What's new

Match Footage Stryker Videos

Espio

Kokomo
Here's my Stryker getting bodied by Joker8417 . The first 2 matches aren't Stryker.
You did not get bodied, this is playing the match up really well, it's awesome to see you playing up close footsies with Reptile and not being intimidated by the dash, that helps a lot for sure. I saw you attempted one of those uppercut combos at the end, looks legit :).

My only advice for improvement is for slide punishes,you have to dash forward and then go into your launcher of choice, otherwise it will whiff if you don't do that.

Espio

Kokomo
Some more Stryker matches..The video had audio problems so the audio cuts off at some parts.

You played really well, your spacing is getting better and better :). It requires so much patience to fight a solid Sub-Zero like Cyus.

What I want to add is that to punish Sub-Zero's slide, use Back 2, forward 2 into combo of choice. For some reason Back 1, 2,2 doesn't connect even though it's faster lol, their might be some weird timing to it like Reptile's slide where you have to dash forward and then start a string like back 1,2,2( I imagine that's the case), but you get more damage from back .

I feel like whiff punishment and punishing mistakes is that string's main purpose overall(Back 2, forward 2), but that's just my opinion.

When you use Back 3, 2 he recovers slightly before the back 3 executes, so that one's not really worth it.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
You played really well, your spacing is getting better and better :). It requires so much patience to fight a solid Sub-Zero like Cyus.

What I want to add is that to punish Sub-Zero's slide, use Back 2, forward 2 into combo of choice. For some reason Back 1, 2,2 doesn't connect even though it's faster lol, their might be some weird timing to it like Reptile's slide where you have to dash forward and then start a string like back 1,2,2( I imagine that's the case), but you get more damage from back .

I feel like whiff punishment and punishing mistakes is that string's main purpose overall(Back 2, forward 2), but that's just my opinion.

When you use Back 3, 2 he recovers slightly before the back 3 executes, so that one's not really worth it.
The dropped b1,2,2 after a slide were mostly done on mistiming on my part. It hits most of the time, same with CSZ's slide and Kabal's dash. I prefer b1,2,2 cause when it hits I don't drop the combo as much as I do b2,f2. For some reason I don't use b2,f2, but I will try to use it more often. :) And thank you for watching the fights. :)

Espio

Kokomo
The dropped b1,2,2 after a slide were mostly done on mistiming on my part. It hits most of the time, same with CSZ's slide and Kabal's dash. I prefer b1,2,2 cause when it hits I don't drop the combo as much as I do b2,f2. For some reason I don't use b2,f2, but I will try to use it more often. :) And thank you for watching the fights. :)

Ahh I see, my bad.

I had a similar problem, I wasn't sure if it was the string, distance or timing. I was a bit confused lol.

It's a matter of preference of course, if you're not a fan of the string for punishment, stick to what works best for you, that's what's most important :).

No problem, love seeing how divergent everyone's style is with Stryker:D.

I gotta rewatch some of the charity stream fights you had too as I missed some of them sadly.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Ahh I see, my bad.

I had a similar problem, I wasn't sure if it was the string, distance or timing. I was a bit confused lol.

It's a matter of preference of course, if you're not a fan of the string for punishment, stick to what works best for you, that's what's most important :).

No problem, love seeing how divergent everyone's style is with Stryker:D.

I gotta rewatch some of the charity stream fights you had too as I missed some of them sadly.
Yea, it's sometimes due to timing, but also if Sub does his slide from max range and you barely block it by the tip, then you will need to dash up and do your punisher cause that's usually when it whiffs.

I had a lot of fun playing Insup on stream, and we gave Stryker more exposure lol.

Espio

Kokomo
Yea, it's sometimes due to timing, but also if Sub does his slide from max range and you barely block it by the tip, then you will need to dash up and do your punisher cause that's usually when it whiffs.

I had a lot of fun playing Insup on stream, and we gave Stryker more exposure lol.
That makes sense, good stuff :).

You had to run the bad match up gauntlet of Kabal, Kung Lao, and Reptile lol, glad you had fun. I wish there were more charity streams like this. Getting to play a game, while raising money is so marvelous <3.

I was very happy, I feel we both represented him extremly well haha. I haven't been this proud of my matches in a while with Stryker.

The charity stream got so much Stryker, Baraka, Jade, and even a little Kano love, made me happy :). I should have brought out my Sheeva, I forgot :p.

Espio

Kokomo
Stryker versus Shang Tsung swag <3.

I don't play the match up ideally, but I'm working on it, they are an amazing Shang player too :).

Espio

Kokomo
Blind_Man Very awesome games to him, there's a mirrors series coming soon as well :).

Mirror matches with Blind_Man, these were actually quite fun if anybody is interested in the Stryker mirror, it's like Starfox, so many barrel rolls 0_0.

Espio

Kokomo
EDIT: FOOTAGE FOR BOTH SETS NO LONGER EXISTS

Tons of Shang Tsung matches lately with Stryker, Jade, Sheeva and the gang lol.

I think I'm starting to get how to play this match up correctly after playing quite a few Shang's I like that you have to constantly be on your toes in this match up, playing footsies and spacing your opponent out, it's fun and hopefully this will be helpful.

I got a lot out of our matches :).

http://www.twitch.tv/khaotic_xshangx/b/350647437

Stryker starts at 7:38-15:36

If anyone is curious about the other Jade is first, then Sheeva is right after Stryker.

Below is some friendly matches with AestheticLove and her Jade in Cossner's stream yesterday :).

http://www.twitch.tv/cossner/b/359395695

@2:28:59-2:32:10

Next match was @2:46:49-2:50:10

Espio

Kokomo
I know the MK forums are pretty dead, but I just wanna post some of my last matches I recorded that I never posted in this thread:

PoliceBrutality because I know he requested/wanted up to date Stryker footage, in a couple weeks maybe I'll get more, who knows :).

Blind_Man Kenshi versus Stryker

CongoFury Stryker/Jade versus Sindel/Sheeva tag team matches

DanCock Sindel versus Stryker

Kombat_Kannibal Stryker versus Stryker with some Raiden and Jade

Espio

Kokomo
KOTH matches with Chongo and Hyrule we did last month, not sure if people check here anymore.

We're all pretty rusty, but there are some good fights here despite that.