What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya Patch Changes

Yup, Sonya's throw advantage remains joke, but whatever.

Good to know we still have a safe way to reload in the corner though. I'm pretty happy b33212 isn't going to whiff and stop mid way now. I think good things will come from this.

Dedlock

Noob
Side note: how did kitana etc get their frames after throw buffed but Sonya didn't????
On the kombat Kast yesterday they mentioned Steve Brownback was permanently hired by NRS, he's a huge Kitana fan he tweeted this recently

"I like how kitana is at the top center of that shirt. Cause she is the female icon of mk."

That explains all of the love Kitana has been receiving.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
On the kombat Kast yesterday they mentioned Steve Brownback was permanently hired by NRS, he's a huge Kitana fan he tweeted this recently

"I like how kitana is at the top center of that shirt. Cause she is the female icon of mk."

That explains all of the love Kitana has been receiving.
I'm sorry, but that's a very screwy way to look at it. Just because he's a fan of Kitana doesn't mean he's gonna take advantage of that. Paulo is the lead designer, not Steve. Mileena, Ermac and Scorpion should be getting TONS of buffs then because Derek/Tyler/Ed Boon are fans of these characters respectively. Damn, Scorpion should be god tier in every MK game.

jmt

Noob
Just got the patch.

X-ray mid screen 58% and in the corner 66%.

Still pretty good. Not optimized combos, just f4 grenade.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I am trying to remain positive here.

So it turns out the nerf weren't that significant just more annoying then anything?

Dedlock

Noob
I'll have to test my covert ops post xray damage later, also there is no mention of increased damage on her air throw.

This patch has been weird, I don't think they even did anything to stop Quan Chi's vortex, Kung Lao, Erron Black and Kitana given more buffs like they needed them!

Sonya nerfed, Mileena nerfed, I just started laughing. Lol.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Thanks man, appreciate it.

Yea, maybe it worked before? I really can't remember because I just used b1,4.
If you turn tech roll off for Kung Lao, do you get hit out of it? Sorry I don't think the ps4 version is up yet.
Also now that b33212 mid is actually hitting, in covert ops, you can reliably do that and tick throw into her command grab after the punch from the 1.
Do b332. If they delay wake up, the 2 should hit them now because it is working as intended. Then go into the last 2 inputs and tick throw.

jmt

Noob
If you turn tech roll off for Kung Lao, do you get hit out of it? Sorry I don't think the ps4 version is up yet.
Also now that b33212 mid is actually hitting, in covert ops, you can reliably do that and tick throw into her command grab after the punch from the 1.
Do b332. If they delay wake up, the 2 should hit them now because it is working as intended. Then go into the last 2 inputs and tick throw.
Yep. Spin hits. So late I'm not thinking straight. Damn.

Thus is on ps4. It just downloaded the update.

[me]

Noob
I found safe reload in the corner: b332/b14 sg 4 sg f4 (with little delayed explosion) sg dd1. Tested with on and off Tech Roll. Safe even on Cassie's Power Flip

Reactions: jmt

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
I just found this. Not bad. Tested tech roll on and off

@PunkMafia83
@Dedlock
@DaZengie
This is so bad, may as well play CO lol.

Before the patch I started ending my combos in F4 into DD1 and it is only punishable by tech roll, and guess what - not even once have I been punished by doing it. People at a high ladder rank (I'm top 30-15 on EU) don't know the MU and never punish it and neither do good players in praccing. 39% with OH and 41% with Low starter. This change does not change anything gameplay wise for me, but if I have to go to offline tournies I'll need to start labbing safe reloads but for now F4 is fine.