What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya Patch Changes

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
http://www.twitch.tv/satashi013/v/13919286
Check 14:48

It's a tight frame window but I got it consistent now (unlike the twitch recording). You can also make it do 39% by doing 121 after the first f4.
You were testing it with EX Elbow dash not EX Slide. Elbow dash is 8f and Slide is 6f. And even then it's still inconsistent. It'll be usable on some MUs but if you're going to rely on them having a slow wake-up you might as well do the regular BnB.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
You were testing it with EX Elbow dash not EX Slide. Elbow dash is 8f and Slide is 6f. And even then it's still inconsistent. It'll be usable on some MUs but if you're going to rely on them having a slow wake-up you might as well do the regular BnB.
My bad, I'll try it vs slide today and find alternative combos if it does not work against slide.

What's the frame on laos ex spin? It's safe vs that as well

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
My bad, I'll try it vs slide today and find alternative combos if it does not work against slide.

What's the frame on laos ex spin? It's safe vs that as well
If you can, see if you can optimize my 25%/26% set-up. Or at least try it to give you an idea of how high up in the juggle they have to be for the safe reload. Best of luck

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
If you can, see if you can optimize my 25%/26% set-up. Or at least try it to give you an idea of how high up in the juggle they have to be for the safe reload. Best of luck
On top of my head the highest juggle would probably be NJP into 4 into F4, I'll test it out thoroughly tonight.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
On top of my head the highest juggle would probably be NJP into 4 into F4, I'll test it out thoroughly tonight.
Well that's the thing. I was testing late F4s yesterday and it just doesn't push up as an initial F4. So I'm thinking of a way to extend an early F4 and keep them high up. NJPs are a nono because it resets the height.

Just now as I'm writing this I thought of 21 xx SG or F4(early cancel) xx SG. My concern is if 21 or F4 would hit them while they're high. Because yesterday I was testing with S4 and it doesn't hit 'til they drop a bit. Hence my conclusion being back to back SGs into reload. But it doesn't do shit for damage. That's why until you or someone finds a way to reload 100% safely, I'm thinking on giving up on corner reloads altogether besides vs characters with really slow wake-ups.

Yesterday while labbing I came to the conclusion of either only doing 1 Grenade combos in the corner and end on a Grenade set-up to stuff wake-ups. Saving the final Grenade on the next combo. But that's only the best scenario where you start off with 3 Grenades lol. And even then, if let's say you land a 2nd combo after the set-up, corner game ends there and the opponent can either put you in the corner or pushes the fight back mid-screen (which is probably better for Sonya)

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Well that's the thing. I was testing late F4s yesterday and it just doesn't push up as an initial F4. So I'm thinking of a way to extend an early F4 and keep them high up. NJPs are a nono because it resets the height.

Just now as I'm writing this I thought of 21 xx SG or F4(early cancel) xx SG. My concern is if 21 or F4 would hit them while they're high. Because yesterday I was testing with S4 and it doesn't hit 'til they drop a bit. Hence my conclusion being back to back SGs into reload. But it doesn't do shit for damage. That's why until you or someone finds a way to reload 100% safely, I'm thinking on giving up on corner reloads altogether besides vs characters with really slow wake-ups.

Yesterday while labbing I came to the conclusion of either only doing 1 Grenade combos in the corner and end on a Grenade set-up to stuff wake-ups. Saving the final Grenade on the next combo. But that's only the best scenario where you start off with 3 Grenades lol. And even then, if let's say you land a 2nd combo after the set-up, corner game ends there and the opponent can either put you in the corner or pushes the fight back mid-screen (which is probably better for Sonya)
We'll find a way. The whole point of demo sonya (imo) is the corner game. Even after blocked 50/50 you leave a grenade so that they can't press buttons/have to eat a throw or another 50/50 etc and you can mix them up for the whole round. It's really strong and essential.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
We'll find a way. The whole point of demo sonya (imo) is the corner game. Even after blocked 50/50 you leave a grenade so that they can't press buttons/have to eat a throw or another 50/50 etc and you can mix them up for the whole round. It's really strong and essential.
Well it's not really "the whole round" because you're limited to 3 grenades. And now that she's lost a very important tool to get the grenades back safely, it will be really hard to keep the corner game strong. XRay got nerfed too so Sonya can't depend on a big comeback to win when she's down on health

jmt

Noob
Apparently NRS thought Sonya was too easy to play in the corner so they had to take our reload away.

This patch didn't buff or nerf anything for her CO variation correct?... Just scaled xray damage as far as the affects to CO?

jmt

Noob
Now labbing to find a way for a safe reload set-up from B33U4 when grenadeless.
Was working on that last night too. That scenario happens all the time. It would be nice to find something.

Ended up messing around with this. Nice little mindgame if you have meter and trying to close out a round. If they wake up and the bomb hits, go back into your 12 juggle stuff. If they block, go into your pressure or grab.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Was working on that last night too. That scenario happens all the time. It would be nice to find something.

Ended up messing around with this. Nice little mindgame if you have meter and trying to close out a round. If they wake up and the bomb hits, go back into your 12 juggle stuff. If they block, go into your pressure or grab.

Yep I was doing something similar but with 124 because the HKD makes their wake-up easier to stuff.

I was thinking that this is mostly useful at the end of the round when you only need 1 more mix-up to win it.

But if let's say round 2 starts off and you're in the corner, it's bad news bears. Probably just going to end the combo with 121 xx Reload, get punished, and try to make tht comeback.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
Yep I was doing something similar but with 124 because the HKD makes their wake-up easier to stuff.

I was thinking that this is mostly useful at the end of the round when you only need 1 more mix-up to win it.

But if let's say round 2 starts off and you're in the corner, it's bad news bears. Probably just going to end the combo with 121 xx Reload, get punished, and try to make tht comeback.
I agree, it's very situational.

I've never done 121 into reload. Gonna go try that out.