What's new

Match-up Discussion Sinestro Matchup Discussion

what can I do against Doomsday? 'cause when they use that thing online I get raped
You can Impact Event on reaction to knock him out of it(if you mean the Supernova.) Alternatively you can try forward dashing, but Sinestro's is mediocre and I haven't been able to get the timing down, and the former is so much simpler.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
After the BnB how do you feel about the Doomsday MU?

I ran a couple sets against a buddy of mine and it seemed that it was pretty even if Sinestro can keep DD out and make him work for his damage and if you can avoid him while his trait is up and running.

To me this is a very, "I have to make every move count and not screw up anything or I'm screwed" type of MU.

Against ransoms online I can outzone them and they freeze up but against someone competent it is a bitch.
ill know after ufgt next weekend

Pig Of The Hut

So do you guys feel there are any stages whose interactables noticeably affect match ups negatively or positively? It seems like some stages like the Hall of Justice's constantly reappearing mini tanks(no idea what they're called) could give characters who might have trouble getting in a useful projectiles, while other's like Atlantis have object's like the tablet they could bounce off of. Are there any stages you think Sinestro should avoid or try to fight on atm?
What do you guys think of the Raven MU?
5-5

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
ill know after ufgt next weekend
I was running a few sets against some decent (Im using that term loosely) DD players.

Couple of things to note:

1. His MB supernova is a blessing in reality, especially if you have meter. I welcome it nowadays, it's a free 34% all day long. If they are stupid enough to keep doing it, I'll keep MB B3 to full combo punish. Bring it skydivers!!

2. If he activates his trait full screen MB Fear blasts or a well timed boulder and a few fear blast should will do that trait in quick even if he rushes.

3. Like you said many times, push block that bastard when in a corner.

4. If he wants to turtle full screen in crouch block nail him with a MB boulder and get some 25-40% damage on him if you have trait active. That's the beauty of Sinestro is his versatility of his zoning weapons. Shackles, trait, fear blast, and rock. Endless possibilities to keep him full screen.

Let me not blow this out of proportion and say this is an easy MU, because it isn't. Once DD gets in, it's like being between two pieces of bread on Oprahs plate, it's curtains if you don't escape.

However, Sinestro is a mind games character, you keep the other guy guessing and make them screw up. I think this HEAVILY applied to Doomsday out of any other opponent of Sinestros.

Pig Of The Hut

I was running a few sets against some decent (Im using that term loosely) DD players.

Couple of things to note:

1. His MB supernova is a blessing in reality, especially if you have meter. I welcome it nowadays, it's a free 34% all day long. If they are stupid enough to keep doing it, I'll keep MB B3 to full combo punish. Bring it skydivers!!

2. If he activates his trait full screen MB Fear blasts or a well timed boulder and a few fear blast should will do that trait in quick even if he rushes.

3. Like you said many times, push block that bastard when in a corner.

4. If he wants to turtle full screen in crouch block nail him with a MB boulder and get some 25-40% damage on him if you have trait active. That's the beauty of Sinestro is his versatility of his zoning weapons. Shackles, trait, fear blast, and rock. Endless possibilities to keep him full screen.

Let me not blow this out of proportion and say this is an easy MU, because it isn't. Once DD gets in, it's like being between two pieces of bread on Oprahs plate, it's curtains if you don't escape.

However, Sinestro is a mind games character, you keep the other guy guessing and make them screw up. I think this HEAVILY applied to Doomsday out of any other opponent of Sinestros.
Are you on xbox?

Owerbart

I miss you
Care to explain? I played it little but it seems as Raven can punish more than Sinestro can. Upclose maybe she has the advantage, but what bothers me most is the Sinestro's projectile. I haven't reached the point but I wouldn't want to see Sinestro with trait loaded. Is this the way you see it?

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Are you on xbox?
Yeppers, my tag is: Deviated Neuron. I'm usually on every night around 8 or 9pm eastern until 2:30-3:00am depending on what rotation I'm on at the hospital.

Feel free to add me or if anybody else in the yellow corp wants some practice or tech I'm game.

Pig Of The Hut

Care to explain? I played it little but it seems as Raven can punish more than Sinestro can. Upclose maybe she has the advantage, but what bothers me most is the Sinestro's projectile. I haven't reached the point but I wouldn't want to see Sinestro with trait loaded. Is this the way you see it?
honestly after ufgt i'll know best but the way i see it is sinestro can stay full screen or rush her down

Sinestro can dash in between her failed soul crush or liftand trade projectiles

he can AA her teleport into combo clean and in this MU he gets trait within an above avg time cause its a zoning match that full screen he wins and imo he can rush down as well and end in charge

hopefully at UFGT i can record some games w raven players as well as online w mr mileena

Pig Of The Hut

Yeppers, my tag is: Deviated Neuron. I'm usually on every night around 8 or 9pm eastern until 2:30-3:00am depending on what rotation I'm on at the hospital.

Feel free to add me or if anybody else in the yellow corp wants some practice or tech I'm game.
do me a favor

add forever king and play his doomsday and let me know what you think of mu :)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
do me a favor

add forever king and play his doomsday and let me know what you think of mu :)

Haha, I could only imagine. There's a shit ton of difference between him and some supernova spamming prick online, no doubt.

He honestly scares the fuck out of me when he gets close. I feel my balls starting to hurt and get all tingly when a Doomsday player corners me. *shivers*.

I could only imagine it feels like if you were cornered in the shower by big Bob at the state pen. Frightening.

Pig Of The Hut

Haha, I could only imagine. There's a shit ton of difference between him and some supernova spamming prick online, no doubt.

He honestly scares the fuck out of me when he gets close. I feel my balls starting to hurt and get all tingly when a Doomsday player corners me. *shivers*.

I could only imagine it feels like if you were cornered in the shower by big Bob at the state pen. Frightening.
also add Skeletal Minion

Those are the 2 best ive played and Jeremiah

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
also add Skeletal Minion

Those are the 2 best ive played and Jeremiah
I'd love to add them to get some actual great DD experience. Because from what I've played against they don't pressure like what I have seen from the really good DD players.

I'm game for anything even if I get my face pounded into dust bad it will be a great learning process.

I like losing to good players because it teaches you your mistakes and makes you better IMO.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Oh? What makes it even rather than heavily in our favor? We can shackle her if we block any of her ranged moves, her projectile counter is useless against Fear Blast (EX it when you see the projectile counter to hit her before she can EX it at any range), we outrange her and we have far better normals.

I know I don't play at highest level of play, but this matchup felt heavily in our favor to me.

By the way do those Doomsday players play on PS3 by any chance?

Any tips for fighting Batman?
Backdash is very useful against him after strings. Also I think it's his 11 string that ends in an overhead that we can hit him out of before the 3rd hit with D1>shackles.

If the Batman player is using Trait then dashing to get in, you can shackles or fear blast before he gets to you. His trait will still hit, but it keeps him out.

Other than that, try to keep him from getting in super close range. Once he gets close, he can cross us up and our AAs won't hit. Try to backdash after that super safe string where he puts the explosive bats down.

Other than that it's hard to say... That's a matchup I'm still trying to figure out as I rarely see good Batmans (But got the chance to play a bunch of matches against one today). Oh, and charge trait after every combo, every knockdown, w/e. Trait changes this matchup completely. When you have it up, it becomes ridiculously easy to keep him out and punish his crossups with a full combo.

Pig Of The Hut

Oh? What makes it even rather than heavily in our favor? We can shackle her if we block any of her ranged moves, her projectile counter is useless against Fear Blast (EX it when you see the projectile counter to hit her before she can EX it at any range), we outrange her and we have far better normals.

I know I don't play at highest level of play, but this matchup felt heavily in our favor to me.

By the way do those Doomsday players play on PS3 by any chance?

Backdash is very useful against him after strings. Also I think it's his 11 string that ends in an overhead that we can hit him out of before the 3rd hit with D1>shackles.

If the Batman player is using Trait then dashing to get in, you can shackles or fear blast before he gets to you. His trait will still hit, but it keeps him out.

Other than that, try to keep him from getting in super close range. Once he gets close, he can cross us up and our AAs won't hit. Try to backdash after that super safe string where he puts the explosive bats down.

Other than that it's hard to say... That's a matchup I'm still trying to figure out as I rarely see good Batmans (But got the chance to play a bunch of matches against one today). Oh, and charge trait after every combo, every knockdown, w/e. Trait changes this matchup completely. When you have it up, it becomes ridiculously easy to keep him out and punish his crossups with a full combo.
Dang sorry only Xbox for them

Also play these ravens

Chemical_violence ( Blind_Man )
Mr. Mileena

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Sounds good, and thanks in advance! I'll try to get some games in with you before work tomorrow.

I look forward to playing a good raven and see if the matchup still works how I think at high level play!

Anyone tested using standing 3 to avoid Swamp Hands? I dont have the hitboxes memorized or anything, but if a standing 3 can avoid KF's slide, surely it can avoid a low ground projectile.

Pig Of The Hut

Anyone tested using standing 3 to avoid Swamp Hands? I dont have the hitboxes memorized or anything, but if a standing 3 can avoid KF's slide, surely it can avoid a low ground projectile.
standing 3 avoids grundy grabs

not sure about swamp hands but doing standing 3 to avoid KF slide is so risky

LEGEND

YES!
Just a quick opinion of what i think Sinestro's Good and Bad MUs are. Want to see if we are all on the same page and discuss any difference in opinion

BAD MUS:

Killer Frost
Aquaman
Doomsday
Catwoman
Flash
Black Adam (though the more i play it the more i lean to 5-5, it just takes alot of effort)
Ares
Joker

GOOD MUS:

Grundy
Bane
Harley
Lex Luthor
Superman (not kidding)
Green Lantern (shaky 6-4, definite on high interactable stages though)
Nightwing
Cyborg
Shazam
Hawkgirl
Green Arrow (Mostly theory, haven't fought a great green arrow offline yet)

Everyone else is either even imo or i don't have enough experience to form a solid opinion

WoundCowboy
Pig Of The Hut
SomeCubanGuy

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just a quick opinion of what i think Sinestro's Good and Bad MUs are. Want to see if we are all on the same page and discuss any difference in opinion

BAD MUS:

Killer Frost
Aquaman
Doomsday
Catwoman
Flash
Black Adam (though the more i play it the more i lean to 5-5, it just takes alot of effort)
Ares
Joker

GOOD MUS:

Grundy
Bane
Harley
Lex Luthor
Superman (not kidding)
Green Lantern (shaky 6-4, definite on high interactable stages though)
Nightwing
Cyborg
Shazam
Hawkgirl
Green Arrow (Mostly theory, haven't fought a great green arrow offline yet)

Everyone else is either even imo or i don't have enough experience to form a solid opinion
Hmmm... No Batman on your list or Raven.

Why do you think Nightwing is good?