Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I just don't feel like he's this weak character. I'm like yeah this stuff could suck but then I think about who I feel he struggles against and who he doesn't...I feel like he's not that bad off.

I guess cuz I'm thinking more along the lines of matchups than a flat out comparison of tools.
Yea one thing I've noticed is that he doesn't lose to anyone that badly but he does lose to a lot of chaeacters. I don't think he has a 3-7 as of now

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yea one thing I've noticed is that he doesn't lose to anyone that badly but he does lose to a lot of chaeacters. I don't think he has a 3-7 as of now
Honestly I don't even see a lot of loses. Most of it is even IMO, and really only because of his damage output which is fine.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I had a very long and drawn out explanation as to why reptile isn't the same character we played four years ago and how he is still extremely good despite the lack of Representatives and the downplaying from the few who choose to rep him, but this thread really is making me sad lol and I don't think it's worth my time because Reptile players are dead set on buff demands instead of trying to improve.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I had a very long and drawn out explanation as to why reptile isn't the same character we played four years ago and how he is still extremely good despite the lack of Representatives and the downplaying from the few who choose to rep him, but this thread really is making me sad lol and I don't think it's worth my time because Reptile players are dead set on buff demands instead of trying to improve.
It's called having a different opinion.. I really don't care for buffs. I already play other charscters.. Instead of just saying we are wrong. Copy and paste the reason you gave as to why you think he is strong. We already gave countless reasons as to wbu we think he is weak

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Honestly I don't even see a lot of loses. Most of it is even IMO, and really only because of his damage output which is fine.
Exactly.. His damage output. I will find myself going toe to toe with an opponent but losing so many times just because I could not do more damage while the he was getting 35-40% on each punish

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It's called having a different opinion.. I really don't care for buffs. I already play other charscters.. Instead of just saying we are wrong. Copy and paste the reason you gave as to why you think he is strong. We already gave countless reasons as to wbu we think he is weak
That's good man you need those other characters stick to them, because Reptile is just trash tier. Just wait for mk9 fb's and dash to come back I'm sure he'll be better then. Let's make that claw an overhead and give him more damage then he'll be solid.

In case you were wondering that was indeed sarcasm. Just look at his tool set. The character has everything he could possibly need to win, and he uses all those tools well in different ways in various situations. As far as neutral goes he is among the best characters in the game, his zoning us better than most characters in this game, and he has enough offensive presence to force people to respect him enough to have to eat pressure. He can do just about anything. The only thing I really see him struggle with is getting out of solid pressure, he still has the tools they are just harder to use as most times his best option is armor. His meter building is the only other problem I can really see, it's really slow for a character who relies so heavily on it. Aside from those two things there should be no complaints from anyone in any facet of his game. He plays up to par with pretty much all the cast, and all the MU'S he does lose he doesn't lose them by much. Btw, losing a mu to a character doesn't mean that character is better, it's just a bad mu. Beating a character and being a better are two completely different things. That's not necessarily directed at you I have just seen that concept get mixed up more than a few times in this thread.

If you want at least 5 characters rep is better than here:

Kitana
Kano
Ferra Torr
Kotal
Mileena
Jason
Goro
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Kenshi
Jacqui
Shinnok

Feel free to pick 5 out of that list because imo reptile is better than all of them. I didn't even post up the characters who I personally think reptile is better than I probably a lot of others dont. I think you'll all start to come around and see once this game is fully fleshed out.

That's good man you need those other characters stick to them, because Reptile is just trash tier. Just wait for mk9 fb's and dash to come back I'm sure he'll be better then. Let's make that claw an overhead and give him more damage then he'll be solid.

In case you were wondering that was indeed sarcasm. Just look at his tool set. The character has everything he could possibly need to win, and he uses all those tools well in different ways in various situations. As far as neutral goes he is among the best characters in the game, his zoning us better than most characters in this game, and he has enough offensive presence to force people to respect him enough to have to eat pressure. He can do just about anything. The only thing I really see him struggle with is getting out of solid pressure, he still has the tools they are just harder to use as most times his best option is armor. His meter building is the only other problem I can really see, it's really slow for a character who relies so heavily on it. Aside from those two things there should be no complaints from anyone in any facet of his game. He plays up to par with pretty much all the cast, and all the MU'S he does lose he doesn't lose them by much. Btw, losing a mu to a character doesn't mean that character is better, it's just a bad mu. Beating a character and being a better are two completely different things. That's not necessarily directed at you I have just seen that concept get mixed up more than a few times in this thread.

Kitana
Kano
Ferra Torr
Kotal
Mileena
Jason
Goro
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Kenshi
Jacqui
Shinnok

Feel free to pick 5 out of that list because imo reptile is better than all of them. I didn't even post up the characters who I personally think reptile is better than I probably a lot of others dont. I think you'll all start to come around and see once this game is fully fleshed out.
Lol whut cassie cage?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
@Big Pampering Any reason as to why he isn't? His footsies are just as good, his 50/50 is safe all the way around, and he has a better zoning game overall. Can't really see why Reptile shouldn't be considered at least on the same level.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Exactly.. His damage output. I will find myself going toe to toe with an opponent but losing so many times just because I could not do more damage while the he was getting 35-40% on each punish
Reptile gets 36% into a forceball for 1 bar midscreen punish in Nimble, 30% midscreen meterless into a slide knockdown. In the corner he gets 27% meterless off his PLUS ON BLOCK overhead and 30% for one bar from the low. He gets 43% for one bar punish in the corner in Nimble, 33% meterelss. The only thing low damage are his 50/50's as they should be. No body should lose over a 3rd of their life bar because they guess wrong on a 50/50. Two b34's on hit are 32% and they're safe, come on.

This 'low damage output' nonsense has got to stop.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
@Big Pampering Any reason as to why he isn't? His footsies are just as good, his 50/50 is safe all the way around, and he has a better zoning game overall. Can't really see why Reptile shouldn't be considered at least on the same level.
cassie has a 6 frame flip kick that juggles, aa's and is an insane punisher. I think her 50/50 is very good but her low is unsafe but you can os overhead I think. I'm just giving reasons as to why should could be better. I know she's strong for sure and a lot of people have her high in the tier list.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Kitana
Kano
Ferra Torr
Kotal
Mileena
Jason
Goro
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Kenshi
Jacqui
Shinnok

I like you man, but there is no way in hell Reptile is better than Lao, CASSIE, patched Kenshi, or Jacqui.

Scoot Magee

Reptile gets 36% into a forceball for 1 bar midscreen punish in Nimble, 30% midscreen meterless into a slide knockdown. In the corner he gets 27% meterless off his PLUS ON BLOCK overhead and 30% for one bar from the low. He gets 43% for one bar punish in the corner in Nimble, 33% meterelss. The only thing low damage are his 50/50's as they should be. No body should lose over a 3rd of their life bar because they guess wrong on a 50/50. Two b34's on hit are 32% and they're safe, come on.

To be fair, when comparing to the other good characters he's outclassed in the damage department on 50/50's. That's why he's not top tier though and the other characters are but I don't think he's bad.

Maaaaaaan. That brings back memories...

I honestly would love to see MK9 Reptile. He'd be a lot more interesting.

This argument has more sides than a box full of boxes.
And what's fucked up is a reasonable argument can be and has been made for almost all of them by knowledgable people.
But I still have to side with Zilla. As he exists now, there is no appeal to Reptile for anyone who doesn't already bleed green. He isn't powerful or exciting enough to garner any momentum, and the most notable thing he's done thus far in this game is finally get a UMK3 skin, and nothing short of at least one or two really useful tweaks or having Deceptive replaced entirely with that fake Iron Skin variation leak is going to change that anytime soon. In the future down the line, he may get his fair praise just like he did in MK9, but for now? Nope.
Lolz I made that iron skin rep

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
To be fair, when comparing to the other good characters he's outclassed in the damage department on 50/50's. That's why he's not top tier though and the other characters are but I don't think he's bad.
Yeah but when you look at the aspects of damage, meter use, and safety then he's doing fine on that front.

Griefa

Noob
Reptile is terrible when compared to top tier characters. He needs to be buffed, but I think all of these would be a bit excessive. Above all, Claw needs to be made safe, and his damage need to be buffed. Also, his variations need to do more because at the moment they are all trash.

Source- Myself, with over 2000 matches with reptile, and a reptile main in MK9.

Scoot Magee

Kitana
Kano
Ferra Torr
Kotal
Mileena
Jason
Goro
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Kenshi
Jacqui
Shinnok

I think a lot of those characters can be argued by players of those characters. You know there was a recent patch that gave out a significant amount of buffs right?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

Thats why in my OP I specifically mentioned Noxious and Deceptive for damage increase, Nimble mid screen he gets 41% and corner gets 49% both 1 bar, damage is not his issue in Nimble. Nimble problem is its even more so meter dependent, normal Nimble is useless and he has trouble building meter.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Kinda shocked this thread got so many hits, comments. No one usually gives a flying shit about Reptile lol.... although 96 votes "No" without one even descent list of 5 characters worse than him is frustrating to see.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

You're assuming everyone plays nimble

and there are plenty of characters that do ridiculous damage compared to reptile. Raiden and Kotal come to mind.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I don't know that he is bottom tier, but you would certainly fell as such playing any decent Scorp or Sub player. Can't zone, slow normals, "trait" that requires a bar to even use most the time, and a lot of damage scaling to boot. He can cause some damage yes, but good luck being consistent online. And if you don't get the extra bar from the first hit good luck. I'm not saying anything new, but I'm not going to be Joe Cool and say he doesn't need anything. He needs some love. It does seem to me that his DB4ex got a little faster recovery in the last hot fix maybe. I've used it a little more to punish ice balls. Hopefully someone at NRS is looking at him.