What's new

Rising Thunder (Alpha) Discussion & Matchmaking Thread

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I'm already pre crying knowing that you and sonicfox are playing Dauntless's worst matchup :/
I think I lost like 3 games total last night when playing for a couple hours after being in training mode for a bit. I really wanna be home playing right now.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I think I lost like 3 games total last night when playing for a couple hours after being in training mode for a bit. I really wanna be home playing right now.
Yeah Carbon rank is basically half filled with people who have either been playing for 20 mins or just suck so they can't rank up, I'm in Gold 4 right now and it's really dumb.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Thanks for the reply! Do the specials interact with the attack buttons in any way? Ie , medium and light versions of specials, etc etc?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone bored and want to give me a rundown on the characters and their styles?
Posted links for that earlier in the thread.

Dauntless is the rushdown heavy normal boxer. Has a normal AA, easy combo damage, quick OH.
Chel is the shoto. Zones, AAs, easy combo damage.
Talos is the grappler. Can charge grabs for one hit armor.
Crow is the tricky setup mixup character. Can throw projectiles for lockdown purposes. Can also turn invisible.
Edge is the quick ninja mixup character. Has Guy like dash mixup.
Vlad is the flight character. Flying has its own fuel gauge. Can flight cancel any Air normal and standing heavy. Flight cancels takes a chunk of fuel.

EntropicByDesign

Gotcha.

I only signed up a couple days ago, so I've got a long wait ahead of me, but I am sooo looking forward to this game.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
My crow is gunna be ridiculous dude. The character is gunna be top for sure
You invisible cowards are no much for my honorable Edge.

EDIT: For anyone wanting to use a DS3 with RT. I have a program called SCP Driver. I dont remember where I found it but I guess I can upload it if someone tells me how.

EntropicByDesign

Posted links for that earlier in the thread.

Dauntless is the rushdown heavy normal boxer. Has a normal AA, easy combo damage, quick OH.
Chel is the shoto. Zones, AAs, easy combo damage.
Talos is the grappler. Can charge grabs for one hit armor.
Crow is the tricky setup mixup character. Can throw projectiles for lockdown purposes. Can also turn invisible.
Edge is the quick ninja mixup character. Has Guy like dash mixup.
Vlad is the flight character. Flying has its own fuel gauge. Can flight cancel any Air normal and standing heavy. Flight cancels takes a chunk of fuel.

Thanks again, I saw the links but on my work phone so extremely limited in what this internet will let me click on and view. The fact that tym works is still a mystery.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah Carbon rank is basically half filled with people who have either been playing for 20 mins or just suck so they can't rank up, I'm in Gold 4 right now and it's really dumb.
How the hell people get to gold 4 so quickly. It feels like I win 3 in a row and lose one and i get nowhere.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
My crow is gunna be ridiculous dude. The character is gunna be top for sure
All this time I thought his F.Heavy was an overhead turns out it's a low.

Ahh can't wait to have a proper online mode and a proper training mode so I can find out what's actually going on lol.

I jumped from Carbon 1 to Silver 5 in one sitting lol.

Braindead

Also is it me or does this game have almost no hit stun on the moves?

It's like after I finish my combo I immediately get hit dafuq

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Also is it me or does this game have almost no hit stun on the moves?

It's like after I finish my combo I immediately get hit dafuq
I noticed that as well, luckily for me I can just throw up a disc and get started again lol

Braindead

I noticed that as well, luckily for me I can just throw up a disc and get started again lol
I use Edge and faced a Crow and had a pretty lol bug. He was charging his disc to throw it and I hit him with a slide while he was doing that, so his disc got stuck on his back and kept moving with him.

He went invisible but the disc was still visible so I could still tell where he was lmao.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I use Edge and faced a Crow and had a pretty lol bug. He was charging his disc to throw it and I hit him with a slide while he was doing that, so his disc got stuck on his back and kept moving with him.

He went invisible but the disc was still visible so I could still tell where he was lmao.
I had that happen to me yesterday and was like wtf is going on lmao

beepboop

Noob
So I've been trying to pick up Edge -- is there any reliable way to keep the juggle going? I'm labbing right now and it seems like a button-mashing crapshoot.

Braindead

So I've been trying to pick up Edge -- is there any reliable way to keep the juggle going? I'm labbing right now and it seems like a button-mashing crapshoot.
Still haven't figured that out.

I mean if you do the alpha first, then do the uppercut, you can mash the uppercut to get a juggle, but I don't know how to get it all with the wall bounce.

Braindead

I have ZERO clue how to fight Dauntless. It seems whatever he tries hits me. I can never block anything lol.