What's new

Rising Thunder (Alpha) Discussion & Matchmaking Thread

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
This game looks awesome from what I've seen. I love the art style but I'm still waiting to hear more about gameplay.

Slymind

Noob
Looks pretty cool actually, will watch how things unfold.

Assuming this game is good, besides it we have : MKX, upcoming KI and SFV, and there is a possibility for GGXrd.

PC becoming the platform for fighters apparently, these are interesting times i must say.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
It's built up for Online, I'm hoping the netcode is god like, free to play (So i'm guessing some KI esq scheme) but I could be wrong, looks fun!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Looks like it plays like KI a bit, or at least based on the animations. Too bad its PC only(?) I might have given it a shot lol

It doesn't say what platform it's on. Just "PC" which is as helpful as saying "It's on a console"... Which one(s)?

Linux support? OS X support?

PC is not Windows. I know people are dug into it and I seem like I'm being nitpicky by pointing it out....

...But this is one case were the misconception is actually turning out to be quite damaging. It's increasing the amount of vendor lock.

You'd be shocked the amount of games that would be playable across all PC operating systems were it not for really simple-but-poor decisions. And they're generally overlooked because people think PC = Windows.

It's not difficult. Just say what operating system the game is available for. Simple as that.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
PC is not Windows. I know people are dug into it and I seem like I'm being nitpicky by pointing it out....

...But this is one case were the misconception is actually turning out to be quite damaging. It's increasing the amount of vendor lock.

You'd be shocked the amount of games that would be playable across all PC operating systems were it not for really simple-but-poor decisions. And they're generally overlooked because people think PC = Windows.

It's not difficult. Just say what operating system the game is available for. Simple as that.
When people think of PC and gaming sadly the mass do not think about Linux and OS X. I know it sucks for those users but they should have learned by now that OS X and Linux are just after thoughts now.

Nice one, any that came out in the past 20 years?
I don't want to get to the point with you, where the fact that not all PC's are Windows hinges on me having to show Linux is a priority targeted gaming platform.

Linux and Mac OS X are definitely not targeted gaming platforms. But that's an entirely separate argument. I almost certainly couldn't name many games released for Linux first, certainly not one's you've heard of.

But the point is, PC is not Windows. Even if it's clear the game will be released for windows because it's almost DEFINTIELY certain it will be on windows, the developers have not cleared up if the game will be on two other operating systems, simply because

I won't blame non-technical people for not understanding PC != Windows. I'm not that nitpicky. But developers in charge of making a game certainly should be. I would just like to know if the game is available on OS X or Linux, because saying it is for PC does not give me that information.