What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya Patch Changes

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I think the solution to her corner bnb in Demolition is to just reload after her third grenade instead of B14, like

B14/B332 stun grenade F4 stun grenade NJP 4 stun grenade, DD1

Fuck this. This was completely unnecessary.
Yea I guess you'll have to reload while they're in the stun animation from the 2nd grenade. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Does back 1, 4 not being a hard knockdown mean that demolition is dead? I mean you no longer have a safe reload since 2134 is not safe from tech roll right?
not dead but weaker corner game for no real reason tbh. Unless they stealth buffed reload you can't reload safely in the corner at all (not even naked after grenade, just tested vs lao)

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Before settling on B14 as a safe reload, I used to do NJK. Not as safe, but it seemed to work ok. I dunno. This uber sucks!

Dedlock

Noob
Did anybody understand these

• Removed the ability to add extra inputs while doing a normal attack 2in1 cancel which allowed some characters to have the special move cancel only occur on hit / block
  • Removed the ability to have some specific input timings on a 2in1 cancel so it could come out on block but not come out on hit on some normal attacks
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a special move or throw reversal after block stun while still holding the block button
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a wakeup non enhanced special move attack, wakeup throw, or wakeup backdash while still holding down the block button
Sonya is all about canceling and I.don't understand this gibberish and how it'll impact the game.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Did anybody understand these

• Removed the ability to add extra inputs while doing a normal attack 2in1 cancel which allowed some characters to have the special move cancel only occur on hit / block
  • Removed the ability to have some specific input timings on a 2in1 cancel so it could come out on block but not come out on hit on some normal attacks
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a special move or throw reversal after block stun while still holding the block button
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a wakeup non enhanced special move attack, wakeup throw, or wakeup backdash while still holding down the block button
Sonya is all about canceling and I.don't understand this gibberish and how it'll impact the game.
I think this is all about option selects.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
To be fair I might have overreacted to b14 nerf. You can do [starter] sg f2 121 sg 2134 and it's safe vs lao. You lose ~3% but only requires 2 grenades. 1 grenade [starter] sg 21 2134. Cassie and reptile might tag you but it's something. I'll look in to it more when the patch has actually dropped.

Jolt

Uprise
To be fair I might have overreacted to b14 nerf. You can do [starter] sg f2 121 sg 2134 and it's safe vs lao. You lose ~3% but only requires 2 grenades. 1 grenade [starter] sg 21 2134. Cassie and reptile might tag you but it's something. I'll look in to it more when the patch has actually dropped.
I'm not huge on my Sonya side, I definitely favor my Mileena, but guys. We have to remember: Not everyone is always going to tech roll. So we don't need 100% safe in all situation reload tech. For someone that DOESN'T tech roll, 22 reload is a fantastic ender. Mix it up with 22 EX reload, or 22 grenade throw (assuming you leave a 3rd just for this purpose) and we've got SOMETHING.

I think by design they expect us to use 2 grenades in a combo and use the third to try to set up the reload opportunity with EX reload being our fallback.

I know I'm about to get blown up. I'm upset about the nerfs, but I'm trying to stay positive. I think maybe we saw and used the variation differently than they intended. We'll ultimately have to find a way to incorporate EX reload better and bait out the tech rolls into wakeups for our true opportunities.

I won't lie though, with these nerfs they should have allowed reload to be just a bit faster

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok crisis averted. This is just after 5 minute testing. Before my corner bnb did 36/39% dmg [OH/Low starter] sg f4 sg njp ji1 4 sg b14 reload. Now the do 34%/37% [OH/Low starter] sg f2 121 sg sg 2134. Safe vs cassie, not that hard really. So it's not a significant nerf lol

Skedar70

Noob
Ok crisis averted. This is just after 5 minute testing. Before my corner bnb did 36/39% dmg [OH/Low starter] sg f4 sg njp ji1 4 sg b14 reload. Now the do 34%/37% [OH/Low starter] sg f2 121 sg sg 2134. Safe vs cassie, not that hard really. So it's not a significant nerf lol
You the man bro if this works then cool. 2% is not much of a hit.