What's new

So it has been brought to my attention...

Do you think we are fair in regulating people like children?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • God no...I mean yes!

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I do find it a little silly that I was schmucked out on the only time in my entirety of mod-ism Ive ever taken action another anyone else's actions, but I respect dude's right to do so, all day...but I wouldn't have done it unless I thought it was 100% the right thing to do.

That being said...I really wish all this goddamn drama would end, and we could all go back to loving this fucking game and making our scene stronger, before we become too splintered to keep it anywhere close to where it is now.

^ My cheap plug last attempt to unite the proverbial clans and get everyone in the same book/on the same page.

I hope people listen this time, because it's getting really depressing to see so many people I respect the fuck out of at odds and ends and pissed at one another over completely avoidable messes.

coolwhip

Noob
I will when they respect the mods and the site all the same.
What about PL's thread did you find disrespectful to the mods? I'm legitimately wondering by the way, not being a dick by any means.

In general, I understand the mods' stance to be sure, but that thread seemed to me like him calling out a few players who had called him out before... is that not allowed anymore?

In general, no, you don't over-regulate at all. But I do think that recently, any semi-controversial thread is getting closed.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I will say this much guys.

I'm aware of how shitty this thread makes not only myself look, but how shitty it makes our staff looks. And I can't say time and time again how much I don't want you to look at them any worse for this. This was my decision and my decision alone...it is 100% my views. Do not give these other guys any backlash for my wrongdoings, because they don't deserve it. They work their ASSES off to provide an awesome site for you guys to come to and enjoy yourselves, discussing Mortal Kombat, other fighting games, as well as to promote tournaments to attend in your region, or even just to discuss random things you want to talk about in our off-topic discussions. I've been around a lot of our staff since as early as 2006, and I've seen TYM grind its way to the top, and in no way do I want my thread to jeopardize that by grouping my thoughts with theirs.

HOWEVER.

I think I speak for more than enough people that the drama that takes over this site often is absolutely ridiculous. It's childish shit. I don't care if you get excited by it, this is shit that high schoolers do. A lot of us aren't in high school anymore. Some of the instigators have been out of high school for 10+ years. I don't care if you do this shit on Twitter or Facebook or Myspace or Tumblr or...you get the point. That's fine. But to do it on this site that people come to, so that they can learn some cool stuff about MK, such as combos, strategies, who is the best characters, etc, and have it overshadow that shit...unh unh. No. Just...no. We are not having that.

What we also aren't having is people coming on TYM to undermine this, and bash our staff for keeping the bullshit out of here. No, this wasn't the proper way for a mod to handle it. I will agree 1000% with anyone of you that tells me this. But you know what? Here's why I did this.

If you're going to go off and say that you want us to stop treating you all like children, then stop acting like one. Yeah, this thread is childish. Guess what? This is exactly what you are doing when you make those threads to just blow up someone. Think about that for a second. No, think about that for a good hour. Then get back to me.

We will stop "treating you like children" when you stop "ACTING like children". That's all I gotta say.

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
lol "respecting" a website.on another note why did my buddy "tuxedo kidd" get banned from tym? he's not offensive in any way and he himself is baffled.

THTB

lol "respecting" a website.on another note why did my buddy "tuxedo kidd" get banned from tym? he's not offensive in any way and he himself is baffled.
I will look into the matter of tuxedo kidd, but also, lemme post a bunch of disrespectful shit about you to your Facebook page, which is basically your website about yourself when you think about it. Just saying ya know.

Lol. Be happy this isn't a corporate forum and you're IP banned and recognized the instant you're on or trying to create dupe accounts. You can't even swear, post gifs, memes, or even have half the off-topics discussions on official forums.

Smh.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I will look into the matter of tuxedo kidd, but also, lemme post a bunch of disrespectful shit about you to your Facebook page, which is basically your website about yourself when you think about it.
now my feelings are really hurt.people can post what they want about me on the internet,thats fine.they're not going to say shit to my face so what difference does it make? but yes looking into the tuxedo kidd matter would be most helpful,thanks mr.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Trash talking and drama between top players is part of what fuels the community. Some of the best times during MK9 is when there was juicy drama. Whether it was between PL and CDjr, Midwest vs. NY, Tom Brady vs. Denzell, Tom Brady vs. 16 Bit ect. thats when everyone was happy. The top players trained their hardest to win and prove their point and everyone else got to get out their popcorn to enjoy the show.

Some top players blame the community for them leaving which I don't personally buy. The community is just desperate to find a story, desperate to find some drama to sink their teeth into. And because there hasn't been any lately so all they can do is playfully troll top players much like how the common people of society troll celebrities. Like making gifs and memes of Beyonce turning into the Hulk and plastering it all over Facebook. I think the top players might be over-reacting to the community on a certain degree. Some 'less-seasoned' players have been theory fighting with renowned tournament players which is annoying, but thats a whole other subject.

However, the mods need to let a forum be a FORUM. Let the top players say their piece to eachother. Let them square off at the next tourney so we can get hype and whoever wins pops off and we can all talk about it. You can barely say anything now without a mod coming in and saying' stay on topic or I'm closing the thread'. This site was the best when it only regulated trolls and abusers. Now they regulate even the most mundane stuff.

Its funny to hear if we act like children we'll get treated like children. Cause honestly this site kinda feels like having your mom monitoring you while your having playtime with your friends and taking your toys away if you start having too much fun.

SPLED0R

Noob
Trash talking and drama between top players is part of what fuels the community. Some of the best times during MK9 is when there was juicy drama. Whether it was between PL and CDjr, Midwest vs. NY, Tom Brady vs. Denzell, Tom Brady vs. 16 Bit ect. thats when everyone was happy. The top players trained their hardest to win and prove their point and everyone else got to get out their popcorn to enjoy the show.

Some top players blame the community for them leaving which I don't personally buy. The community is just desperate to find a story, desperate to find some drama to sink their teeth into. And because there hasn't been any lately so all they can do is playfully troll top players much like how the common people of society troll celebrities. Like making gifs and memes of Beyonce turning into the Hulk and plastering it all over Facebook. I think the top players might be over-reacting to the community on a certain degree. Some 'less-seasoned' players have been theory fighting with renowned tournament players which is annoying, but thats a whole other subject.

However, the mods need to let a forum be a FORUM. Let the top players say their piece to eachother. Let them square off at the next tourney so we can get hype and whoever wins pops off and we can all talk about it. You can barely say anything now without a mod coming in and saying' stay on topic or I'm closing the thread'. This site was the best when it only regulated trolls and abusers. Now they regulate even the most mundane stuff.

Its funny to hear if we act like children we'll get treated like children. Cause honestly this site kinda feels like having your mom monitoring you while your having playtime with your friends and taking your toys away if you start having too much fun.

the scorpion pro has spoken... now every1 get over here and read his wise wisdom. above...

THTB

However, that was tried. And you know what?

People got tired of it. Why? Because it LITERALLY was clogging up the forums at one point to where there was no reason to make a constructive thread towards the game. People never cared. We legitimately let that PL thread go for a good bit. And people got sick of it fast when nothing got done to it.

After a certain point, drama isn't entirely fun. Yes, real life and a game are two different things, but it wouldn't surprise me if NONE of you guys liked being involved in RL drama, which is basically what HAS ended up happening here. I'm pretty sure almost all of you would do anything to avoid it.

THTB

Simply put, guys...take that shit to PMs, or somewhere off the site if you got problems.

Goldi

Noob
I pretty much never get involved in the drama threads. Why? Because its none of my damn business who said what to who on twitter or Facebook or smoke signals or whatever you kids are doing these days :p

I'm here to level up and socialize with the community and stay informed of MK events to visit. I have my own little side projects and interests and turn to THIS community for support with those goals. I've been asked to come to other communities where there are more female players and stuff - but I can't leave. I love your crazy asses too much.

If I do trash talk, I can make it blatantly obvious I'm just teasing and there's no actual malice to it. But that's me. I use the emocons heavily, can laugh and make fun of myself and am kinda permanently smiling, so it's pretty clear lol.

But Sometimes that gets lost in translation. Without body language, facial expressions, inflection and tone of voice - HUGE chunks of how people communicate in person - things can get taken wrong. Then the whole site wants to chime in (this is an Internet forum after all lol) and things spiral into something nasty sometimes.

So I'll just say this. This community, this forum and this game are going to be what the posters and players make it to be. The MKC has done absolutely amazing things. We're tenacious, hard working, optimistic and downright stubborn. Our strengths are also our weakness though when gossip, egos, emotions and tensions run high. MK players don't back down. That's what got us to EVO 3 times. That's what made MLG Dallas raise the player cap. That's what makes the charity drives so successful. And that's why we're still brining in new players, both on and offline some 2 years later.

When we have that kind of drive and passion, there are bound to be some clashes and arguing and drama. So you take the good with the bad and make a choice what aspect of the scene you want to focus on. It's worth repeating - TYM and the MKC is what you make it to be. In this scene, your perception is your reality. If you have a distaste for a specific threads, don't bother with them. If you don't like the trolling, ignore it. If you don't want to see drama and e fights, don't click on threads that could induce them.

It really is that easy. I love the community, and I love playing with and talking with all of you. But I'm not going to stalk anyone. Ok, I lied. I might lovingly stalk a few folk, but it's usually for pretty MK related reasons :p What people do and say in other social networking sites isn't my business. I'm here to focus on my own gameplay and support the community.

Long post is long lol. Tl;dr - this is a big forum. Find your niche and participate when and where you want, ignore anything that turns you off.

SLy

Noob
Nah.. The mods are cool..
I appreciate the work they put in. I think everyone else just overreacts.
They regulate because that's their job. But they are more lenient than most might think