What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya Patch Changes

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The only guaranteed safe reload I found was this: Starter xx SG , F4 xx SG, SG, Reload does 25% off of B14 and 26% off of B332(early cancel) and even this is inconsistent.

By safe reload I mean that I can block Reptile's EX slide on both tech roll and non-tech roll and I don't pad my damage with Divekick, JIP, B33212 or B332(late cancel).

B332 still whiffs on the 2nd punch so the late cancel is still not a viable hit-confirming tool.

Show me that you can optimize this combo (again, without padding your damage and knowing how to actually test wake-ups) and I'll love you forever.

Kitana and Kano players complaining about only doing 30% when Demo Sonya went from a solid 37% in the corner to 26%. This is a joke.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
except at very max range I do not see the b+3,3,2 whiffing against anyone, even the smaller characters.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
The only guaranteed safe reload I found was this: Starter xx SG , F4 xx SG, SG, Reload does 25% off of B14 and 26% off of B332(early cancel) and even this is inconsistent.

By safe reload I mean that I can block Reptile's EX slide on both tech roll and non-tech roll and I don't pad my damage with Divekick, JIP, B33212 or B332(late cancel).

B332 still whiffs on the 2nd punch so the late cancel is still not a viable hit-confirming tool.

Show me that you can optimize this combo (again, without padding your damage and knowing how to actually test wake-ups) and I'll love you forever.

Kitana and Kano players complaining about only doing 30% when Demo Sonya went from a solid 37% in the corner to 26%. This is a joke.
But Sonya is higher tier-wise than Kitana and Kano. Sonya has mixups for days.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hmm yea you were right. Sonya eats the kick with roll off using 2134. However, I found this... seems ok. Tested with roll off and on.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
except at very max range I do not see the b+3,3,2 whiffing against anyone, even the smaller characters.
All hits leading to the second punch in B332 keeps pushing the opponent/Sonya back so the 2nd punch whiffs even on non-max ranges. I admit, on hit, the forced stand keeps the hit from whiffing but on block it's the same issue as pre-patch.

But Sonya is higher tier-wise than Kitana and Kano. Sonya has mixups for days.
Tier discussion aside, the damage nerf is huge. This is without taking Predator into account who barely got his damage nerfed.

I'm not even mentioning yet the fact that grenades are breakable so even when B14 was a HKD the opponent could break after the last grenade, preventing a safe reload. Now the same thing can still happen and Sonya does far less damage.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What is the character and scenario? I have done this string A LOT. I can only get it to whiff against small characters while starting b+3 at very far away.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
What is the character and scenario? I have done this string A LOT. I can only get it to whiff against small characters while starting b+3 at very far away.
Even now in the lab with Reptile. Set him to duck block. Do B332 at a range where Sonya's foot reaches Reptile's thigh (Closest range hit his groin, max range is phantom hitbox before the knee). It will inconsistently whiff and hit. I think it's because of the breathing hurtbox. In the corner it tends to whiff even more than midscreen.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I found a 37% safe reload:
B33212, DF11, F4, DF11, NJP, F4, DF11, DD1
it does 34% with the low starter.

Biggest 2 grenade I found is 30%:
B33212, DF11, F2, 12, 4, DF11, DD1

This is tested vs reptile with and without tech roll
Did you test it with Reptile MB slide?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm doing this against Reptile and you have to be quite far to have the last hit whiff.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
You know, as I said before, I'm easily triggered when people downplay my mains, especially my favorite characters. Sonya has been one of my favorites, if not my favorite MK character, my dedication for her is huge, but to be honest, some of you guys just overreact and downplay her as if she was the worst character in the game, it's hilarious. Asking for buffs since the first patch (when in fact she doesn't NEED ANY), complaining about stuff and MUs, even accusing Steve of taking advantage that he's a Kitana fan and buffing Kitana, even though she just got an unjustified damage nerf 1 or 2 days after the patch. The Sonya forums has literally become my least favorite place on the whole TYM because of the constant whining about one of the best characters in the game. I only visit and post regularly because she's my girl, but otherwise, the negativity is toxic. lol

jmt

Noob
You know, as I said before, I'm easily triggered when people downplay my mains, especially my favorite characters. Sonya has been one of my favorites, if not my favorite MK character, my dedication for her is huge, but to be honest, some of you guys just overreact and downplay her as if she was the worst character in the game, it's hilarious. Asking for buffs since the first patch (when in fact she doesn't NEED ANY), complaining about stuff and MUs, even accusing Steve of taking advantage that he's a Kitana fan and buffing Kitana, even though she just got an unjustified damage nerf 1 or 2 days after the patch. The Sonya forums has literally become my least favorite place on the whole TYM because of the constant whining about one of the best characters in the game. I only visit and post regularly because she's my girl, but otherwise, the negativity is toxic. lol
I think Sonya is great