Bottom 5 Yeees?

• Yes

Votes: 135 39.0%
  • NO

Votes: 211 61.0%

• Total voters

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
And also LOL at him being better than Cassie. I play both characters and Cassie is BY FAR a more complete character than reptile.

Her 50/50s into restands ALONE make her better than reptile. But add on a six frame launcher/punisher and tons of neutral and plus strings (and godlike pokes)... and reptile doesn't even compete with her.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You're assuming everyone plays nimble

and there are plenty of characters that do ridiculous damage compared to reptile. Raiden and Kotal come to mind.
They do ridiculous damage compared to most of the cast. And everyone is playing nimble because it's the only good variation. This is one thing in OP I agree with.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
There has to be a bottom 5 in every game. Unless there's only 4 characters.

If Reptile gets buffs the new bottom 5 will need buffs. And so it continues. Bad luck this time, he had pretty it good in MK9.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
6 frame dash, 7 frame D1
I'd say choose one, ed that is risky to use but punishes everything for 9% or the ability to get out of dumb pressure by poking back.
Klaw -4 Safe OH that is also a hard knock down (yes this needs to be an overhead. EX should still be full combo punishable, although maybe it shouldn't since safe armored launchers aren't uncommon in this game) This will help his meter building
Make it a -5 safe OH, HKD or not is irrelevant. Ex -10 armored OH launcher. Right now normal Klaw is worthless and there's no point in ever using it without meter at all.
Forceballs should mirror SubZeros Iceball start up and recovery on both Reg and EX
That'd be waaaaay too good. Considering you can change the speed and EX it. But yeah they're way too slow right now to be usable outside full screen/setup. I'd make the start up or recovery better for sure.
EX slide should be a hard knockdown
Meh kind of a luxury buff
F21 & F41 0 on block. b34 -6.
F21 is fine as it is. B34 doesnt do a lot of damage at all so sometime like -4 would be nice but not really necessary, it was worse prepatch. F41 tho, thats a tricky one. At the highest level its worthless as a stagger string. Its easy to see, your follow ups are too slow and the only mix up would be a full combo punishable slide. Better recovery frames would be nice.
4% damage increase to Noxious and Deceptive.
No
Remove the moveset to choose short, medium or far Pounce. db4 should only perform far pounce as short and medium pounce are completely useless. It also is difficult to pull off the far pounce db4f because slide is df4. EX Pounce should have less recovery on Hit to allow for more combo potential.
Klaw pounce is currently the most useless move in the game. Super slow, full combo punishable, doesn't really give you anything or goes around zoning. I'd actually just get rid of that move. I don't think I've ever hit anyone with it.
Reduce the gravity of f412 to allow for the NJP combo or reduce the recovery on his command dash. This would help with #6 above.
No, the combos after f412 are fine.
EX noxious lasts its full duration regardless of being hit or not
Yes. If its too good just reduce the damage but imo ex noxious is gimmicky. There aren't really any good setups during your pressure, and most of the time you only get 3-4% before getting hit out of it. Using a bar is not worth it and you get way more damage using nimble if you land a combo.
Reg Nimble allows Reptile to Block, should also have better recovery, its unusable at this point.
No, that'd be insaaane and not true. Regular nimble is very useful against some characters if you finish your combo with it.
Reg Invis has the same start up/recovery as EX Invis, EX Invis recovers faster allowing for frametraps and more combo potential. Startup of Invis absorbs projectiles and builds additional meter.
The only semi useful setup Ive found midpressure is 14 ex invis, but anyone who knows the match up and has a quick 2-hitting string can blow it up. The "you take no damage for 1 hit" is kinda worthless, and again, you get poked out of invis pretty easily. I wouldnt want something like Devorah's 'use a bar to cancel the bug get a free 50/50 from a string that advances you half the screen forward" or Liu Kang/Scorpion/ErronBlack's cancels but anything would be nice.
I have yet to experience these "free mix ups on invis" I keep hearing about, since I've been playing people with brains :/

It's a good list tho Aj.

However, he does need to get the 2124 randomly whiffing fixed and maybe decent air normals. J1 and j2 are mega poopy and the instant air normal nerf really hit him hard.

Last edited:

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
I seriously can't believe some of the shit that people are asking for in this thread, and it's shit that I've not even seen before, like people are just picking things out of a hat and saying "that's what Reptile needs".

A faster d1/d3 (7f will do)
Better recovery and/or start up on forceballs (even if it's just ex forceballs)
d2 to have better recovery
f41 to be -3 (or just better than what it is)
Ex klaw swipe to hit overhead, and leaving the non meter burned mid (to stop crying)

Some of the requests make it look like we're taking the piss here

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
STOP!! he's fine... he needs ZERO buffs.

Dude wants an OVERHEAD claw.. "Hey.. plz buff so I can have a 50/50 as a wake up attack option. I dont want to be pressured so give me an option that makes players want to back off or be mixed up as I get off the ground".

GET OUT OF HERE
I remember you trying to convince cdjr and I and Sub was fine prepatch while you were OTGing Ice Cloning use to death in the corner. Im sorry your character only gets 51% meterless in the corner and has probably some of the best dash/air normals in the game. But hey according to you he's mid-low.

I also remember you making a video telling the GA community to "stop pretending the character was bad" because he had f2d14 into super. You were super right in that one GA was sure an A+ character since he was the only character with unlimited 4 bars of meter all the time.

This makes me think, you either have a weird idea of balance, or you have an agenda. And judging by the way you yak about subzero it seems like the latter one.

Last edited:

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
I remember you trying to convince cdjr and I and Sub was fine prepatch while you were OTGing Ice Cloning use to death in the corner. Im sorry your character only gets 51% meterless in the corner and has probably some of the best dash/air normals in the game. But hey according to you he's mid-low.

I also remember you making a video telling the GA community to "stop pretending the character was bad" because he had f2d14 into super.

This makes me think, you either have a weird idea of balance, or you have an agenda. And judging by the way you yak about subzero it seems like the latter one.
Don't forget man, Reptile can't have an overhead and a low on wake up! God forbid any character had that, you know, especially one that had a slide and a hammer...

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
@RM Cossner I'd rather take the 6 frame dash over the faster poke. Its the life we live! lol

As for far pounce you should give it a shot. Its very good in a lot of MUs like Sub and Kang, my issue with it is that I get slide out way too often. Its also can be tricky to punish because it has weird block stun.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
@RM Cossner I'd rather take the 6 frame dash over the faster poke. Its the life we live! lol

As for far pounce you should give it a shot. Its very good in a lot of MUs like Sub and Kang, my issue with it is that I get slide out way too often. Its also can be tricky to punish because it has weird block stun.
In MK9 elbow dash was his poke, thats why d1 and d3 were so garbage. Here, it seems ( :rolleyes: ) that that was the original intention again, but someone decided to nerf it without compensating in the poke department.

Also Im at work in my phone so I cant really write much but I do wanna reply to a lot of ppl :(

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
When I watch Reptile being played, its l

I disagree that Jacqui and Mileena are worse than Reptile. I don't have any exp on Jason or Kitana.
alright maybe Ferra / Torr instead of Mileena. Only saying Ferra due to the wake up situation with that character.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Burns yes?
Don't forget man, Reptile can't have an overhead and a low on wake up! God forbid any character had that, you know, especially one that had a slide and a hammer...
Here's a funny story about Brady... First time I played against him, after picking him up, after he ate my pizza without paying and slept on the floor of my house, but before he went on his stream to talk shit about me. He was talking mad shit about Reptile during our games and he said, after I tried Klaw Swipe: "yeah bitch that's not an OH anymore I made sure of it".

Maybe Brady had nothing to do with it and he was just talking shit. Maybe having an OH is legitimaly broken in a game where raiden gets 40% vortexes. Who knows!

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I agree with Lackey, but it losses to many tools in certain match-ups. Until they fix that bug in the other variations.

RapZiLLa54

Here's a funny story about Brady... First time I played against him, after picking him up, after he ate my pizza without paying and slept on the floor of my house, but before he went on his stream to talk shit about me. He was talking mad shit about Reptile during our games and he said, after I tried Klaw Swipe: "yeah bitch that's not an OH anymore I made sure of it".

Maybe Brady had nothing to do with it and he was just talking shit. Maybe having an OH is legitimaly broken in a game where raiden gets 40% vortexes. Who knows!
Sounds like Brady lmao

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Man I needed a good laugh this morning, I'll be sure never to take any of your posts with any legitimacy from now on lol Cassie, Kotal, Lao and Kenshi lmao

Holy shit don't feed the trolls wow
Lol that's fine stay free scrub. You probably have zero neutral which is why you get blown up with reptile. Sorry you don't get get to roll yer face on the pad and play solid like you did in mk9 breh.

RapZiLLa54

Lol that's fine stay free scrub. You probably have zero neutral which is why you get blown up with reptile. Sorry you don't get get to roll yer face on the pad and play solid like you did in mk9 breh.
The salt I typically generate comes from how strong my footsie neutral game is f21 but wait... why am I feeding the trolls.

Are you actually insisting that Reptile was braindead at a high level in Mk9? Dude just go away, you're adding nothing to this conversation.
@Scoot Magee lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think a lot of those characters can be argued by players of those characters. You know there was a recent patch that gave out a significant amount of buffs right?
I'm not disagreeing with cassie being high at all, my argument is that reptile is just as good if not better. Cassie is certainly debatable, as well as maybe kotal, and yes I'm fully aware of the patch broski. It's just my opinion as to how I see reptile.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Rapzilla is no scrub. I do think your choice of character is a bit ridiculous mang