What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sinestro vs Ares week 1 footage

I feel sinestro will be 5-5 or better here. Just watching i see massive things i didnt do and will do from now on as well as better BNB rate

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I don't know if anyone agrees but I feel that Sinestro's hardest enemies are Superman and Doomsday from playing online.
Sinestro doesn't do bad against Superman actually. I played a long set with PL's Superman and the matches went pretty even. Doomsday on the otherhand I feel will be bad, but not too bad. Probably a 6-4.

Pig Of The Hut

Sinestro doesn't do bad against Superman actually. I played a long set with PL's Superman and the matches went pretty even. Doomsday on the otherhand I feel will be bad, but not too bad. Probably a 6-4.
4-6 against doomsday might be "being too nice" lol

I do think it is by far his worst mu

Pig Of The Hut

Guys I just wanna throw some #s out from my exp so far

Happy to discuss - Dont blow me up if im hella off in a few months lol

Again this is just from my early reads, notes, exp, etc

Superman 5-5
Lantern 6-4
Ares 5-5
Black Adam 5-5
Flash 6-4
NW 6-4
Batman 4-6
ds 4-6
WW 5-5
Grundy 6-4
Bane 5-5
Catwoman 6-4
Lex 5-5
Joker 6-4
Frost 4-6
Arrow 6-4
Doomsday 3-7 (Possibly his worst)
Hawkgirl 6-4
Raven 4-6
Harley 5-5
Aqua 4-6
Cyborg 5-5
Shazam 6-4

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm no Sinestro player, so please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the Sinestro/Deathstroke MU seems to be heavily in Deathstroke's favor. As far as I can tell, they can block each other's ranged attacks infinitely, except Deathstroke does more chip. This means Sinestro literally can't win a zoning war with Deathstroke, and needs to either establish an early life lead and keep it, or try to get in. Considering Sinestro's tools and mobility, getting in on a good Deathstroke is going to be pretty tough. Even assuming he can get in and not lose too much life in the process, I don't know how great his up-close game is compared to Deathstroke's.

I just want to reiterate that these opinions are based on my own tests and match experience. Please correct me if Sinestro has some way to break the cycle of blocked zoning trades.

Tyram

Noob
Cyborg 5-5 ?

please explain this to me. I main cyborg and I would really like to know how the cyborg's you played against played you.

what did they do?

I try to zone sinestro out but rocks + the binding bullshit fucks me up everytime and when i zipline to get in I get hit by his anti air uppercut shit.

Please help me to understand what I should be doing

thanks in advance.

Pig Of The Hut

I'm no Sinestro player, so please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the Sinestro/Deathstroke MU seems to be heavily in Deathstroke's favor. As far as I can tell, they can block each other's ranged attacks infinitely, except Deathstroke does more chip. This means Sinestro literally can't win a zoning war with Deathstroke, and needs to either establish an early life lead and keep it, or try to get in. Considering Sinestro's tools and mobility, getting in on a good Deathstroke is going to be pretty tough. Even assuming he can get in and not lose too much life in the process, I don't know how great his up-close game is compared to Deathstroke's.

I just want to reiterate that these opinions are based on my own tests and match experience. Please correct me if Sinestro has some way to break the cycle of blocked zoning trades.
Lets play for a hour or two tonight to test

Ill record, post and we can discuss further

Cyborg 5-5 ?

please explain this to me. I main cyborg and I would really like to know how the cyborg's you played against played you.

what did they do?

I try to zone sinestro out but rocks + the binding bullshit fucks me up everytime and when i zipline to get in I get hit by his anti air uppercut shit.

Please help me to understand what I should be doing

thanks in advance.
IAF head level consistently

CURBOLICOUS

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Played Smar's BA early on. 100% agree. His Adam is awesome.

Imo the matchup seems even to me so far. His Dive Kick full screen is the biggest threat and leads to full combos, but can get blown up by MB B3, and he can't do fakes often because of the threat of Rock. Adam can punish just about every on of our zoning options with Black Magic, but he can also get punished by Fear Blast or Final Shackles. If the matchup eventually tips in his favor it'll probably be do to his STUPID damage output.

Pig Of The Hut

Played Smar's BA early on. 100% agree. His Adam is awesome.

Imo the matchup seems even to me so far. His Dive Kick full screen is the biggest threat and leads to full combos, but can get blown up by MB B3, and he can't do fakes often because of the threat of Rock. Adam can punish just about every on of our zoning options with Black Magic, but he can also get punished by Fear Blast or Final Shackles. If the matchup eventually tips in his favor it'll probably be do to his STUPID damage output.
yea agreed

I want another run at his adam soon

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

What are your thoughts on the Flash MU? i saw that you think its 6-4 sinestro, just curious why that is
Haven't met a flash yet that I can't out zone

I feel sinestro can punish whatever flash tries to do and push block when he needs to.

We should play some matches , record and ill post for study and discussion

I honesty feel flash in the current game has issues w zoners as a whole.

Again all these #s come w a grain of salt and limited two week action but just creating a building block

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Tyram Pig Of The Hut

Tyram cyborgs zoning kills sinestro. iafb can block infinite him all match so technically this match is 10-0. Cyborg can also do iafb and recover fast enough to block overhead rock and straight projectile. Get them going fast enough but not low enough to hit him ducking he still cant interrupt your zoning because as soon as he stands up he gets hit by iafb.

Tyram

Noob
Tyram Pig Of The Hut

Tyram cyborgs zoning kills sinestro. iafb can block infinite him all match so technically this match is 10-0. Cyborg can also do iafb and recover fast enough to block overhead rock and straight projectile. Get them going fast enough but not low enough to hit him ducking he still cant interrupt your zoning because as soon as he stands up he gets hit by iafb.
yeah I figured it would involve IAF. damn it. lol I use a stick and I have been trying for the past 2 days to master the IAF at just the correct hight but I just cant get it low enough. not even to hit in the face all the time. I couldn't even hit DS standing lol. I was hella close though.

I'm still waiting for a video to come out showing someone doing the IAF on a joystick.

I'm still at work now but as soon as I get home ill get back to work on the IAF.

LEGEND

YES!
Haven't met a flash yet that I can't out zone

I feel sinestro can punish whatever flash tries to do and push block when he needs to.

We should play some matches , record and ill post for study and discussion

I honesty feel flash in the current game has issues w zoners as a whole.

Again all these #s come w a grain of salt and limited two week action but just creating a building block
i'm going to try and snake an ethernet cable all the way from my room to the modem sometime this week so i can have a wired connection. I'll let you know when i get that done

I know you don't like wireless :rolleyes:

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
yeah I figured it would involve IAF. damn it. lol I use a stick and I have been trying for the past 2 days to master the IAF at just the correct hight but I just cant get it low enough. not even to hit in the face all the time. I couldn't even hit DS standing lol. I was hella close though.

I'm still waiting for a video to come out showing someone doing the IAF on a joystick.

I'm still at work now but as soon as I get home ill get back to work on the IAF.
Its prolly super hard to do it on a fightstick. I can do it pretty easily on pad.

Tyram

Noob
Its prolly super hard to do it on a fightstick. I can do it pretty easily on pad.
Yeah I've seen your posts and read the Cyborg threads a lot.

most pad players on here i guess.

I'm thinking of posting a vid of me doing the IAF so people can here how fast im inputing the command.

btw do you have XBL?