What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

LEGEND

YES!
Hmmm... No Batman on your list or Raven.

Why do you think Nightwing is good?
Raven might be even or good for Sinestro. Batman i hear is bad for him but i have yet to fight a batman that gives me trouble

Nightwing is a close one cause of his pressure, but he has to stay in Staff to be of any threat at all so i pretty much always have the mobility advantage and he has to take risks to get in. Of all Sinestro's MUs i have played this one the most

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Raven might be even or good for Sinestro. Batman i hear is bad for him but i have yet to fight a batman that gives me trouble

Nightwing is a close one cause of his pressure, but he has to stay in Staff to be of any threat at all so i pretty much always have the mobility advantage and he has to take risks to get in. Of all Sinestro's MUs i have played this one the most
Hmmm... I need to really look into Sinestro then. I actually don't know much about him.

I would think Nightwing would have the edge in the match up thanks to Staff. Also, he kan switch between stances to change his mobility options. Have you played Guamo?

LEGEND

YES!
Hmmm... I need to really look into Sinestro then. I actually don't know much about him.

I would think Nightwing would have the edge in the match up thanks to Staff. Also, he kan switch between stances to change his mobility options. Have you played Guamo?
i think i played guamo a few games. don't think i lost though one was close

The staff trades with Fear Blast but FB does 6% to the Staff ground shock's 5%. And if Nightwing blocks a FB i can either MB it or jump back to bait a Ground Shock and make it wiff with the air fear ax if he tries it. In escrima Boulder wins the projectile war as well but i also get a hard knockdown and guaranteed chip

Also Nightwing pretty much has to stay in Staff stance so he has a way to stop my trait charge, lowering his mobility and giving me the upper hand in footsies

But once nightwing does get in it can be a nightmare for sinestro. if i don't have a couple bars of meter things can get ugly fast

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i think i played guamo a few games. don't think i lost though one was close

The staff trades with Fear Blast but FB does 6% to the Staff ground shock's 5%. And if Nightwing blocks a FB i can either MB it or jump back to bait a Ground Shock and make it wiff with the air fear ax if he tries it. In escrima Boulder wins the projectile war as well but i also get a hard knockdown and guaranteed chip

Also Nightwing pretty much has to stay in Staff stance so he has a way to stop my trait charge, lowering his mobility and giving me the upper hand in footsies

But once nightwing does get in it can be a nightmare for sinestro. if i don't have a couple bars of meter things can get ugly fast
Makes sense...

Raven it is! lol

jk... Character is too plain for me.

Sublime

Stop blocking my hits with your face!
What are y´all opinion bout vs Wonder Woman? Ill mostly get fucked up at corner vs her lasso :S

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Ran into another Sinestro player last night. I picked the character that I am actually the best with which is Aquaman because I hate mirror matches.

He relied too much on his up close game, although he was throwing out a lot of good stuff he didn't stand a chance against Aquaman up close.

He wasn't your typical online player either, he was blocking my B12, DB2 DB1 with consistency. But he really didn't have an up close answer. Aquamans trait and up close game is too much for Sinestros up close IMO.

Le Froglet

GT: TheFrog 87
Okay ... What's your thoughts versus Batgirl ? I've played a few some (scrubs) just think "oh i'll just teleport" because your a zoner and they literally sit full screen all match trying to do it and you just sit full screen ducking and then punish them for it while firing projectiles.

BUT she has good mix ups up close and she has the batarang and shackles which she can close in on you with while your there thinking as soon as i do a projecticle BOOM teleport. It's been 50/50 so far with a certain Batgirl player.

Thoughts people ? Should it be a mid range fight ?

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Okay ... What's your thoughts versus Batgirl ? I've played a few some (scrubs) just think "oh i'll just teleport" because your a zoner and they literally sit full screen all match trying to do it and you just sit full screen ducking and then punish them for it while firing projectiles.

BUT she has good mix ups up close and she has the batarang and shackles which she can close in on you with while your there thinking as soon as i do a projecticle BOOM teleport. It's been 50/50 so far with a certain Batgirl player.

Pig Of The Hut
Honestly i have zero clue because i refuse to play her or focus on tactics against her till after UFGT when she is allowed.
Im all focused on people in my pool and the tourney

batgirl after UFGT

Also i have a major Doomsday volume 2 video i am going to make covering all his other options w the whole cast and sinestro

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Pig Of The Hut
btw from what i hear she could be his worst mu

LEGEND

YES!
Ran into another Sinestro player last night. I picked the character that I am actually the best with which is Aquaman because I hate mirror matches.

He relied too much on his up close game, although he was throwing out a lot of good stuff he didn't stand a chance against Aquaman up close.

He wasn't your typical online player either, he was blocking my B12, DB2 DB1 with consistency. But he really didn't have an up close answer. Aquamans trait and up close game is too much for Sinestros up close IMO.
being up close as sinestro is definitly a bad idea. You have to play it very lame and work slowly towards getting trait

Trait cancels, FB and MB Fear blast mix-ups are about all you can do until you get trait up. If you find yourself up close without meter just wait for aquaman to do something negative (alot of his moves are -) and just walk back, the only ways aquaman can catch up to you is by doing something risky (ie. Jumping, Dashing)

haven't played vs Aquaman since the patch so idk what the best punish for the Scoop is currently but before, MB FB was the best option and it also gave you plus frame so you could either dash away or get a free mix-up
-
I get bodied every time i try and attack Aquaman

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Pig Of The Hut
I understand its only a couple of days, but this MU might be worse than Aquaman. It's bad, really bad. Once people get her down this will be as uphill as a MU can get. Maybe one of the worst of any char in the game.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
After playing my friends batgirl, she is so mobile and so fast that it is very hard to charge trait. Add that to the fact that I cant seem to find a decent punish move makes me think its slightly or more towards her favor.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
After playing my friends batgirl, she is so mobile and so fast that it is very hard to charge trait. Add that to the fact that I cant seem to find a decent punish move makes me think its slightly or more towards her favor.
Not only that, but when you get her long range you have to be extra cautious due to that bum ass MB teleport. Slows up Sinestro's long range game to the max. Not only does she pace the fight and impose her style on you, she dictates YOUR pace as well and you have to fight around it. It feels like NRS made this char to spite me!!!!

Most good players wait on you to do any move then dash forward and crouch block, then watch your hand for the overhead block then dash in, bat girl is an exception. She just waits for you to exist then punishes you for it. Bad matchup for a lot of characters. Sinestro cant use his ring cause he fears her to much. BTW she is better than him up close too.

RIF

Noob
Jesus I cannot beat the following characters with ANY consistency:

- Doomsday: I cannot punish enough to make a dent in his HP. It's ALWAYS close. ALWAYS, but I lose consistently. I need to learn this match-up, but there has to be something I am missing. I can't punish ANY of his MB attacks. This seems like a match Sinestro should win since the rocks knock Doomsday out of his Nova attack. Frustrating.

- Batman: I just lose to this character no matter who is playing them. Rush me down and I die. That's about it. Every time.

- Aquaman: You cannot trade with him from far. My attacks lose to him at close range. If I get trait out, things are a little better, but that match-up seems very, very hard.

- Batgirl: Nothing works against her. You lose far away and you lose up close. Not a good look.

- Flash: In my ass 24/7. Seriously. I guess I need to use wake-up arachnid more now, but damn.

- Superman: He outzones me with eyes. I don't get this.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U

- Doomsday: I cannot punish enough to make a dent in his HP. It's ALWAYS close. ALWAYS, but I lose consistently. I need to learn this match-up, but there has to be something I am missing. I can't punish ANY of his MB attacks. This seems like a match Sinestro should win since the rocks knock Doomsday out of his Nova attack. Frustrating.

- Batman: I just lose to this character no matter who is playing them. Rush me down and I die. That's about it. Every time.

- Aquaman: You cannot trade with him from far. My attacks lose to him at close range. If I get trait out, things are a little better, but that match-up seems very, very hard.

- Batgirl: Nothing works against her. You lose far away and you lose up close. Not a good look.

- Flash: In my ass 24/7. Seriously. I guess I need to use wake-up arachnid more now, but damn.
I will agree that Batgirl is the best Anti Zoner in the game with that Teleport.

LEGEND

YES!

- Superman: He outzones me with eyes. I don't get this.
i agree that all of these are bad, except Superman. You gotta bait air lasers and punish with Impact Event or just jump them and Build trait in the mean time. Superman can't stop you from building trait midscreen with leaving himself open to some kinda of counter attack (IE: Shackles, FB ect). His lasers can be dealt with on reaction

Up close you at least have MB B3, Pushblock and the D1 guessing game. And if you really just want him off of you and have a good life lead you can always just eat the Air Breath