What's new

Someone has to step up and be honest

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Play Lobo
Honestly this is the exact thing I've been telling people

Perfect Legend

I got bored as fuck playing Aquaman. The top characters in general are boring to use unless you're playing because it's your job. Low tier makes the game so much more fun.

If Lex gets buffed a lot and becomes stupid and broken (which I've heard rumors that he might) I might not even bother anymore.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
First thing I want to say is Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great game and very well made.....however

For me competitively it is extremely boring. It is so slow paced in comparison to Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat is more fun but the balancing is so ridiculous a lot of people don't want to play it. I feel like INJ has a lot of potential but it is so slow on top of that the strategies are all just spam this until it works. There really isn't a mind game behind anything at least not what I am used to. I don't want it to play like a carbon copy of another game but I would like to actually have to use my brain.

Yes I know I am considered one of the top players in the game but I get bored playing this game. Even in MK's practice mode I could sit there just doing stuff but in this game I'm just like ugh. It feels like a chore to play it.

Maybe you've been playing too much, repetition gets boring.

To be quite honest MK9 never failed to put me to sleep after EVO 2011. Watching tournament matches of that game was my cure for insomnia. I love Injustice, but it really is a bit disheartening to see so many people play Superman and Black Adam. We always see the same matchups week in and week out and it just gets so tedious. Watching one stream of Skullgirls, I saw nearly the entire cast played, granted it only has 10 characters, but still that says a lot about how many characters are usable and helps make that game way more interesting.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
The term boring gets thrown around so much it's kind of funny.

People....
SF4 is consider boring because of their spacing and footises
SC is consider boring because of ringouts.
VF is consider boring because of well people think it's not flashy.
SSBB is consider boring because of the pace of the game tone down from melee.
MK9 is consider boring to watch.

What is my conclusion? The word boring is just a piss poor excuse to not like a certain game. Why the hell does boring matter when we're playing the game anyways? I'm not suppose to shout like an idiot if I get a big combo or something I'm suppose to stay focus.

Btw if Injustice is so slow why did it finish faster than MK9? Sigh...this community all we do is complain. Jesus people....

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I still have a hard time sinking a ton of hours into Injustice like I did MK. I will say this though, it's been a lot easier sinking time into this game playing Harley than it was when I played Killer Frost.

i somewhat agree but at the same time you just have to try more characters man. i too get a little bored so i end up lookin in the forums and trying out something new . why dont you go into a tounament woth a new character and see of you make it to grand finals. and thats for any top player whose "bored" with this game. on top of that this game really isnt to be taken that serious i mean come on we're playing with comic book characters with no type of gore lol so of course that shits going to be boring from time to time. even without the goriness of mk9 dont get so upset i guess over this game. try a new character if that dont work wait till mk10 or go back to mk9 :/ and maybe stop playing one sided doomsday and scorpion? idk *shrugs*

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm not even a guy who plays fighting games like that, I grew up playing Mortal Kombat 1/2/3 on Sega Genesis and later onto Tekken 3 for PS1. This is the first fighting game I touched since then, because I am a Dick Grayson fanatic and avid DC comic book reader. This game is a gift to me because it includes basically all the characters I could want and I enjoy the fighting dynamics of it.

I feel like people who overplay a certain character will eventually get bored of the same stuff.
I main NW, but also 2nd and 3rd Bane and HQ. Theres more characters I want to learn(Raven, Flash, Joke, Sexy Lex), especially since I'm going to buy the Zatanna DLC.

I don't really care if the is "broken". I just enjoy for what it is and have as much fun as I can.

If you're not having fun, then it's no longer a video game for you.

I think Tekken and SF are fun to watch fighting games as well as Injustice.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I did stress from the beginning that Injustice on a whole feels forced and uninspired, and now that sentiment is being realized from a competitive aspect. Live and learn I guess

You mean to say tournament players gravitate towards the top tier? Who would've thunk!

I don't mean to burst your bubble but variety will never get any better, no matter who is nerfed, people will flock to the next best top 5 over and over again until people get bored of watching Lobo, Joker, Lex etc.

The buff the low tier argument has proved to be a pointless endeavour financially for WB too because the same crowd will then complain they're now too good, and end up normalized to be worse than what they were in the first place.
I get what you're saying, and I agree, but let me just go on a rant.

Players of all skill levels don't necessarily mind playing with or against top-tier characters. Players of all skill levels do mind playing with or against braindead strategies.

For example, the reason why Kano was nerfed into oblivion wasn't because he was top-tier: it was because his strategy consisted of only knives and upball with maybe a combo thrown in once in a blue moon. Kabal wasn't touched because he required some heavy execution to perform at his best. Cyrax was nerfed a bit, but the community kept finding ways to keep his resets, plus the mind games of just landing a bomb against certain matchups were difficult. Kenshi was touched only a bit if at all, but that's because he was all about making good reads and reacting to the opponent.

To wrap up the MK segment of this rant: take a look at Raiden. Although not necessarily top or god tier, PL did win, if memory serves me correctly, two EVOs or some other really big tournament with him. And his strategy is complicated in execution: a lot of reads and fast inputs need to be made with the God of Thunder to be successful.

As for top tier in Injustice, I'd have to say only Bats isn't as mindless as Kano was, but that's pretty much because his trait makes up for his lack of great normals.

I see Injustice as a playground for new fighting concepts and until MK10 shows up. I'm glad the concepts of clashing vs breakers, MB vs EX, Stage transitions/larger stages, B2B vs block button are explored in Injustice as opposed to seeing them for the first time in MK10. I would hate to see MK10 show up and still see stuff that makes characters run across the stage and turtle a viable strategy. It's also great that NRS was able to make headway on much better netcode and if it is even better for MK10 it will be amazing.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. I see Injustice as this - I would have preferred to have UMK9 but glad the exploration is being done on Batman/Superman's dime. Get frustrated by Injustice and make it all up with Mk10.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
to me Injustice is just as fun as if not more fun than MK, but then again i love fighting games and DC comics
i also genuinely have fun playing GL unless im counterpicked and fullscreen zoned the entire match

Robotic

Gentleman.
You back? Where have you been??!!!
Long time, man. I had to step out for awhile cuz the website virused my home and work pc. But I couldn't stay away forever. I even hit up Bam Bam about it, but I think he got too famous :-D I'm mostly a lurker now, not like before in the sektor forums. But you might find me in the lobo area, having the most fun losing until that patch hits and I unleash space dolphin HELL. You?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
The thing about MOBA's is that they have 90+ characters yet I saw more character diversity in Injustice top 8 than moba top 8. People pick and ban the same characters over and over again. The game's balance is terrible and icefrog refuses to fix it because he doesn't want to change his utmost prize. Plus the matchmaking makes mk9 ranked look spectacular.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Nothing new here, it's been said a lot. Although seeing other chars than Superman and Black Adam in top 8's makes it hyper. Not grand finals though, always these two.

Mosp

Noob
Long time, man. I had to step out for awhile cuz the website virused my home and work pc. But I couldn't stay away forever. I even hit up Bam Bam about it, but I think he got too famous :-D I'm mostly a lurker now, not like before in the sektor forums. But you might find me in the lobo area, having the most fun losing until that patch hits and I unleash space dolphin HELL. You?
I don't post as much anymore but I'm always around. I also just picked up Lobo too and I really like him so far, he's really fun to play. Well if you ever want to play don't be afraid to hit me up on PSN, I'm usually down to play even though I don't take this game that serious.