What's new

So it has been brought to my attention...

Do you think we are fair in regulating people like children?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • God no...I mean yes!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trash talking and drama between top players is part of what fuels the community. Some of the best times during MK9 is when there was juicy drama. Whether it was between PL and CDjr, Midwest vs. NY, Tom Brady vs. Denzell, Tom Brady vs. 16 Bit ect. thats when everyone was happy. The top players trained their hardest to win and prove their point and everyone else got to get out their popcorn to enjoy the show.

Some top players blame the community for them leaving which I don't personally buy. The community is just desperate to find a story, desperate to find some drama to sink their teeth into. And because there hasn't been any lately so all they can do is playfully troll top players much like how the common people of society troll celebrities. Like making gifs and memes of Beyonce turning into the Hulk and plastering it all over Facebook. I think the top players might be over-reacting to the community on a certain degree. Some 'less-seasoned' players have been theory fighting with renowned tournament players which is annoying, but thats a whole other subject.

However, the mods need to let a forum be a FORUM. Let the top players say their piece to eachother. Let them square off at the next tourney so we can get hype and whoever wins pops off and we can all talk about it. You can barely say anything now without a mod coming in and saying' stay on topic or I'm closing the thread'. This site was the best when it only regulated trolls and abusers. Now they regulate even the most mundane stuff.

Its funny to hear if we act like children we'll get treated like children. Cause honestly this site kinda feels like having your mom monitoring you while your having playtime with your friends and taking your toys away if you start having too much fun.
TTHHHIIIISSSSS 100%

Reactions: SLy
One thing i will say is when people say "the hype in the arcades was when people would talk shit..." they forget to mention that they were kids during the arcade days. The oldest of us was somewhere in their early 20s when the console era made arcades something to reminisce on. That being said, the "hype" that comes from shit talking and whatnot is childish. Rivalries in sports, for example, are handled on the field/court or by the fans. Rivalries in real life are either talked out or fought out and done (or people dont talk anymore). In gaming rivalries should be similar. Play it out.

I agree with THTB and everyone else that say that needless stupidity clouded game related topics. Even if you think this site is getting boring, the tech and strategy advances that have been made lately are really amazing. For a while when the site was rowdy i thought that most of the game was figured out and all i had to do to make it to the top was figure out fundamentals and master my character, but more recently it seems that you have to be innovative to be on top. It's gotten so that every time i hit the lab i figure out something amazing that i never even thought of before. I think it's more exciting to work toward the future of this still highly untapped game than to bicker like children that tripped over each other.

pherleece

Woolay
That some people are tired of being regulated like children on this site.

Hmm...well...

Let's see...this is coming from someone who:

1. Loves drama...like a child.
2. Bitches about authority...like a child.
3. Throws a fit about it...like a child.

With this in mind...do you think the regulation on this site goes too far? I certainly can't find a reason why we do go too far...
1. Loves drama...like a child. - most people in this world loves drama like a child. look at womens soap operas, have you seen the ridiculous shit they do which everyone knows it would never really happen but there are still millions of people who watch that kinda of stuff.
2. Bitches about authority...like a child. - i mean we all have police in our cities and people will always bitch about them. i personally have bitched (privately) cause i have had a thread closed cause the mod misunderstood what i was talking about and had to get the last word in before closing the thread. i guess being childish about it would be if i made a thread about the mod abuse but then again i think i should have the right to. i have also noticed other threads being closed and the mod always getting the last work.
3. Throws a fit about it...like a child. - well... who are we to tell people they are acting like a child. what if the user is a child? not sure what else to say about this.

but there are defiantly some issues with the site and honestly i feel most ppl are too stuck up and nothing is really gonna change much. my most recent complaints that i havent said to anyone i guess ill say it here since i think it fits the thread topic but i use to post animated gifs in threads and i got warned not to do it.. but now i see atop player doing it and no one is saying shit. so to me it looks like the mods dont want to piss off the top players in fear of them leaving the site cause the top players do help in bring people.. but to let them break the rules and no one else.. its messed up. look how much shit reo did before they banned him. other people have done the same thing and has been shut up for it cause they are just a regular user..

there are other issues going on but i dont have all day to sit here and address it all. personally i dont use the forums often because i dont have the time but when i do there always seems to be an issue. whatever.. just wanted to add some input, sorry if it didnt help..

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
I completely agree with slips.
also why not create a separate forum for drama and allow visitors volume to dictate what gets front page d?

pherleece

Woolay
also lets say i wanna say something/make a thread and the mods want to regulate me cause they think its childish. lbsh who the fu*k are you guys to tell me "stop your being a child". saying someone is acting a certain way is the persons opinion. now you guys regulate opinions?? also look at the voting on this.. i mean i could say its childish cause both choices are sayings yes so you dont want people to have a option for a plain NO? should this thread be taken down cause of the unfair voting poll? im not saying it should, im just saying you can look at that way. but then again who am i to make these accusations? mods do it all the time and feel they can cause they are mods... big deal.. as long as no one is breaking the main site rules just stfu and stop inserting your opinions and controlling what people are saying.

(this is not directed to you THTB btw, just in general for ANY forum site)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
also lets say i wanna say something/make a thread and the mods want to regulate me cause they think its childish. lbsh who the fu*k are you guys to tell me "stop your being a child". saying someone is acting a certain way is the persons opinion. now you guys regulate opinions?? also look at the voting on this.. i mean i could say its childish cause both choices are sayings yes so you dont want people to have a option for a plain NO? should this thread be taken down cause of the unfair voting poll? im not saying it should, im just saying you can look at that way. but then again who am i to make these accusations? mods do it all the time and feel they can cause they are mods... big deal.. as long as no one is breaking the main site rules just stfu and stop inserting your opinions and controlling what people are saying.

(this is not directed to you THTB btw, just in general for ANY forum site)
be careful pherleece the illuminati will shut you down

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Let the top players say their piece to each other. Let them square off at the next tourney so we can get hype and whoever wins pops off and we can all talk about it. You can barely say anything now without a mod coming in and saying' stay on topic or I'm closing the thread'. This site was the best when it only regulated trolls and abusers. Now they regulate even the most mundane stuff.
You made an excellent post.

My only thing is, what happens when you have guys that *aren't* going to go to the next tournament. Or the one after that. Instead, they'd rather just drag down every player who manages to accomplish something, to the point of insulting them personally. And then once that drama dies down, then they insult someone else; or just insult the same player again without bothering to show up and play them.

I thought the stuff going into Anaheim was fun, and well put, because it was all about "what was going to happen at Anaheim". Rather then sitting at home and insulting guys who are working hard to level up and aren't afraid to show up and put their rep on the line, win or lose.

Likewise if you have a beef with someone, you should be able to show up and talk that out in person.. Not just run around dropping bomb after bomb from behind their back or across the internet.

I'm not for rampant thread closings. But if people are going to ask the mods to hold back, they also need to draw a line where competitive spirit stops. Otherwise the boards become a cesspool of negativity and hate. Rather than about leveling up as a community.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
but there are defiantly some issues with the site and honestly i feel most ppl are too stuck up and nothing is really gonna change much. my most recent complaints that i havent said to anyone i guess ill say it here since i think it fits the thread topic but i use to post animated gifs in threads and i got warned not to do it.. but now i see atop player doing it and no one is saying shit. so to me it looks like the mods dont want to piss off the top players in fear of them leaving the site cause the top players do help in bring people.. but to let them break the rules and no one else.. its messed up. look how much shit reo did before they banned him. other people have done the same thing and has been shut up for it cause they are just a regular user..
Trust me, that is not the case anymore and admittedly, the PL thread should've been closed a while ago and it didn't make much sense as to why it stayed open past half of a page to begin with, even though we all saw that. And don't get me started on REO... >_>

But bottom line, I actually do appreciate this post, and I'm pretty sure everyone else does too.

In response to the drama always going to be there:

The only thing I want people to understand is to actually look at how the site looks in our views and what we try to do to help it survive. It's really, really easy to say mods are too strict when you don't see how negatively some of this stuff does impact the site, especially considering that a lot of it can be pretty much just personal beef. Think about it for a second...when you have people that may come to the site for the first time and the first recent topic they see is drama, or throughout a helpful thread there are personal vendettas being aired out, how do you think this impacts the site? It certainly doesn't help anyone for that matter.

As much as you can say "Just ignore it.", unfortunately people continuously reply to the topics (I'm guilty of this along with a bunch of others), and it's constantly at the top. It's negative, 110%, and turns off a lot of people, believe it or not. People start to view the site as a dramatic place.

For those of you dissatisfied, definitely try to run a forum for one common interest if you ever get the chance. I'm not trying to belittle anyone, but really, TYM didn't get where it was because we liked to be like WWE.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
(crimsonshadow vs pl)
Just want to straighten this out -- I respect PL for his accomplishments. But I was really irked to see a cheapshot at Gross and others right after an excellent tournament, with Gross pulling off a pretty big accomplishment w/ Sektor against a stacked field. So if I reacted badly to that, I apologize.

Maxter and PL have had their beef, but with all the stuff going into Raleigh, Maxter showed up, backed up his talk with actual play (twice), and then exited the stage. I just think it's lame to see guys that really support the scene and compete at a lot of tournaments win or lose, get flamed for being 8th and whatever else at Winter Brawl by someone who was 17th at Dallas and hasn't ventured back out again yet.

If you're going to talk smack, you should be able to take it as well. But to me it's all in fun -- I talked to PL after the fact last night on twitch. I wish him the best, and I hope he comes back and lights the stage up once again.

the beef/ drama/ top whatever threads are 90% of the time the only reason some top players even post or come on the forums. because if we are honest, some top players have NEVER posted any tech or really helped out another player in trouble which is fine. But there are some really helpful players like pig of the hut or pretty much the whole kitana forum which is the best sub-forum of this whole site imo.

so you can't really say all the top players will contribute gameplay info if they have never really done in the first place, whether there is drama or not. it has always been the same people participating in the tech talk. for example if I got to the kitana forums right now, I already know which players are going to help me out if I need something.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
tbh if it wasnt for the obs show,the comedy and the characters in the community id have got bored of mk9 and tym along time ago.it really is just a laugh a minute how serious people take a broken videogame.

the beef/ drama/ top whatever threads are 90% of the time the only reason some top players even post or come on the forums. because if we are honest, some top players have NEVER posted any tech or really helped out another player in trouble which is fine. But there are some really helpful players like pig of the hut or pretty much the whole kitana forum which is the best sub-forum of this whole site imo.

so you can't really say all the top players will contribute gameplay info if they have never really done in the first place, whether there is drama or not. it has always been the same people participating in the tech talk. for example if I got to the kitana forums right now, I already know which players are going to help me out if I need something.
This is false as hell. They contribute a lot.

Not every top player has to contribute, and no one should hold your hand, the information is all there. They do their part the best they can, and the ones that do, contribute a good amount. There isn't only 1 "top" player.

That's just my personal opinion. This game is a hobby after all.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I honeslty think that the drama threads have their place..... it just means that you guys (mods) have to play specially close attention to what is actually said in them.
There is a difference between PERSONAL beef and game beef. Once that line is crossed, you drop the hammer..... other wise...... Let PL call out CDjr. or Vice Versa. Let the community have a say..... but don't let them say things that just cross the line of the post entirely.

If there is a personal thing.... for instance.... Player A talks about jumping player B in an alley and then posts on the forum.... that nonsense doesn't belong anywhere here.

But if Slips comes on here...... and posts that he himself is going to win UFGT while BABYING everyone he plays at least once........ then so be it. He personally isn't attacking anyone, he is saying that he's just gonna rape face. I think there is a place for that type of stuff.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
What's funny is all these "sheet" talkers are uber cool with one another at the tourneys themselves. It's all smiles, handshakes, and ass pats. Moral of the story, speak to people as you would speak to them in the flesh. ;)
i know exactly what you mean dude,plenty of people with big mouths thinking that they can shit talk you and when you call them on it and offer them out their like "dude im not going to fight you over a video game" lol,its not even about the game its about people being pricks and not backing up their insults.

Not every top player has to contribute, and no one should hold your hand, the information is all there. They do their part the best they can, and the ones that do, contribute a good amount. There isn't only 1 "top" player.

That's just my personal opinion. This game is a hobby after all.
if you had just given my very first post a good read you wouldnt have posted this.