What's new

Reptile IS top 10?

People say Sonya beats him but its more like 5 - 5
Okay I could just suck in the MU because online reptile is impossible to face with anyone.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
And whoever says Reptile goes even with Kabal, we have gotten so used to Kabal breaking everyone a 6-4 looks like a 5-5. LBSH

Probably but the same goes for the other Kabal MU so it evens out and Reptile still does relatively well against him. Kitana vs. Kabal is terrible but I'm constantly told it doesn't look that bad.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Are you telling me you think Reptile BEATS KABAL, or am I reading that completely out of whack? Also, I don't think KL is anywhere near that bad, lol. It does feel that way against the right KL's sometimes though haha.
No, Kabal beats Reptile lol. I have a friend offline who plays KL, and it's a nightmare.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Repilicus probably has only a few losing MU's and they are 4-6's, no worse. He's probably 7th in the game overall. I'd say he loses 4-6 to Sonya, Kung Lao, and possibly Freddy or Skarlet. The best part about him..he goes even with KABALL
You don't think Cyrax is bad?

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
He's an A+ Tier, upper end of the cast for sure. GGA 16 Bit was right, he called it on the KTP reunion show special and even before that. (Watching it now for the first time coincidentally)

He's competing with Kitana, Cage, Jax, Skarlet, Smoke, and Cyrax for that top 10 spot, so i personally could not put him inside of top 10.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Might be, Cyrax can trade favorably from mid to full-screen but Reptile is so mobile he can usually find a way into his sweet spot.
I agree with this, I have been really on the fence about Cyrax ever since he has been mentioned as bad. I'm not sure, because it seems to me that either character can take control at any given moment. Maybe that's just me though.

Let's be serious here. Reptile is most likely better than both Cage and Kitana. Enera is right, it's about the machups. Reptile has no brickwall MU like they do with Kenshi and Kabal. These MU are a more dire problem for them in tournament play than anything a Reptile loyalist has to worry about.
You mind sharing how Reptile deals with Sonya up close during the stair down and she has 1 bar of meter?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I usually have reptile at around 8th or 9th in my MU charts. People who think he isn't must not have played a top reptile player before.

PerfectMindGame I think they do. He avoids all of their force ball shenanigans with his mobility, punishes dash easily with 21 spin. And, well... he's KOONG LOU. None of Lao's tools are shut down by reptile.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sonya isn't favorable, but it's not the total shitfest everyone makes it out to be. Play more patient, dammit, and don't be afraid to get close to a Sonya when you have to.

Welcome to the Reptile's AA class, Kitana vs Reptile.; Reptile wins. Probably one of the better matchups for Reppy boy.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i always thought ermac was a tricky matchup for reptile...maybe that was prepatch...

and as for kung vs reptile it is definitely 5-5, reptile has his setups on what not but so does kung lao. Kung Lao can match slow and ex slow forceballs with ex Grind hat if he wanted to. Lol.

NKZero

Noob
i always thought ermac was a tricky matchup for reptile...maybe that was prepatch...

and as for kung vs reptile it is definitely 5-5, reptile has his setups on what not but so does kung lao. Kung Lao can match slow and ex slow forceballs with ex Grind hat if he wanted to. Lol.
Reptile can run riot with Ermac. One match where Ermac can't abuse TKP because Reptile either punishes or gets in anytime he wants to where he can overwhelm Ermac. Also Ermac has a weak wake-up game and Reptile has one of the strongest anti wake-up set-ups so he can give Ermac trouble. The only thing Ermac has going for him is the ability to punish dash hard with big damage and the fact that Reptile cannot use consistent zoning. Instant air blast might also be useful at Reptile's dash range but I'd say 6-4 Reptile.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Reptile can run riot with Ermac. One match where Ermac can't abuse TKP because Reptile either punishes or gets in anytime he wants to where he can overwhelm Ermac. Also Ermac has a weak wake-up game and Reptile has one of the strongest anti wake-up set-ups so he can give Ermac trouble. The only thing Ermac has going for him is the ability to punish dash hard with big damage and the fact that Reptile cannot use consistent zoning. Instant air blast might also be useful at Reptile's dash range but I'd say 6-4 Reptile.

im guessing it was better for ermac when his tkp had better recovery i guess huh?

NKZero

Noob
im guessing it was better for ermac when his tkp had better recovery i guess huh?
Hmm not too sure but elbow dash is pretty much a guaranteed punish every time since it's so damn quick. I think this MU has always been consistently 6-4 in Reptile's favour, irrespective of the frame data changes with TKP. But now it's worse in that even if Ermac isn't punished Reptile is up in his grill and Ermac has slightly more recovery time which allows Reptile to start his shenanigans up close.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Pretty sure Reptile can't punish max range TKP. Ermac can actually keep Reptile at bay pretty well by zoning with forceballs. Trying to elbow dash to close the distance risks the possibility of eating a TKP. It's can be difficult to get any favorable trade, but ex slowball comes to the rescue here. Definitely a 5-5 imo.

And I agree completely with this thread. Reptile is in the top 10, no downplaying here :)

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
*troll_List in action*
Kano
Sheeva
Nightwolf
Jade
CSZ
Stryker
Sektor
Raiden
Rain
Human Cyrax

-trolling completed-
Human Cyrax IS better than Reptile. Stop reading "I'm enough of a scrub to pick up Cyrax just for the command grab bomb trap but Human can't do it so he must be the worst in the game" threads from May 2011 lol