do a lot of dangerous stuff but hey, I was using Mileena so it comes with the territory. Total luck too as you are only the 2nd Stryker I have ever faced... :(
I can't remember our match, I played a lot of Mileenas lately lol. What's your GT again?

Maybe I was trying to go for a throw if you say you kept poking me out after my jump punch.

Somberness

Lights
edit: It was back 2, you can in fact duck it after a blocked jump in punch... I guess every really high hitting move that takes at least 19 frames can be ducked. I know you can duck/jump Mileena's up 4 but you will get caught either way.

edit2: You can actually do a really low to the ground jump punch so you can't duck b2.

Oh I see.. I didn't really know that thanks.

B2 is a normal I hope NRS will slightly buff. The way I see it, they either need to make it hit special mid in some way or reduce it's start up/recovery frames. That would be awesome.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
GGs to RamenO and D_Matt yesterday.

@RamenO your stryker is solid, but you were a little too predicitable a the beginning. You were doing a full combo string on block which leaves no room for mixups. I am impressed tho with the dash back gunshot against my jumping. You noticed that I was abusing the regular jumpings and you dashed back to give yourself room and forced me to land on the gunshots. I'm gonna have to borrow this from you :). Towards the end you were less predictable. You went for more throws,and you didn't go for the full B3,2 and went for the throw instead. As you can see stryker is very dirty up close lol. You have a crazy Liu kang man, far more interesting to watch than any lk that I have ever faced.

@D_Matt nice stryker as well :) glad I finally got to play you too. It took me a couple matches to figure your stryker out lol. Nice gun cancel mixup off of a B1,2. Don't do it too often tho. I could've abused D2 or D3 to poke you out of it. Also try not to do the standing 4 too much after the B3,2 string on block. As you can see I was able to jump over and punish with full combo. As for your sheeva, I had no real answer for her :-( I'm so not use to this matchup lol. I still don't know what she's really capable of. Nice scorp as well. That EN hell fire you kept doing after a knocked down, is that a guarantee damage? Maybe I was too slow on my EN roll toss. I got hit by every single one of them.

You guys got some nasty solid alt. Both strykers are solid as well. Glad to see we have more cops on psn. I noticed you both did a B3,2 on block followed by 1,2. Am I missing something there because it is extremely unsafe from what I can see. The only use that I could think of is trying to anticipate a cross jump or something.

Edit: hey RamenO, how did you do at the tournament?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Also try not to do the standing 4 too much after the B3,2 string on block. As you can see I was able to jump over and punish with full combo.

I noticed you both did a B3,2 on block followed by 1,2. Am I missing something there because it is extremely unsafe from what I can see.
B3, 2 is pretty awesome. I also like using it a lot for frame traps even if it's risky.

Just like standing 2, it looks unsafe on block but it's safer than it seems. It kinda leaves both players at neutral advantage. I'm guessing B3,2 is -1 or -3 at worst. I can't count the number of times I outpoked my opponent after he blocked my B3,2 and tried to punish me. I'm not sure but if Matt did an uppercut instead of a 4 I think he would've catched your jump. He also could've backdashed into standing 4.

Another thing I like to do is follow it up with an EN roll toss or EN baton sweep, because I just KNOW 99% of the time they're going to press a button after they block it. :)

This is the first time I fight a Kenshi online and I haven't downloaded him so I had no clue how to deal with his tele stuff. I wasn't sure how punishable his specials were on block but it seems like Stryker can't really zone in this match even with frame advantage. So I tried to rush him down, dash blocking, using EN roll toss and trying to jump over his clones. But jumping on Kenshi is always a gamble because he can go for that srk sword whatever it's called.

This guy wasn't even that good yet he was still giving me trouble with his tele-bitchslaps. I can only imagine how hard it would've been vs a high level Kenshi. Matchup seems worse than Ermac and Jade. But not as bad as Kabal so I would say it's 3-7.

EDIT: Hmm... by looking at the video again, seems like his specials have enough recovery to be punishable by a gun shot or maybe a roll toss. Not entirely sure though. Anyone knows how much recovery Kenshi has on his specials?

I don't have a whole lot of experience vs Sonya tbh. Anyone know what's Stryker's best punish vs Sonya's dive kicks? I need to practice defending against her without using so much EN roll toss. I still find Johnny Cage and Kitana scarier up close than Sonya and Jax though.

And some pretty awesome fights vs Sektor:

I got so lucky in the end. He should've won that round.

I love that matchup for some reason. You have to play so smart and the footsies battle is pretty intense. They're both toe to toe in all departments and ranges.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
This kenshi player rely too much on his specials. kenshi got a fantastic mixup up close. I dont recall seeing any of them lol

Kenshi has a hard time up close. none of his specials will get him out of cross up pressure. this is one opponent you definitely dont want to fight at full screen. The shoulder charge is safe from jumping distance. Rising karma (up slash) is not safe, especially up close. After blocking it up close you can dash and 1,1 xx. Not sure if you will have time to do a B3 or B1 (maybe B1). The downward sword is a good tool to prevent wake up attacks after a should charge. to my knowledge it is the most unsafe out of all his move because it has longer recovery. Also be on the look out for his reflect move. It might be a little hard for kenshi player to successfully reflects stryker's bullets given how fast they are, but you never know they can get you off guard on wake up. I dont know how safe telefurry is, but it does recover pretty fast.

Check out this video to learn more about him

I think Teef did a good job at fleshing him out. It should be also on the front page.

Thanks man that video really helped. I figured his defense sucked up close but I didn't know it was that bad. :) So he's basically free vs cross-over jump punches. And I guess tele-fury is the only move Stryker can really punish from far. Good to know. I think I'll be ending my combos with baton sweep vs him. Just to make sure he can't roll back.

But man those safe on block strings make me pretty jealous..

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
But man those safe on block strings make me pretty jealous..
Now you see why I say it's a breeze to play with him compare to stryker lol but np man

BTW I have been thinking, do you think against reptile we can put a B2 out there for the wake up dash? Since B2 seems active for the longest, im wondering if rep would run into it...one can only hope lol

My contribution... and i see that´s my gameplay is diferent from yours... You focus more on mix, for what I see. I try to focus more in damage when i can. Not forgeting some mix of course. Enjoy.

Vulcan... i owe you one... before see some of your videos, i think gun cancel was useless... I think diferent today :p.

RamenO

It Stinks!
GGs to RamenO and D_Matt yesterday.

@RamenO your stryker is solid, but you were a little too predicitable a the beginning. You were doing a full combo string on block which leaves no room for mixups. I am impressed tho with the dash back gunshot against my jumping. You noticed that I was abusing the regular jumpings and you dashed back to give yourself room and forced me to land on the gunshots. I'm gonna have to borrow this from you :). Towards the end you were less predictable. You went for more throws,and you didn't go for the full B3,2 and went for the throw instead. As you can see stryker is very dirty up close lol. You have a crazy Liu kang man, far more interesting to watch than any lk that I have ever faced.
Yeah, towards the end even I was seeing what I was doing wrong. I also hadn't played Stryker in a while, as I'd been working on my alt character(Liu Kang).

PoliceBrutality said:
Edit: hey RamenO, how did you do at the tournament?
I did okay. I got 3rd overall, but I really had a bad case of tournament jitters. After every match my hands were shaking like crazy. I kept dropping Stryker's 39% that starts with B1, 2, 2 with the follow up after gunshot(1, 2 then roll - I kept missing the 2). I also went against a really solid Noob Saibot player who was doing some crazy teleport resets; I had to work my butt off in this matchup. Feels like the gun cancel was made for this match up alone.

Eventually in the end, I doubted myself though. I really didn't feel the Stryker vs. Lao matchup. I eventually just switched on and off with Liu Kang whenever I felt my Stryker wasn't solid enough in the last couple matches, and even though Liu got me to 3rd, I feel it was a mistake. I should have stood my ground and tried adapting even more with the good ole' cop.

Loving Liu Kang, though. :)

@Marcus Vinicius: I like the way you play Stryker. :) You're not afraid to use meter to cover vertical space and keep your opponent locked down, I like that. Some use of meter was questionable though like EN gun shot and EN baton sweep vs Kano. Not sure why you did those. But other than that GGs. I also like the fact that you end your combos in a way to always maximize damage or send opponent as far away from Stryker as possible to start zoning again. This is very smart vs Kano and something I should do more often.

You're right I play a very aggressive Stryker (too aggressive actually). I often like going all out, especially in those matches were zoning isn't really an option. Some of my set ups and mixups are very unsafe but when they work it can lead to 60-70% total damage in a very short time which I like very much. It actually makes people afraid of Stryker up close. :)

Sup, I am a new stryker player. Hey PoliceBrutality you played my jax on my troll account oddfuture190 a couple times, and we also did some stryker mirrors. Does anyone have some footage of stryker vs a real good sub? that matchup is kinda tricky for me? also sometimes my ex roll wont go threw his ice clone which is odd.

Btw PoliceBrutality what did you think of my stryker?

EDIT-
I found one lol on the first page.

EN roll toss only has armor during the start up frames which is a very short time. So basically, it only goes through ice clone if the ice clone is just in front of you. You can't use it at mid-range unfortunately.

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Sup, I am a new stryker player. Hey PoliceBrutality you played my jax on my troll account oddfuture190 a couple times, and we also did some stryker mirrors. Does anyone have some footage of stryker vs a real good sub? that matchup is kinda tricky for me? also sometimes my ex roll wont go threw his ice clone which is odd.

EDIT-
Full punish block ice slides.
Standing 4.
Shoot in face.
Respect wake up slide but disrespect wake up clone.
Don't be scared of Sub Zero in open space its not him your scared of its his ice setups, if you get his back to the wall you can punish all of his desperation attempts with nice and clean anti-air.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!

EDIT-
Hey what's up man, sorry vaguely remember our session :-( but i dont remember you switching from stryker to jax. Must have been a few weeks back, no? Anyway, the more important thing here is that you have joined the brute force lol. It's funny how we are all stryker players and yet play so differently (which is a good thing in my opinion lol). We got fancy cop, dirty cop, tricky cop, nasty cop lol.

As far as the sub matchup, I think we all play it differently but one thing we should all have in common is "PATIENCE". Most of my matches with sub always comes down to less than 15 seconds left on the clock. Vulcan posted a really good video against sub. Try to notice the pattern of the sub player. One thing they all have in common is the need to always put an ice clone on the screen when you are at jumping distance. I play it risk and usually do gunshot even that close a few seconds after the clone disappear. Once you shatter their clones with gunshots a couple of times they wont throw it out there willy nilly anymore. Im still working on this strategy but I think I full screen we should train ourselves to hold the gun(the way Marcus does it) to anticipate slide and trade off.

Don't waste you meter trying to go through ice clones. The only time you should consider it is when you are trap in the corner. At mid screen, just back dash to force the sub player to leave the clone behind. I honestly think stryker always has advantage over sub at mid screen. Once you force them to leave the clone behind you can roll toss to anticipate ice clones or jump in without the fear to fall on clones. Again, that's from my experience. I hardly run into a rush down sub. I know they are out there, one guy from the krazy 88 clan did surprised me with a crazy rush down sub. I must admit it was a thing of beauty lol.

Anyway, remember:
- dont back up too much to the point where you corner yourself.
- Analyze your opponent to see how often he tries to put a clone on the screen. then you can shut it down with gunshot
- Dont waste EN Roll toss to go through ice clones. You would have to be really close to it in order to go through it. I think the best use for it is to get yourself out of corner pressure.
- Abuse gunshot 3/4 of the screen to bait slides

that's all I can think f for now. In a perfect world, stryker vs sub match should be 6-4 in his favor (base on my pretty theory lol) but we all know that sub is a pain to deal with.

Oh yeah, whatever you do, DO NOT JUMP AFTER SUB KNOCK YOU DOWN!!! and it goes both ways, do try to cross jump too much after knocking him down...but im pretty sure you know this already :)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Full punish block ice slides.
Standing 4.
Shoot in face.
Respect wake up slide but disrespect wake up clone.
Don't be scared of Sub Zero in open space its not him your scared of its his ice setups, if you get his back to the wall you can punish all of his desperation attempts with nice and clean anti-air.
Hey foot, are you back on the stryker wagon or are you just stopping by? Let me know when I can face your freddy hehe

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Yo Marcus your stryker is fun to watch lol. in the first video, what the hell happened at 1:20. Reminds me of Dan back dash in SF. Anyway, I think you play this matchup really well. That gunshot in kano's face at the beginning of the second video is questionable tho. Like V mentioned, I also noticed that you are not shy on using your meters. I will give you A- for the way you play this match up. Like I said very entertaining to watch...good spacing and gun cancel to bait ball. You made the opponent know that you control the air. You capitalized on his mistakes...so yeah VGGs. Dont be shy to post some more :-P

"Some use of meter was questionable though like EN gun shot and EN baton sweep vs Kano"

EN Gun shot alone, i think i made by mistake. Heat of combat :D. I just use (aware :p) the EN gun shot to Maximize the "<3, 2" combo. With upper, just do 27%. But dash 1, En gun shot and 4: 34% (both cases starting with Jump punch). Worth of meter I think.

EN Baton Sweep, is good, because oponent try something after the first hit, but sometimes comes a second one.

PoliceB... i read up there... you don´t try to use EN Roll on sub clones mid-screen to?? Is a good way to pressure him. His poor speed, won´t grant good counters, and force a Slide.
oh yes, thx by the A- :D.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
PoliceB... i read up there... you don´t try to use EN Roll on sub clones mid-screen to?? Is a good way to pressure him. His poor speed, won´t grant good counters, and force a Slide.
oh yes, thx by the A- :D.
I dont bother using EN roll toss especially at mid screen because it is pointless. I would have to be right in the clone's face to actually go through it, and no sub player will just put a clone and watch me attempt to go through it lol. They usually spam ice ball or stay clone to it for a 2,2 pressure or throw, or the F4 into ice ball I believe. So I have to keep all of that in mind and still try to go through the clone? too risky in my opinion. Like I said I would use it in a heart beat if I get cornered. I would rather bait the sub user to leave the clone behind or try to shatter it with gunshots

lol, you use more your head than me... Money in my hand, doesn´t last even one day :p.

Guys, i HAVE to post those videos, this guy is very good.

Second Round Owned.

From here is Kung Lao. I need Help.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I only watch the first 3. that third one, when you win an air-to-air punch you can follow it with a dash standing 3 or dash 4 xxroll toss. You can practice standing 4 into roll toss that way ---> B1,2,2 instead of doing a neutral jump punch, you do a forward jump punch and then dash 4 into roll toss. The kabal player didnt seem shy in using his nomad dash. you could have baited some of them. Also, i dont know what it is yet but you gonna have to practice you punish for the dash..quickest i can think of it 1,1 xx gunshot and you should be able to get a cross up after that (need to dash forward first) or B3 xx block. I did noticed that you landed a B1 after blocking a dash tho. If it is possible then he should be open for a full punish. Try to analyze your opponent too. His attack pattern became repetitive i.e jump gas ball---nomad dash. and his up close pressure besides the block trap was the high, high, lox into nomad dash. He was probably trying to condition you for the overhead blades but that could have have gotten away with a lot of punish then. BTW your kabal matches were really HYPE!!! all of then came down to the wire. i will watch the KL later and comment on them.